Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NeverStopMoving View Post
    Susan can marry Joe. Fred cannot marry Joe. Susan has more rights than Fred. That's called inequality.
    Ron Paul 2012

kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GrokTheCube View Post
    In American law, the need for substantive equality is well established.

There are churches that marry gays, the marriages are not recognized.

So yeah, anti-gay cry babies are also generally anti-freedom of religion when it comes to gays.

It's just so silly. It's like these asshat's parents never taught them how to mind their own business.

It's really amusing to me that the liberal and conservative stereotypes are reversed on this issue. It's the conservatives that turn into whining babies that run to big mommy government because something hurts their feelings.
    Them freedom loving conservatives.
    "I think people with you views should not allowed to express them. " --amtharin

"If fascism comes it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts."

Registered User NeverStopMoving's Avatar
    NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeverStopMoving is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NYbrah View Post
    nothing to say?

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EuropeanHammer View Post
    A lot of people are obsessed with gay rights, I can understand if a homosexual is fighting for gay rights, but why are liberals so obsessed with it? Gays are probably not even 1% of the population yet it is constantly a major issue that is brought up, there are bigger issues out there that need to be fixed instead of us worrying about whether Adam can marry Steve, thoughts misc brahs?
    I think it's one of those chicken or the egg discussions. Do liberals simply choose to make an issue out of it for any number of reasons, or are liberals merely responding to conservatives making a huge issue out of somthing that's really not a major issue.

MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrShenanigan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
    Yes there is.

It's a violation of the 14th Amendment that's why. It's called sex discrimination and the state has no legal compelling interest to deny marriage solely on the basis of sex, just like they couldn't deny marriage solely on the basis of race.

Which has what to do with the law? Gays do not have equal rights. Blacks and Whites could both marry their own race in the 60s, and over 90% of Americans opposed interracial marriage. So why wasn't that viewed as equal rights? Why isn't interracial marriage still illegal?

Homophobes are such pathetic excuses for humans.
    Good try. No, you can call it sex discrimination because it suits you but it isn't. They also require you to be 18. They probably don't explicity say in the law that it bans 2 men marrying does it? It probably just defines what marriage is which is between a man and a woman. Why do you think you have the right to change the definition of marriage? You don't win by calling someone a homophobe or a racist or a bigot or anything else like that either. *******.

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's really amusing to me that the liberal and conservative stereotypes are reversed on this issue. It's the conservatives that turn into whining babies that run to big mommy government because something hurts their feelings.
    Well, it's not all that much of an Opposite Day, traditionally sex is the issue that has that effect.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JFizzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NeverStopMoving View Post
    nothing to say?
    Logical and reasonable arguments don't work with people like NYbrah. You're better off convincing a wall.
    *Certified ****head Crew*
    *US Navy Crew*

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    Well, it's not all that much of an Opposite Day, traditionally sex is the issue that has that effect.
    Yeah, I suppose. It just still cracks me up.

All those tough thick skinned conservatives telling people to suck it up when it comes all the PC BS are the first to turn into whiny babies on the gay marriage issue. Seriously, they should take their own advice, wash the sand out of their vaginas, and let people do their thing. If you don't like something, don't friggin do it.

I mean really, what do you tell a 4 year old that says, "Mommy! I don't like the game that Johny is playing!". You tell them, "Well, you don't have to play it." you don't tell them "My God! How dare he! I will make a big to-do about nothing and see that this stops at once!"
    *Type O Negative Crew*
    Give Blood: http://www.redcrossblood.org/

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Religion

/thread
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post
    Religion

/thread
    The real ironic thing is that all the Christians who rant against gay marriage because it offends their sensibilities laugh at Muslims who want drawing Muhammad banned for the same reason. Just as Muslims can simply choose not to look at pictures of Muhammad, Christians can simply choose not to get married to a person of the same sex, or go to a gay marriage ceremony.
    *Type O Negative Crew*
    Give Blood: http://www.redcrossblood.org/

SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SierraEcho has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
    You do realize most gays aren't like that, and why do you think it's ok for obnoxious, aggressive men to hit on women who want nothing to do with them, but god forbid a gay guy hits on you? You should consider it a compliment, because gay guys have notoriously high taste. Unless they are physically molesting you, just be like "Thanks for the compliment, but I'm straight". Any decent gay guy will accept that.

Straight guys who are secure with their sexuality have nothing to fear from being hit on by gays. Only those with insecurities are some how repulsed because a guy happens to think you're attractive.

And again, welcome to what straight guys have been doing to women for all of human history.
    I'm not generlizing ALL of them togeather, just saying, I don't like those ones.
    The "Oh, you don't like flamers hitting on you, Homophobe!" arguement is a bit old. I've had a gay guy tell me he loved me, who I had just met at the party, not 30 minutes earlier. Was just as akward as if a female I just met 30 minutes ago said it.

And, you say not to lump all gay guys togeather, then you lump all straight guys togeather. Really?
    No light to guide.
    No ties, no ties to bind.
    Evening tide what do you hide, damnation or salvation?

germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Because an uncle and one of my cousins cannot marry the person they love. And the symbolism of the ceremony isn't even the issue. They could live with their partners for 50 years building a life together and then be kicked out of the hospital room when the other is on their deathbed. They can be passed over in a will for a family member that hates them. It just isn't right to deny these kinds of legal protections to some while freely allowing them to others.

Huitzilopochtli commands Weightaholic's Avatar
    Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
    Because an uncle and one of my cousins cannot marry the person they love. And the symbolism of the ceremony isn't even the issue. They could live with their partners for 50 years building a life together and then be kicked out of the hospital room when the other is on their deathbed. They can be passed over in a will for a family member that hates them. It just isn't right to deny these kinds of legal protections to some while freely allowing them to others.
    Yup. Even if it's not "marriage" by name, they at least need the same legal rights the rest of society takes for granted.
    My personal pronouns are: Don't talk to me/Fck off

TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I see that NYBrah has posted ITT. Before I say anything else on this topic, I want to make you gents aware that NYBrah has never had sex. You see, according to NYBrah, the sole purpose of sex is procreation - anything else is unnatural. If you ask NYBrah how many children he has fathered, he will tell you that he has fathered no children. Ergo, he has never had sex.

Has this relationship (or rather, lack thereof) with sex colored his views on gay marriage? You be the judge.
    ignore list: MuscleXtreme

”The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.”

–Henry Rollins

TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Total self control is the natural human state. Those that are against gay marriage are afraid of the implications of total self control, for themselves, and for everyone else. In a nutshell, they hate freedom.

”The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.”

–Henry Rollins

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The real ironic thing is that all the Christians who rant against gay marriage because it offends their sensibilities laugh at Muslims who want drawing Muhammad banned for the same reason. Just as Muslims can simply choose not to look at pictures of Muhammad, Christians can simply choose not to get married to a person of the same sex, or go to a gay marriage ceremony.
    Yeah well, the one thing all religions have in common is retardation.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) w00tasaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's such an important issue because you can replace "gays" with any other minority and then check out how it sounds:

A lot of people are obsessed with black rights, I can understand if an African-American is fighting for black rights, but why are liberals so obsessed with it? Blacks are probably not even 13% of the population yet it is constantly a major issue that is brought up, there are bigger issues out there that need to be fixed instead of us worrying about whether Jamal can marry Tashika, thoughts misc brahs?

Originally Posted by w00tasaurus View Post
    It's such an important issue because you can replace "gays" with any other minority and then check out how it sounds:

A lot of people are obsessed with black rights, I can understand if an African-American is fighting for black rights, but why are liberals so obsessed with it? Blacks are probably not even 13% of the population yet it is constantly a major issue that is brought up, there are bigger issues out there that need to be fixed instead of us worrying about whether Jamal can marry Tashika, thoughts misc brahs?

The rights of others are the rights of us all.

–Henry Rollins

Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it is only important b/c of this

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by w00tasaurus View Post

I fully oppose Jamal marrying Tashika.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Originally Posted by Tekkendo View Post
    it is only important b/c of this

Nobody is forcing us to talk about those topics.

–Henry Rollins

Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is gay marriage even a topic in European countries?

kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kate00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    Is gay marriage even a topic in European countries?
    There are religious right-wingers in European countries as well

"If fascism comes it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts."

Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kate00 View Post
    There are religious right-wingers in European countries as well
    Don't the right-wingers in those countries focus more on immigration, and the economy though?

Reg. Gravity Offender anonymousceleb's Avatar
    anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There was more of a rationale for people to oppose interracial marriage back in the day as well as more of a reason for the government to ignore them. Not that I'm saying interracial marriage is a bad thing.

It effects people who aren't deliberately involved in it. A homosexual is essentially off the market so denying him or her marriage to OTHER homosexuals is not impacting on who heterosexuals marry or who they're involved with in general. It's one demographic marrying within itself. Thus, if I want to marry a black woman, that is more likely to offend people in and of itself than if I were a homosexual and wanted to marry another man. Those people would already be offended by my homosexuality and there's no reason for them to be even more upset if I was also married to another man. It's just a bunch of misdirected hatred for homosexuals sublimated into something that's a moot point.
    America spoke and it chose 16 years of Bush.

Methodological Naturalism tk217's Avatar
    tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basic civil liberties issue.

Why is white people voting such a big issue?

Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    Don't the right-wingers in those countries focus more on immigration, and the economy though?
    Don't worry, they leave enough room to hate gays as well.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EuropeanHammer View Post
    A lot of people are obsessed with gay rights, I can understand if a homosexual is fighting for gay rights, but why are liberals so obsessed with it? Gays are probably not even 1% of the population yet it is constantly a major issue that is brought up, there are bigger issues out there that need to be fixed instead of us worrying about whether Adam can marry Steve, thoughts misc brahs?
    Using that logic, blacks would never have gotten their rights.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000) pointbreaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why is marriage considered to be any of the law's business in the first place? Because the state asserts an interest in the outcomes of certain unions, separate from and independent of the interests of the parties themselves. In the absence of the institution of marriage, the individuals could arrange their relationship whatever way they wanted to, making it temporary or permanent, and sharing their worldly belongings in whatever way they chose.

Marriage means that the government steps in, limiting or even prescribing various aspects of their relations with each other -- and still more their relationship with whatever children may result from their union. In other words, marriage imposes legal restrictions, taking away rights that individuals might otherwise have. Yet "gay marriage" advocates depict marriage as an expansion of rights to which they are entitled. They argue against a "ban on gay marriage" but marriage has for centuries meant a union of a man and a woman. There is no gay marriage to ban.

Analogies with bans against interracial marriage are bogus. Race is not part of the definition of marriage. A ban on interracial marriage is a ban on the same actions otherwise permitted because of the race of the particular people involved. It is a discrimination against people, not actions.

The issue is not individual rights. What the activists are seeking is official social approval of their lifestyle. But this is the antithesis of equal rights. If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values. You cannot say that what "consenting adults" do in private is nobody else's business and then turn around and say that others are bound to put their seal of approval on it.

There is no reason why all those laws should be transferred willy-nilly to a different union, one with no inherent tendency to produce children nor the inherent asymmetries of relationships between people of different sexes.

Despite attempts to evade these asymmetries with such fashionable phrases as "a pregnant couple" or references to "spouses" rather than husbands and wives, these asymmetries take many forms and have many repercussions, which laws attempt to deal with on the basis of experience, rather than theories or rhetoric.

Originally Posted by pointbreaker View Post
    Analogies with bans against interracial marriage are bogus. Race is not part of the definition of marriage. A ban on interracial marriage is a ban on the same actions otherwise permitted because of the race of the particular people involved. It is a discrimination against people, not actions.
    It used to be, until they changed it and removed the racial discrimination from the laws to allow for interracial marriage.