Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gym pet-peeves

StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KingOfLimbs View Post
    To be fair, other then her trying to sound like a badass here, a lot of those points would piss me off too... except for the shoe thing, do you walk around the entire gym with no shoes/socks?
    Trying to sound like a badass lol. You guys really intimidate that easily?

To answer your question, I only removed my shoes for deadlifting. What gave you the idea that I had no socks on is beyond me. Besides, I wear vibrams now anyway
    Some dude at the gym: Hey Squats, how's it goin?
    Me: I'd prefer if you called me Deadlift...

KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by StrongJenna View Post
    Trying to sound like a badass lol. You guys really intimidate that easily?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What gave you the idea that I had no socks on is beyond me.
    I'd say he has a foot fetish.

Srs reply: a few have done that on the floor, even thought the rules state that you can't walk around barefoot while on the floor.

StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StrongJenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd rather be a "badass" than some insecure internet troll. These lame attacks (calling me a man? lol) show much more about you guys than anything
    Some dude at the gym: Hey Squats, how's it goin?
    Me: I'd prefer if you called me Deadlift...

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd rather be a "badass" than some insecure internet troll. These lame attacks (calling me a man? lol) show much more about you guys than anything

KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't have any known history on this site for being an internet troll. I go out of my way to help others and sometimes ask a question or two myself.

You seem to have a massive amount of insecurities that are really showing by the way you post, keep it positive and stop lashing out at others for no reason and you might go far. If you keep acting the way you are I don't think you are going to get the help you are asking for and might end up getting put in your place a few times as well. Almost everyone that posts here regularly is here to help but you won't be getting it unless you relax a bit and stop being so defensive. Good luck.

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When people complain that it is too cold, typically it's older people. Unless it's literally freezing, it's not too cold. Even if it's 40 degrees, you should still be warm from working out. If you're cold while working out you aren't doing it right.
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

smack4ud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When people use the bench press bench for abs or other exercises w/o even doing an actual bench press as part of their circuit. Seriously, just use the friggin floor!

People who flaunt all their stupid tattoos... Exercise is for those who want to improve their body from the inside out, not for you losers who try to do it from the outside!

bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    3 things i cant stand in the gym is when someone stays on the same thing for thing for a full hour long workout , my gyms only small and only has 1 smith machine and no squat rack so when someone is doing countless sets of bench press on the smiths for an hour or so it gets annoying , and when people get out 4 or 5 sets of dumbells and surround the bench with them , do there workout then leave them lying all over the floor , and also when people do stuff like put 20kg weight over the top of a 5kg or 10kg weight on the plate racks

bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bacon90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by smack4ud View Post
    People who flaunt all their stupid tattoos... Exercise is for those who want to improve their body from the inside out, not for you losers who try to do it from the outside!
    does this mean people with tattoos shouldnt be aloud in the gym ? , im covered in tattoos i dont show them off or anything but i do wear a vest , i got my tattoos because i like them not to impress anyone or improve my body

Originally Posted by bacon90 View Post
    does this mean people with tattoos shouldnt be aloud in the gym ? , im covered in tattoos i dont show them off or anything but i do wear a vest , i got my tattoos because i like them not to impress anyone or improve my body
    It's just distracting to people who think of their bodies as temples. It's probably just me, but I like to do my renovations on the inside rather than graffiti-ing up the outside.

Originally Posted by smack4ud View Post
    It's just distracting to people who think of their bodies as temples. It's probably just me, but I like to do my renovations on the inside rather than graffiti-ing up the outside.
    suppose its just personal opinion , i must admit certain people with tats can get on my nervs like the 1s who have a tribal on there arm so constantly tense that arm when people are around them , also hate those people who are scrawny but because they can run for an hour non stop think they can advise you on lifting , or the guys who think its acceptable to do the pec-dance every time they speak to someone

JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This thread is fast degenerating.
    Aesthetic Nutsack Crew
    Plays with balls as I MISC Crew
    No underwear Crew
    Raw dog Crew

CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=smack4ud;967734363]It's just distracting to people who think of their bodies as temples. It's probably just me, but I like to do my renovations on the inside rather than graffiti-ing up the outside.

What a ridiculous and ignorant thing to say. I also have tattoos and damn sure I'm not gonna cover em up so as not to distract tall poppys like you. If you spent more time concentrating on your own "temple" then you wouldn't notice the "graffiti."
    I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Definitely #1 is when people don't take the plates off when they're done. People notoriously leave the 45's on the bars as if nobody should be using less than 135 lbs. Even some of the strongest people in the world warm up with weights under 135 lbs. Lots of people start their warmup with just the bar. And yes, believe it or not folks, there are people in the gym that aren't strong enough to be using 135 lbs. Those same people probably have a much harder time moving the 45 lb plates around too. Laziness, pure and simple.
    I used to get annoyed when people are using hideous form and doing routines that make zero sense, but I've learned not to let that distract me.

OH and there's also this chick who does Zumba or whatever the f@#!# you call it in the weight room when we have a designated room for that kind of stuff.

THIS! ! ! ! You dudes LOAD up the leg press with 45's sometimes 9-12 on each side and then LEAVE! ! ! So 1/2 my workout is just unloading the leg press...not cool!
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chill.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickybobbyucf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re:

How about the people that will grab some dumbbells and take the only flat bench, but then sit there and BS with their buddy for 15 minutes without lifting a thing.
    (Start) July 2011 - 244 lbs/30% BF
    (Current) May 2013 - 174 lbs/12.4% BF
    (Goal) July 2013 - 160-165 lbs/8-9% BF

Bench/Squat/Deadlift (Start/Current/Goal by end of year)
    B: 145/245/285
    S: 165/265/325
    D: 185/275/345

Getting so close to my goal, it's been a long journey.

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol @ not liking grunting and dropping weights. You guys must not like babyslayer:

“Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't really care about any of this stuff, but just for fun....

* When people use the bench press bench for something other than benching. Like the other day I saw a guy doing leg lifts on the bench when other people were waiting to actually bench press.

* Gym chatters. On the same day the above dude was doing leg lifts on the bench, another 2 guys were on the bench next to him. They must have talked for like 30 minutes, tying up the bench, while only doing like 3 sets of actual benching.

* When people sit and rest on a machine between sets for a long period of time vs letting others work in.

* Naked old guys in the locker room. This must be a generation gap type thing. I dont mean just taking a shower/getting changed, but walking around and talking completely naked for long period of time.

* The girls that do up their hair and wear a ton of make up to work out. No so as much as a pet peeve, just amusing.

* This one isn't a gym pet peeve, but is work out related. On organized runs (marathons, 10ks etc) you get put into starting waves by ability so it runs smoothly. A lot of people want to run with their friend or just start up front so they lie about their time. This put a bunch of slow (and sometimes fat) people up front, holding up the faster runners who are qualified to be up front. Its really frustrating when you set a goal time and train hard to reach it, then you're stuck behind a fat people at race time.
    Last edited by KeystoneRunner; 10-22-2012 at 06:49 AM.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This entire thread is a pet peeve.
    Hookey Pookey crew

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd have to say my recent pet peeve are people who hog racks and machine that lasts my entire workout, and on top of that, they don't offer or let you work in. I understand that whatever workout program you're running may require you to do multiple exercises on the same rack or machine, but ****, be mindful of other people's workout, too. I remember one time there were two guys hogging the pulldown machine. They spent the entire hour doing wide-grip pulldowns, close-grip palms facing your face pulldowns, behind-the-neck, and then close grip pulldowns. All this x 2.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

To all the *******s complaining about people who "hog" machines, squat racks, benches, etc, do you actually ask that person to let you work in, or do you just stand there staring at them like a lost puppy?
    Hookey Pookey crew

BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BLA5PHEMY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My biggest pet peeve is the people who will hog equipment while they talk on their phone or bs with their friends. Then they tell you they only have a couple sets left when you ask to work in only to go back to yapping away.

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
    To all the *******s complaining about people who "hog" machines, squat racks, benches, etc, do you actually ask that person to let you work in, or do you just stand there staring at them like a lost puppy?
    For the rack, I always ask how many sets they have left. If it's 1-2 sets remaining, I'll wait it out. 3+, I'll ask to work in if we're doing the same exercise.

For machines, I simply ask to work in since there's hardly any effort involved with setting up those machines.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Yodums View Post
    For the rack, I always ask how many sets they have left. If it's 1-2 sets remaining, I'll wait it out. 3+, I'll ask to work in if we're doing the same exercise.

For machines, I simply ask to work in since there's hardly any effort involved with setting up those machines.
    9 times out of 10, I've found that people are much more conciliatory than I expected, sometimes even surprised when they respond by deciding to call it quits on that exercise. There's plenty other exercises they can go and do in their allotted time.

Very rarely has anybody responded in a confrontational manner.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    Very rarely has anybody responded in a confrontational manner.
    No one has ever been rude to me. Once I was squatting using the parallel bars to load the barbell and this tall, lanky bro wanted to squat too. He asked me how many sets I had remaining and I replied with 'I just got started. You can work in with me if you want'. He then said it was alright and went over to the leg extension machine and started his leg workout. He squatted after doing leg curls and extensions.

Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KeystoneRunner View Post

* Naked old guys in the locker room. This must be a generation gap type thing. I dont mean just taking a shower/getting changed, but walking around and talking completely naked for long period of time.
    Lol. One time there was an old guy in the locker room shaving naked. At least put a towel on

Also hate curls in the squat rack. My gym only has 2 racks so usually one is being used and it really makes me mad when i'm all psyched up for legs and some dude is doing his curls.

Also the guy who is trying to squat 225 and only gets 1/4 ROM for a few reps.
    snapchat:bach225
    U.S. Army 13F
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★
    +Ohio til I die crew+

419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 419superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just thought of one, that I have never heard of ever. And it pisses me off like no other.

I have a buddy, more of an acquaintance who has been lifting for a good 3 to 4 years. We lift together on leg day. And I have another friend who is new to lifting. So obviously the newer friend is a noob, and he loves supplements. And he buys into all of the marketing fluff. I keep trying to tell him about nutrition, but he's pretty set on supplements for now. Well the more educated lifter acts like the noob is the dumbest person who ever lived. Telling him how stupid he is for buying supplements, and acting like that's such an idiotic idea. I agree, I don't see a point in anything other than protein and createine, but still...

I have seen this on more than once occasion, with novice and experienced lifters. People act like they were born knowing everything about lifting, and no one taught them anything.

Every person that I have ever known to lift a weight, bought into the supplement hype at least for a moment time. And this guy who claims to be a lifting guru, was once buying every kind of beta-al, test booster, glutamine, and deer antler velvet.

I guess I don't see a point in ridiculing others, when you did the exact same thing.
    Current Stats:

Bench Max 255 x 5
    Squat 255 x 10
    Straight Bar Curl 120 x 10
    Leg Press 500 x 10
    T-Bar Row, 3 plates + 25 x 10. Almost 4 full plates ;]

Registered User TexasHeadHunter's Avatar
    TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Curls in the squat rack is my only real pet peeve. Especially since there's only 2 at my gym and usually both are being used
    SW: 280lbs SBF: 40+%
    CW: 194lbs CBF: 12%

93KG USAPL Raw Powerlifter
    Arlington Raw Strength Classic 3/4/17
    Sq: 352 | B: 286 | DL: 462

Next Meet: TBD