Thread: Frustrated!

flauwer11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Frustrated!

27 years old, weigh 175 lbs, 6 feet tall. Goal is to lose around 35-40 lbs.

I was on a really restricted diet of 1500 calories for about a year and was unable to lose weight.

About four months ago, I started training and soon realized that 1500 cals wasn't enough to get me through the day and the scale wouldn't budge. At the time I weighed 173 lbs. About one month ago, I started eating 1900 calories/day and since I've gained 2 lbs. I feel a lot better, but I'm so frustrated with my stall!

I train hard 4 days a week. I lift heavy every day for about 45 min, walk at 3 mph for 20 min on leg day, and do HIIT on the elliptical 3 days a week for 20 min. On off days, I try to do some sort of activity, usually talking my dogs on a long walk.

Needless to say, I'm looking for some advice. Am I gaining a bit of weight because of the sudden jump in calories and things will even out eventually? Should I eat less? Help!

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1500 calories a day isn't extremely restrictive, and the 2 pound initial gain is only retention due to a slight increase in calories.

How are you counting/ tracking? Counting calories? Macros? What are they set at (intake levels)?

If you are not losing weight, you are not in a deficit (i.e. consuming too much /too inactive).

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by flauwer11 View Post
    I was on a really restricted diet of 1500 calories for about a year and was unable to lose weight.
    one year?!? I agree with Chaos. Something is off, way off in your tracking. Taking a look at his questions. That's where your answer will be.

flauwer11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use myfitnesspal to keep track of caloric intake. I am very careful about including everything that I eat. I try to get at least 130g of carbs and 130g protein, the rest of my calories come from healthy fats like walnuts, salmon and avocado.

All methods I've used to find my BMR come up with numbers between 1500-1600. What am I doing wrong?

As far as retention goes (the 2 lbs) will my body adjust and let it go?

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    While scale weight is important, you are fixating on scale weight. You are better off understanding the eb and flow of water retention. Focusing on reducing retention will take you away from what you need to do, focus on fat loss. When using calculators, realize these are only a starting point. They don't take into account the individuals, and must be adjusted to meet goals.

You are most likely not counting everything or inaccurately. Everything that goes into your mouth must be counted. If you are not losing weight, reduce intake by 100 calorie a day form a few weeks and see what that does.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just another thought - you say you log everything onto My Fitness Pal, which is great, but are you weighing and measuring everything? You might THINK you're eating 1500 calories, but if you're just eyeballing things and putting them in the tracker, you are eating more in reality, if that makes sense.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE