Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

davo26 - kelei workout

hi

been doing this for about a month now, so about time i kept a log and also get specific advice to improve the workout from time to time.

im 48, been lifting for between 2 and 3 yrs, but just regular routines with no set goals, so as expected, got nowhere so far except a bigger belly as ive tried to bulk. my pics are in my profile as to where i am now. keleis seen them and said i need to cut, which is pretty obvious really as my waist is getting too big. ive got skinny arms and legs which is sort of why ive just kept eating so far, to try and get more meat on them before cutting, but kelei advises cutting now, and who am i to argue :-)

so....... here goes. ive substituted a few exercises as i dont have the equipment, but ive asked on keleis thread about good alternatives and bench angles etc, so im about where i want to be. only slight problem is i use 2 or 3 different gyms (home made gym in garage, and different work gyms depending on where im working that day.

im doing 40 reps as that seems a good middle ground. dont feel up to doing 50 right now because of time constraints and just want to get used to it first. my plan is to log each days workout with thoughts on what ive done and welcome input as to how to better it. the home gym ive got set up now to be able to do each exercise, the work gyms are lacking some, so i may have to drop the odd exercis there, but ill list that as and when. i plan on doing D1, D2, D3 rotating each day, and just having a day off as and when time and family constraints dictate.

ill start by listing the exercises i do and my starting weights aiming at 10RM. i wont do all the 10, 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, etcs as my 30 secs wont be exact each day anyway, but im aiming for 30 secs break.

D1

pull ups (i do these first as im weaker at them so aim to build the reps up) 3 bodyweight reps. 3X5= 15 total reps

chin ups 8 reps so 40 total

rear delt fly - really weak at these so using lightest weights i have, 3.5kg X10, 40 reps

supported row - 14X10, 40

no preacher, so incline db curl - 12X10, 40

also added upright rows at end of day - 29X12 so upped to 31kg next time.

D2

like i said, my arms are weak, so im doing the triceps before chest, just so theyre not tired before i get onto them. no cables etc, so substitute exercises.

weighted dips - bw +20kgX 10, 40 max

skullcrushers using tricep bar, bench at 60 degrees - 30X10, 40 max

flat bench - 65X10, 40 max

incline bench, around 25 degrees i think - 50X11, 40 max

lat raise - ego out the window here, whereas before ive been swinging them up, ive gone light to get form right. 5X12, 40 max

added shrugs to routine for traps - not sure what weight suits here. i yoyo between 60 and 70kg barbell shrugs, each time wondering whether ive got full ROM.

D3

RDL- started at 60kg but ramped up quite quickly as just a guesstimate. 80kgX10, 40 max is where i seem to be now

front squat - really struggled with holding it, so gone light to start and get used to it. im using crossed arms now. 50kg X12, 40 max

ham curl - 25kg X10, 40 max

leg curl - 45kg X12, 40 max

standing calf raise - really struggled with euipment and each day im experimenting with bits of wood to get right height for my stand. im doing them with bb in front of me same as a bb shrug. 80kg X15, 60 max

seated calf raise - same issues - 80kg X20, 80 max

thats where i started and have seen good gains so far. today i did D2

weighted dips - bw +29kg X12, raised to 30kg to finish 40 reps

skulls - 34 X10, 41 reps

flat bench - 70kg X11 (been stuck on X10 for ages so pleased to sneak another rep)

incline bench - 56kg X10 (been stuck on X8 with this, so again, good to see improvement) my bench only has 0 or 30 degrees, nothing in between so i stuck some wood under the legs to lower the angle a bit.

lat raise - 6kg X11, nice and slow.

no time for shrugs today.

thanks for taking the time to look at this. any advice gratefully received. the next few days im at the worst gym, so ill see how that goes.

cheers

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do triceps afterwards

I know what you mean about arms being weak but they'll catch up, believe me.

When I started the routine I had to go super light on incline after flat because my chest/front delts couldn't take it and they'd fail on me but after 2-3 weeks they caught up and I'm able to do them after each other with no problems.

looks good though just keep at it

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    a right mishmash of a day really. had to try and cram a workout into an hour including eating and showering, and in the rubbish gym, so obviously it just didnt happen.

no legs equipment at all, so thought id do D2 again as better than nothing. started great with pull ups, got 7 in!! so did 35 total.

chins 9, 40 in total

rear delt fly - didnt have right weight, so dropped down to 3kg db's, X12, 40 total

end of session :-(

this was dinner, so when i got home i had 45 mins spare at teatime so went in my garage. conscious that i hadnt done legs for a while so did what i could there.

RDL - 84kgX10

front squats - 64kgX 9, 40 max

ham curl - 25kg X11 40 max

leg curl - 62kg X 10, 40 max

no time for calves.

so.........there you go, 2 shortened workouts. not ideal. wont get chance for one tomorrow, so dont know what ill do the day after. luckily this job is a months temp, after that i should be able to do better workouts again, but im still not happy about snatching bits of workout here and there :-(

do triceps afterwards
    you reckon? i really want to push my arms the best i can......

thanks

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed.

Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    Subbed.
    thanks kelei

whats your view on my triceps/chest order? youve seen the pics, you know ive got skinny arms in relation to the rest of my body, what would you do?

also, is there any advice you can give on my 'shoddy gym' situation? i spose im about ready for a deload, and id maybe have time for deload sessions every other day or so, but im gonna be in this situation for A MONTH!! i want to keep progressing, and think ill go downhill if it stalls.
    btw, you advised cutting, ive lost a few lbs in a week or so and dont feel like ive lost any strength. thanks a lot, i just need to keep this thing rolling along :-)

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by davo26 View Post
    thanks kelei

whats your view on my triceps/chest order? youve seen the pics, you know ive got skinny arms in relation to the rest of my body, what would you do?

also, is there any advice you can give on my 'shoddy gym' situation? i spose im about ready for a deload, and id maybe have time for deload sessions every other day or so, but im gonna be in this situation for A MONTH!! i want to keep progressing, and think ill go downhill if it stalls.
    btw, you advised cutting, ive lost a few lbs in a week or so and dont feel like ive lost any strength. thanks a lot, i just need to keep this thing rolling along :-)
    You should train chest before triceps. If you're going to be stuck witout a gym for a month you should try to perform a single set full body routine like Jooceman is doing and perform it as often as you can. once your schedule clears up you can switch back to the standard routine.

You should train chest before triceps. If you're going to be stuck witout a gym for a month you should try to perform a single set full body routine like Jooceman is doing and perform it as often as you can. once your schedule clears up you can switch back to the standard routine.
    think the problem with the full body routine is that the rubbish gym at work hasnt got enough equipment to do a set of each exercise. no legs extensions on the bench, no squat rack etc. so i just got to do most of D1 or D2 when im there. legs will have to suffer a bit and just get done at weekend for a few weeks.

i followed your advice and trained chest before tris today and did D1 again. id be interested to hear your thoughts........

flat bench 75kg X10 (up from 70 X11 after tris), 40 reps

incline bench 65 X9 (up from 56X 10 after tris) 40 reps. this is a bit false tho as the bench was able to be set at around the optimum angle 10 or 15 degrees, mines 25 to 30 at home)

weighted dips (usually 30kg X10 first exercise). this was a shocker for me. started at +25kg and i could only do 6!!! got to 14 and had to drop further to +20, 40 reps :'-(

skullcrushers (was on 34kg before chest) this time 29kg X7, 40 reps

lat raise - im on 6kg db's usually but gym didnt have the right plates so had to drop to 5kg and obviously hit 40 reps quite easily.

so..........im disappointed with tricep performance. do you still advocate me doing them after chest, if my arms are lagging?

thanks a lot
    Last edited by davo26; 10-17-2012 at 11:21 AM.

think the problem with the full body routine is that the rubbish gym hasnt got enough equipment to do a set of each exercise. no legs extensions on the bench, no squat rack etc. so i just got to do most of D1 or D2 when im there. legs will have to suffer a bit and just get done at weekend for a few weeks.

i followed your advice and trained chest before tris today and did D1 again. id be interested to hear your thoughts........

flat bench 75kg X10 (up from 70 X11 after tris), 40 reps

incline bench 65 X9 (up from 56X 10 after tris) 40 reps. this is a bit false tho as the bench was able to be set at around the optimum angle 10 or 15 degrees, mines 25 to 30 at home)

weighted dips (usually 30kg X10 first exercise). this was a shocker for me. started at +25kg and i could only do 6!!! got to 14 and had to drop further to +20, 40 reps :'-(

skullcrushers (was on 34kg before chest) this time 29kg X7, 40 reps

lat raise - im on 6kg db's usually but gym didnt have the right plates so had to drop to 5kg and obviously hit 40 reps quite easily.

so..........im disappointed with tricep performance. do you still advocate me doing them after chest, if my arms are lagging?

thanks a lot
    There's nothing to be concerned about, don't get too caught up on the actual weight/reps you manage to perform, the most important thing is to force your muscles to output a high degree of effort. Even though your triceps aren't producing as much actual force (because they're pre-fatigued from your chest work) they're still working very hard, remember that effort is the most important thing when it comes to strength increases, as long as you're demanding a lot of effort from your triceps that's all that matters.

Your arms are lagging because you've been neglecting them in the past, give the routine time to work its magic and your arms will catch up.

There's nothing to be concerned about, don't get too caught up on the actual weight/reps you manage to perform, the most important thing is to force your muscles to output a high degree of effort. Even though your triceps aren't producing as much actual force (because they're pre-fatigued from your chest work) they're still working very hard, remember that effort is the most important thing when it comes to strength increases, as long as you're demanding a lot of effort from your triceps that's all that matters.

Your arms are lagging because you've been neglecting them in the past, give the routine time to work its magic and your arms will catch up.
    they were certainly working hard today kelei, i was so determined not to lose too much weight from my belt my eyes were nearly popping out as i strained like f**k to do them :-D

im certainly going to trust you on this one and keep chest first then. thanks a lot. id give you more reps but it says i have to spread some around first :-)

cheers

managed a sneaky D3 legs workout at home today :-D

RDL - 86kg X12, 40 reps (up 2kg, and as i got 12 reps i upped the rest of w/o to 88kg, ill start on that weight next time) my legs shake while im doing this. i keep my head and chest up to isolate them, but i shake like a sh*tting dog. this normal?

front squat - 66kg X 10 (up from X9) 40 reps

ham curl - 25kg X 13 (up from X11, will start on 27kg next) 40 reps

leg curl - 62kg X10 (from 60 X12) 40 reps

standing calf - 80kg X 17, 60 reps. will try 84 next. concocted my own stand for performing these on and this is the first time ive been able to measure accurately

seated calf - 108 X18, 80 reps. from 104 X22. will stay that weight next time. still struggling a bit with heights for rolling the bar onto my knees.

im relatively pleased so far as im trying to cut weight, and my lifts dont see to be suffering yet.

this normal?
    Yeah.

got a fair bit on today, so did an early morning D2 session

pull-ups - 6 down from 7, but still did 35 total for volume. wasnt feeling strong this early.

chins - 9, down from 10, 40 total

rear delt fly. did as kelei suggested and did them knelt on bench, one arm at a time. interesting. weights felt too light so upped the db from 3.5 to 5kg. still dont think im supple enough to get that 'squeeze' at the full extension, but this way seemed to work my shoulders more than the other. i say 'interesting' as id have thought this way encourages a bit of swing in the body which is baaad, but i tried to hold form. ill keep doing it this way for now i think, just cos it 'felt like' it worked me a bit more.
    oh, and 5kg X 10, 40 reps. i just kept going from one arm to the other without stopping, although i had to make sure i did same reps each side otherwise id have lost count :-D

supported row - 24kg db's X10, same as last time, 40 reps

incline curls - 15kg db's X10 same as last time, 40 reps

as i said before, didnt feel it today really, maybe i was just trying to squeeze it in time-wise and wasnt focussed. im thinking ill maybe do a D1 tomorrow, first time at home doing chest first, get my stats sorted, then do a week of deloading, one set of 10 for each exercise.

cheers

D1 at my house gym, chest before triceps. all 40 reps or more. first one at home so using these stats for future reference.

flat bench - 76kg X 10

incline bench, 15 degree incline - tried 64kg but could only do 7, so dropped to 62 for rest of session. will start there next time.

dips - b/w + 20kg X 12. upped it to 22 for rest of session and will start there next time.

skullcrushers, 55 degree incline bench, triceps bar so hammer grip - 30kg X9

lat raise - 6kg d/b's X 12, upped to 6.5kg for remainder.

added in some shrugs. not entirely sure on form, so starting lighter than i can manage to ensure full ROM - 70kg X12, will up it slightly next time.

cheers

Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should post some pictures in your log. I think seeing the effects of this routine and watching how your physique progresses will be a lot more interesting because of your age.

Originally Posted by Jooceman View Post
    You should post some pictures in your log. I think seeing the effects of this routine and watching how your physique progresses will be a lot more interesting because of your age.
    thanks mate. did you know ive got some recent pics in my profile? or do you mean chuck them in this thread too? have you seen them? not much of a six pack going on at the moment eh? :-D

cheers

Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jooceman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks mate. did you know ive got some recent pics in my profile? or do you mean chuck them in this thread too? have you seen them? not much of a six pack going on at the moment eh? :-D

cheers
    Well you might surprise yourself with what you can do in the next few months.

not much of a six pack going on at the moment eh? :-D
    Stop eating so much food lol, reduce your calories so that you start losing weight and keep training hard and before you know it the fat will be gone.

Stop eating so much food lol, reduce your calories so that you start losing weight and keep training hard and before you know it the fat will be gone.
    thats exactly what im doing now after you advised me to start cutting :-)

i ate that much to bulk up into a big massive bodybuilder, but ended up looking like a wok smuggler :-D

lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    subbed.

A few thoughts. Like Kelei said don't get stuck on your numbers, but be worried about getting the most out of your muscles each exercise. Also, don't get hung up on 30 seconds of rest. Different muscles need different amounts of time to rest. For instance on back day I usually only wait 10-15 seconds for the next set, anymore time than that and it's too much rest, but on chest day I rest about 20 seconds. So rest long enough to get that 3 reps out. The rest is to give you enough time to pump out a few reps as a continuation of the set. It isn't a short rest for a new set.

Your numbers look good. Also your arm strength will increase as your chest and back get stronger. Do the major muscle groups first then the secondary.

Reduce those calories and get some good carbs in you. i eat crappy to, but I run 3-5 miles 3 times a week so it helps keep some of the weight off.

Jooceman has made some awesome progess with his kelei split so it would be a good first step to try and mimic his routine until you find out what works for you.
    My Kelei Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146942493

Originally Posted by lwevert View Post
    subbed.

A few thoughts. Like Kelei said don't get stuck on your numbers, but be worried about getting the most out of your muscles each exercise. Also, don't get hung up on 30 seconds of rest. Different muscles need different amounts of time to rest. For instance on back day I usually only wait 10-15 seconds for the next set, anymore time than that and it's too much rest, but on chest day I rest about 20 seconds. So rest long enough to get that 3 reps out. The rest is to give you enough time to pump out a few reps as a continuation of the set. It isn't a short rest for a new set.

Your numbers look good. Also your arm strength will increase as your chest and back get stronger. Do the major muscle groups first then the secondary.

Reduce those calories and get some good carbs in you. i eat crappy to, but I run 3-5 miles 3 times a week so it helps keep some of the weight off.

Jooceman has made some awesome progess with his kelei split so it would be a good first step to try and mimic his routine until you find out what works for you.
    appreciated mate, repped. good advice there, and i already do some of that. i dont keep a strict 30 secs, i just 'go again when it feels right for 3 reps'. nd yep, ill stick with major muscles first now. and yep, im trying to keep cals reduced, and doing a decent job so far i think. interesting that both you and kelei say keep carbs up, ive always been led to beleive high proteins the most important rather than carbs.

thanks

lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sub'd,good luck man.
    The limits of the body and mind are unknown to most people.

Originally Posted by lajoo View Post
    Sub'd,good luck man.

Deload week. dont know how many sessions ill get in, but i aim to make my week last for 2 lots of each session, which after my rest day yesterday should last 6 days. i seem to have got out of sync a bit with my days, but i dont think it matters too much, im starting with D2.

pull-ups - 7 bodyweight. rested around 20 secs and did another 3 to round off to 10.

chins - 9 bodyweight. rested few secs and did another 2.

reverse delt flys - single arm, knelt on bench - 5kg X12, will up it for next session to 5.5. seem to be able to do these far more easily knelt down than flat on the bench. dont know if thats a good think or not. more flexibility or am i cheating a little with a tiny swing, dunno.

supported row - dropped to 20kg db's X 10. disappointed that i couldnt hold at top for squeeze. i still got them up there but couldnt hold. rather than drop more weight i think ill stick at this weight til i can hold a squeeze at top for 12 reps.

incline curls, 45 degree bench, both arms at same time - 15kg db's X11

added in upright row - 31kg X11

i seem to be pretty much maintaining same weights, which i spose i should be happy with if im losing a few lbs, which i am slowly. need to start weighing myself same time every morning but on average the scales are saying ive lost around 4lbs since kelei advised cutting 2 or 3 weeks ago.

i seem to be pretty much maintaining same weights, which i spose i should be happy with if im losing a few lbs, which i am slowly. need to start weighing myself same time every morning but on average the scales are saying ive lost around 4lbs since kelei advised cutting 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    Nice work! Once you get down low enough you may even be able to end the cut and just recomp the rest of the way. Then you would be getting leaner but putting on muscle and upping your lifts at the same time.

Originally Posted by Jooceman View Post
    Nice work! Once you get down low enough you may even be able to end the cut and just recomp the rest of the way. Then you would be getting leaner but putting on muscle and upping your lifts at the same time.
    my arms and legs are already too skinny, always have been, so once i end the cut id be wanting to put lean weight back on rather than just recomp. whether i can do it or not is a different story :-D

im sort of expecting the cut to bottom out at around 12 stone or less, which for someone 5'10 is too thin i think.

deload day 2, aiming for 10 reps apart from calves

D3

RDL - 90kg X 12 - up 2kg - using straps for these as grip gives out. i figure leg developments more important than grip strength.

front squat - 66kg X 12 - 2 reps gained from last time, but hard to know if its due to less RDL reps

ham curl - 26kg X 15 - added 1kg and 2 reps from last time. again, could be due to less volume

leg curl - 62kg X 12 - up 2 reps

standing calf - 84 X 18 - up 4kg and 1 rep

seated calf - 110kg X 22 - up 2kg and 4 reps

so......gains all over there, but probably due to less work done previously. i wont be getting carried away :-)
    Last edited by davo26; 10-24-2012 at 12:47 PM.

deload day 3, aim for 1 set of 10.

D1

flat bench - 76 X 10, same as before

incline bench, 15 degrees - 62 X 8, one more rep than before

weighted dips - b/w +22kg X 11, up 2kg, 1 less rep than before

skullcrushers, hammer grip, tricep bar - 30 X 11, 2 more reps than before, probably due to less volume previously

lat raise - 6.5kg X 13, 2 more reps than before, same reason

added in bb shrugs - 70kg X 11, 1 less rep than before, form doesnt feel right tho.

should just mention too, these 3 deload sessions this week have been fasted. ive tried this before and got on ok with it so dipping my toes in the water again.

cheers

deload day 4

D2 again

pull ups - b/w - 8 reps, up from 7

chins - b/w -9 reps, same

rear delt flys - 5kg X 12, same as last time, forgot to up the weight slightly

supported rows - 20kg X 10, down from 11

incline curl, 45 degree bench - 15kg X10 same.

also think im gonna log my food for reference at a later date. pretty sure i was doing 2500+ cals, trying to average 2000 now to cut wobbly belly :-), its probably nearer 2100 for the last few weeks tho. very rough average 200c / 80f / 150p. been looking back and ive hit 2600 one day, 1700 a couple of days too, so its a very rough average.
    im sure ill forget some days, but itll be a rough idea to look back on, see how my weight goes. defo lost a few pounds in the last few weeks, and lifts arent nosediving, so relatively pleased. wedding tomorrow tho, lots of beer and food :-D

hmmmmm.....just thinking, wedding tomorrow, couple of days off work monday tuesday. really dont want to waste them by doing short deload sesions, so im thinking ill enjoy tomorrows wedding, recover sunday, then start back on the program monday and tuesday. 40 reps. yeeeeee ha :-)

week 5, back on normal w/o, 40 reps

flat chest - made a booboo. did 13 reps of 70kg, thought WOW, 3 extra reps??? just realised that since i do bench first, i upped it to 76kg >-( what a disappointment, thought id made progress, so wasted that exercise really :-/

incline bench - 62kg X 8 same as before. prob should drop weight a bit but gonna persevere, try for more reps. i do these more as CGBP with arms tucked in, and they shake a bit.

weighted dips - +22kg X 10, same

skullcrushers - 30kg X 11, 2 reps more than before deload

lat raise - 7kg X 11, up from 6.5kg.

had a bad weekend with wedding and chinese, too many cals consumed and dismayed to weigh myself today and seem to have made too little progress in dropping weight. must try harder :-( really annoyed with my bench mistake too.......

D2 - for 40 reps

pull-ups - 7 bodyweight - down from 8

chins - 10 bodyweight - up from 9.

bent over rear delt fly - 6kg X 11 - upped from 5.5

supported row - 21kg X 10 - same

incline curl - 16kg X 10 - same

upright row - 31kg X 11 - same

yesterday slightly less than 2000 cals, will aim for same today.

EDIT: doing these workouts fasted these days, quite like it that way.
    Last edited by davo26; 10-30-2012 at 06:19 AM.