Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question What the #1 thing you have ever done that really worked?

Out of everything you have done to get bigger, what made the biggest, most noticeable difference?

Examples: New supplement, new workout program, more rest, more milk, etc.

List with complete details! What is it exactly? What exactly did it do for you?

This will help a lot of people so everybody should answer!

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EATING MORE CALORIES PERIOD. This has made a big difference recently after I got everything sorted out.

IMHO I say that calories will make or break you more then any other aspect of bodybuilding.

fit
    "...the Self is a borderline concept, which I call a symbol because it expresses something we cannot express otherwise, because we simply don't understand it. The idea of the Self is really unknown ground. "Nietzsche's Zarathustra" p. 413-4

Original board member and moderator since 1999

Draco3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with that,just don't go over board you don't have to eat everything in sight try 500 more on top of maintainance and see what happens.Also be sure to get a good nights sleep this really helps providing your routine is solid.

JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I too grew the most when I ate the most, (is it possible to grew?)

But I moved the most weight twords the end of my last Prohormone cycle.

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Upping the calories!

adopting a HIT program!

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when I started to design my own programs.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Increasing my carbohydrate intake specifically made the biggest difference to me. I was plateauing for months, and once I increased my carbs, I started making consistent gains. I was mislead for a long time by bull**** magazines that suggest a high-protein, "moderate" carb diet for packing on lean muscle mass. I eat tons of carbs now, and I gained about 15 pounds in the last two months and almost no fat!

-T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best thing i have ever done....hmmm...thats a tought one:

i started lifting weights.

just by doing this simple thing...my muscles have gotten considerably bigger and stronger. That has helped me on various sports teams.

masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masswithclass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

I'd have to say cutting back on workout days, from 5 days a week to 3 days a week, my muscles are stronger every workout and PROGRESSIVE WEIGHT RESISTANCE is the only way to grow...

Another thing that worked for ME, cause I have/had an endomorphic bodytype i used to put on the flabby stuff quite quickly, so i dropped my carbs WAY down and upped my protein to over three times the normal amount, now i only put on lean pounds of muscle!!!

Also base your workout programs over the three main mass builders - Deadlifts,squats,bench press, for a natural bodybuilder these workouts will be priceless as they tend to release a lot of growth hormone due to the large amount of poundages pressing against the body.

Peace.
    A pump is like cuming - Arnold

the no1 geordie hunk bass generator's Avatar
    bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1 when i started eating helluva lot more
    2 when i dropped the arnie style training

AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the best thing i have ever done is read and learn more about bodybuilding and i have to say, this site has played a big part. I think that it should be everyone's goal, not only to follow routines and tips but understand them by heart to benefit from them the most.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

the number one thing i did was stop acting like i knew it all and took other peoples advice.. this was 2 years ago and it has helped.. so all i can say for those of you (mainly teens like me) who are on a high horse.. get off it and listen.. It will be the best thing you do.

illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I switched to only training a bodypart once per week. Also when i started to use high and low reps in my workout

BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000)
    When i started eating more and going to bed earlier. A lot more energy to train hard.

Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1. upping calories
    2. rest more (Sleep and cutting back work sets and upping intensity)
    3. experimenting what works 4 me, not someone else

JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have benefitted tremendously from adopting a once a week program for each bodypart. I used to never take days off, so I was seriously overtraining. I have seen growth since I started upping the calories and protein (thanks to a weightgainer) and getting plenty of rest.

Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Changing from a 5-day to a 3-day split! Lifting less but with more intensity, and eating more but less junkfood. Other than that, supplementing with a multi; b-complex; and ZMA. I would also recommend 1-2 prohormone cycles per year - I've done two this year with excellent results!!!
    "Feelin' Good Is Good Enough!"

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I cut back my training to 3 days a week I noticed a considerable change within weeks. Overtraining is detremental and non productive.
    MsFit

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    1) When I ate a lot of protein cut down a lot of fat and kept the carbs where they should be mabye a little less.
    2) Eating a good 30-50 grams of protein every 2-3 hours
    3) Pyramiding with heavy weights in the end for a nice 8 reps and not giving a dam about being sore from it till the next day
    4) Creatine HPLC PUre MOnohydrate
    5) LEan Body low carb and myoplex
    6) This made me gain 23lbs in the last 2 months very little was fat most of it was muscle
    7) Measurements were a big difference like I never expected or seen before
    8) Can't wait to see what the difference will be from this past September till next September with weight and measurements
    Thats about it
    Muscles

I'd have to say that i have benefitted the most from switching training 3-4 days a week to 6 days a week and doing higher volume. Hit style routines work decent for me but ive come to find out that I can train 6 days a week 1-3 hours a day and grow alot quicker. The key is all in a proper diet. I never eat below 4000 cals a day even when cutting. I consume as much as 7k cals and 600g protein a day when bulking. Food is the most anabolic substance you can put in your body and knowing what to eat, how much and what time to eat it is essential for anyone wanting to pack on slabs of mass. Rest and recovery cannot be neglected either.

SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For me over the past 2 years:

Really concentrated on working the legs. Seemed like it stimulated and over-all growth around my whole body.

Upped my protein intake... Unbelievable, the results. 5lbs on each lift just in one week.

I have cycled between the 5 day one body part a day routine, to the 4 day split every 8 weeks... I never let my body become accustomed to one work-out...

Increased my cardio b/c I found myself getting really tired and weezy during my cutting routines.... "you know the feeling"

I fell in love w/ cables, and have repeatedly tried to steal some of the machines from the gym. I have been caught everytime.... I found these cable exercises as good "cutters" but also found myself getting stronger on my free-weights after doing a good 6-8 weeks of some cable training.. Just my thoughts

MOST IMPORTANTLY: I have taken advice from a lot of the posts that I have read on BB.com's Message Board!!!! especially: BC,st8,MsFit,Fit4Life, and yes even the sarcastic Paul.. thanks guys!

§yn-

WILLPOWER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Avoiding overtraining and eating more food!! Also varying my workouts with weight and reps from workout to workout.

jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't overstress the importance of keeping a food log. It's good to say eat more or eat less, but if you don't know how much more or less is then it will do you no good. Once you find out how many calories work for YOU (bulking and cutting) you'll be amazed at how quickly and consistantly you can add or drop weight. Good luck, Jay

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For me, the best thing I ever learned to do and adopted is to sleep enough.

Along with drinking plenty of water and eating enough good calories, getting enough sleep has got to rank up there among the most important things. My friend says he only needs 4-5 hours a night; and believe me, I used to think that too. I might only NEED that much, but my muscles, energy levels, etc. have benefited greatly from increasing that to 8-9 hours per night.

William

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    4-5 hours doesnt sound like a lot of sleep
    Muscles

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not. That's why I shoot for 9 hours.

William

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: What the #1 thing you have ever done that really worked?

Originally posted by admin
    Out of everything you have done to get bigger, what made the biggest, most noticeable difference?

Examples: New supplement, new workout program, more rest, more milk, etc.

List with complete details! What is it exactly? What exactly did it do for you?

This will help a lot of people so everybody should answer!
    starting squats

and starting shrugs...

Originally posted by William
    It's not. That's why I shoot for 9 hours.

William
    Thats good to hear
    Muscles

Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Definatley learning how my body reacts to different training methods and nutrition and finding the best suitable sytem for myself.This is best done by keeping a training and diet log on a consistent basis and analysing which methods are more or less effective for my body. Too many people like to follow the routines and diets from mags like Flex, not realising that every individual is unique and reacts differently.

"not realising that every individual is unique and reacts differently." Mr Lean.

Good point you got there
    Muscles