Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Ok gals and guys. Here are some recent vids of mine... would love your feedback! I took the squat one today because I was getting frustrated that I was stuck on 40kg for ages. I then, of course, managed to add 5kg. I haven't gone above 70kg on my deadlift.

there is no way this is your max like Penny said it's mental ....

ok you squat with an high bar but your angles are a bit off ,
    first of all get rid of the pad it puts the bar in a bad place and adds geometric disadvantage, I know it's minimal but it makes a huge difference.

So..... try and not look up like you do, look down in front of you and keep your elbows up (back) and lock that bar on your back , look at your poor wrists they should be straight in line with your forearms, squeeze your shoulder blades together

the pad prevents you from doing that properly.. this combination of looking up and moving your elbows under the bar makes it harder for you to maintain a good leverage and have a good hip drive.

The look down thing.... let me explain just use a neutral position like if you where standing in a relaxed manner , now when you squat instead of compensating the forward lean by looking up just let the head follow your torso as it leans forward ...look at this picture

It's not bad at all but you need to fix the top part

your DL... you sit back too much and the bar is too far from your shins, get your feet under the bar standing straight up, look down until the bar is right on top of your shoe laces , bend over without bending your knees grab the bar
    sit back tighten up, chest out , squeeze your traps, lock it and pull
    shoulder should be just in front of the bar
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 01-24-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That all makes sense to me. I didn't even know I was doing that with my wrists or looking up. That sucks about the pussy pad.... oh well, I guess I'll just have to man up and ditch it.

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That all makes sense to me. I didn't even know I was doing that with my wrists or looking up. That sucks about the pussy pad.... oh well, I guess I'll just have to man up and ditch it.
    it seems like nothing but that 1cm raises the bar further up , if the bar is bothering your soft skin put a hand towel or something ... I like the butt wiggling before you squat

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    it seems like nothing but that 1cm raises the bar further up , if the bar is bothering your soft skin put a hand towel or something ... I like the butt wiggling before you squat
    I wondered if anyone was going to comment on that!

I think the bar will probably be ok. It used to hurt before when I had zero muscle but there is a little more padding now. I'll give is a go next week.

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't look like your maxed out. It looked way too easy for you.

Catching a big breathe before each rep so I can push out with my belly has helped me get more weight on the bar.

I wondered if anyone was going to comment on that!
    Oh I see everything

I think the bar will probably be ok. It used to hurt before when I had zero muscle but there is a little more padding now. I'll give is a go next week.
    time to get on dat there bulk

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

GHR fail

The embedding isn't working from my phone, sorry.

After hearing and watching Bodyhard do these undecided to give it a go. Holy ****. Talk about humbling!!! The vid is a good training tool because there is no mirror by the seated calf machine to check my form, and we all know it seems like we're going soooo low/deep, and then we see the vid. . And I see I gotta keep my torso straighter. These work my hams better than ANY hamstring movement I've ever attempted. Again, holy ****. My old gym had an "official" GHR station, and I could do those. These were MUCH harder. Chaos also showed a vid of him and his gF doing them and her form was flawless. I became so inspired; I WILL be performing impeccable reps in 30 days or less.

Last edited by discdoggie; 01-26-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In haven't tried weighted pull-ups since before the hurricane. I got one more rep than last time. *shrug*

Last edited by discdoggie; 01-26-2013 at 05:11 AM.
    For what I don't know

Ok gals and guys. Here are some recent vids of mine... would love your feedback! I took the squat one today because I was getting frustrated that I was stuck on 40kg for ages. I then, of course, managed to add 5kg. I haven't gone above 70kg on deadlift.
    Your form looks good on squats from where I sit. The camera angle was weird. Like I was looking up from the ground. Set it higher next time.

The pussy pad? I never used one but of you feel you need it....

As you build more "beef" around your lower traps you'll find you need it less. That's another thing: could be the angle but it looks like the bar is sitting on your neck instead of your traps. Try dropping it several inches.

You appeared to power it up nicely.
    For what I don't know

Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    You don't look like your maxed out. It looked way too easy for you.

Catching a big breathe before each rep so I can push out with my belly has helped me get more weight on the bar.
    This week was actually a lot easier than previously. My problem was/is that I keep bucking in at the knees so I don't feel like I'm doing them properly. Maybe my weaker muscles have caught up so I'll try and add more weight.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    time to get on dat there bulk
    Yep.... I'm in the process of upping my calories! Food glorious food.

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Your form looks good on squats from where I sit. The camera angle was weird. Like I was looking up from the ground. Set it higher next time.

The pussy pad? I never used one but of you feel you need it....

As you build more "beef" around your lower traps you'll find you need it less. That's another thing: could be the angle but it looks like the bar is sitting on your neck instead of your traps. Try dropping it several inches.

You appeared to power it up nicely.
    I had my phone resting on a step so it was low. I really want to get my form correct so appreciate the comments! Hopefully my back muscles respond with the extra food.

This week was actually a lot easier than previously. My problem was/is that I keep bucking in at the knees so I don't feel like I'm doing them properly. Maybe my weaker muscles have caught up so I'll try and add more weight.
    no you just need to learn to shove your knees out knees buckling in is a form issue

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yep.... I'm in the process of upping my calories! Food glorious food.

I had my phone resting on a step so it was low. I really want to get my form correct so appreciate the comments! Hopefully my back muscles respond with the extra food.
    For me squats are a bit of a step by step learning process. you get one piece down then work on the next. You learn more and more ways to perfect them as you go.

Deep breathe before the rep, push your belly out so that you are stable and steady when you begin to push back up. As you come back up push your knees out. If you don't push your knees away from each other you'll feel like you are crumbling when coming up.

Thanks peeps!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

After hearing and watching Bodyhard do these undecided to give it a go. Holy ****. Talk about humbling!!! The vid is a good training tool because there is no mirror by the seated calf machine to check my form, and we all know it seems like we're going soooo low/deep, and then we see the vid. . And I see I gotta keep my torso straighter. These work my hams better than ANY hamstring movement I've ever attempted. Again, holy ****. My old gym had an "official" GHR station, and I could do those. These were MUCH harder. Chaos also showed a vid of him and his gF doing them and her form was flawless. I became so inspired; I WILL be performing impeccable reps in 30 days or less.

DD, I don't want to leave you here alone...lemmie throw my GHR fail into the ring with you.

National Level Competitor (Female BB)

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In haven't tried weighted pull-ups since before the hurricane. I got one more rep than last time. *shrug*

Nice! Especially the Spice Girls cranked in the background :P Hehe.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hmm must video my GHRs . Did them for the second time today... Of course I feel like I'm doing them right but.... They make me unable to walk lol

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Nice! Especially the Spice Girls cranked in the background :P Hehe.
    I wonder who decides what music plays at the gym.

I wonder who decides what music plays at the gym.
    One day when i open my own gym it will only be playing live dead or Jerry.

In gyms I've worked at in the past, they used those pay-per-month pre-set stations. And which station would be dependent on what time of day it was so which demographic the crowd was most likely to be.

Early mornings? Seniors. Easy listening.

Afternoon? High school and college students. Popular and club station.

Late night? The hard cores. Angry metal stuff.0
    For what I don't know

One day when i open my own gym it will only be playing live dead or Jerry.

In gyms I've worked at in the past, they used those pay-per-month pre-set stations. And which station would be dependent on what time of day it was so which demographic the crowd was most likely to be.

Early mornings? Seniors. Easy listening.

Afternoon? High school and college students. Popular and club station.

Late night? The hard cores. Angry metal stuff.0
    Maybe I need to go late night. Anytime my iPod has died I just want to jab my eardrums out. The music is so bad.

Maybe I need to go late night. Anytime my iPod has died I just want to jab my eardrums out. The music is so bad.
    You can always try and ask the desk staff to change the Station.

Sometimes you get lucky.
    For what I don't know

I know that feel .... I hate my gym's music I bitch all the times one day I'm gonna rig my ipod to the system and get kicked out ............but it'll be worth it

You can always try and ask the desk staff to change the Station.

Sometimes you get lucky.
    I dunno. Certainly someone has done that. I hear the same songs at the same time every day. They must never change the channel.

I dunno. Certainly someone has done that. I hear the same songs at the same time every day. They must never change the channel.
    I believe each "channel" has about 60 or so songs that plays on a loop. They change them up quarterly or so.

So, yes. If you hit the gym the same time every day, you're probably hearing the same songs.
    For what I don't know

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Too much ball.

The pullups are good though.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitaminAJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is a great idea. I know my form needs work and have a workout partner that tries to tell me what to fix but seeing it on video would be way easier!

Originally Posted by Wyomann View Post
    Too much ball.
    Yeah. These are no tiptoe through the tulips.
    For what I don't know

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DD and Kimm: If you can, you might want to rig up a thick resistance band for assistance on the GHR. At least that's what I do to allow myself full ROM. For what it's worth, I've only seen one person at my gym do them properly without some form of assistance, and this is in a gym where most of the guys deadlift 150-300kg.

Botika: If I were going to worry about just one thing in your squat, it would be upper body tightness. Chest up, face back, pull your elbows into your side (instead of dipping them forwards as you descend) and pull the bar into your back.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    DD and Kimm: If you can, you might want to rig up a thick resistance band for assistance on the GHR. At least that's what I do to allow myself full ROM. For what it's worth, I've only seen one person at my gym do them properly without some form of assistance, and this is in a gym where most of the guys deadlift 150-300kg.
    Sheer stubbornness and will is what is going to get me there.

Today's attempts (mishaps and fails due to distractions from view-ruiners, but getting better!):

For what I don't know

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    DD and Kimm: If you can, you might want to rig up a thick resistance band for assistance on the GHR.
    You're right and it's a great idea, but I'm being completely stubborn. I refuse to use resistance bands, balls, etc...I will take my chances of smashing my face on the floor.

I practice a few sets everyday after my workout and I'm getting much better at them. I'll throw up another vid soon.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doing my favorite exercise this morning:

And yes, I know my hammies don't even look like I lift. But I did DL for the first time today and will continue.