Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight gainer shake questions.

I made a weight gainer shake, but I don't like the taste.

Got from a little research in here.

2 cups milk
    1 cup oats
    2 spoon whey

Didn't add my spoon of flax seed oil or peanut butter becuase it was post workout.

What can I add for taste, and mabey some calories.

Chocolate syrip?
    Orange?

It's also real clumpy at the bottom. I chugged it, but I just couldn't take the last 15%.

----

Would it work the same with...

1 cup oats in a bowl
    2 cups milk
    2 spoon whey in milk
    1 spoon flax in milk, or just eat a spoon of peanut butter.

I think it's the clumpyness of the oats in the milk that really had me.

Any other things to add for calories.

---

also, is it safe to take this 3x a day? being that's 6 scoops of whey protein.

OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is safe to take three times a day but not ideal, try to get your protein, fats and carbs from a variety of sources to ensure a good supply of micronutrients.

Simple replacements would be tuna in wholegrain bread, nuts, eggs, brown rice cakes, salmon, cottage cheese etc.

In a bowl is fine, I much prefer oats in a bowl, hot or cold, feels like a meal instead of just a drink.

Post workout is a good time to take high GI carbs, many take dextrose at this point, in place of some oats it will sweeten up your shake nicely.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find if you chop up the oats in a blender or a chopper type thing. It really helps out when the oats settle at the bottom. Or another option is continually swirling it.

If your having something post workout you can add dextrose along with the oats. It will help out two ways

1) More calories, as you want
    2) Help spike your insulin

Having 6 scoops of protein is alright. As long as your still getting enough protein from whole food and not depending entirely on protein powder.

Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maleante PR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys.

So for my Breakfast (Pre workout), post workout, and last meal of the day I will have:

1 Cup of Oats in bowl (+ Cheerios at breakfast)
    2 Cups Milk
    2 Spoons Whey in milk
    1 Spoon Flax Seed Oil (In milk) or 1 Spoon of Nat Peanut Butter (Only at night)

[Basically the drink from this link, slightly changed: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ghlight=gainer ]

-

This may sound crazy but...

Anyone ever tried to suck the whey down like a shot. Put water in shot glass and chug the two shots of Whey (Just drop the 2 spoons in there).

Or would this not be good for the body, be a waste?

Haha.
    Last edited by Maleante PR; 02-15-2007 at 10:14 PM.

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    throw in some frozen fruits or natural pb in there
    Overrating the Underrated
    49ers/Lakers/USC/Dodgers/Kings
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰