Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1887
    Registered User southernstunna1's Avatar
    southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To anyone thinking about joining who hasn't heard about duty I am sorry.

Brb 2200-0300 watch and then regular workday the subsequent day. I have wasted so many hours standing on the quarterdeck in the past two years.

ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well im still undecided on what to major in and didn't get the NROTC scholarship around May of last year. So im thinking about enlisting. I talked to a guy back home and he said im eligible to re-take the Nuke program test. What are some other jobs that translate well into civilian life as far as salary? The only thing I have in mind is finance and IT.

Basically I want to do 4 yrs active duty, see some ports on deployment, then get out and do the job I signed up for in the civilian workforce.

I'm in Army ROTC now at my school (no negs pls) but Id prefer the Navy.
    Positive Crew
    Spring Cutters Crew

xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by southernstunna1 View Post
    To anyone thinking about joining who hasn't heard about duty I am sorry.

Brb 2200-0300 watch and then regular workday the subsequent day. I have wasted so many hours standing on the quarterdeck in the past two years.
    how many days a week do you have watch

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ThomasBrah View Post
    Well im still undecided on what to major in and didn't get the NROTC scholarship around May of last year. So im thinking about enlisting. I talked to a guy back home and he said im eligible to re-take the Nuke program test. What are some other jobs that translate well into civilian life as far as salary? The only thing I have in mind is finance and IT.

Basically I want to do 4 yrs active duty, see some ports on deployment, then get out and do the job I signed up for in the civilian workforce.

I'm in Army ROTC now at my school (no negs pls) but Id prefer the Navy.
    Are you on scholarship, or just attending ROTC - based on age, assuming you're in college? (If you're going to drop, be sure it's before you lock into an active duty obligation... unless that's the intent). Also check, there may still be a limited option for ROTC graduates to cross-service transfer upon graduation.

As for jobs, ITs now receive a ton of civilian certifications, which would help on the outside. There isn't really a "finance" rating on the enlisted side.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    "It depends". Duty sections could be every 4-8 days, based on ship/command manning and schedule.

thejakesUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thejakesUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thejakesUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i made a thread but i figured i post this question here as well seeing as this is the official navy thread lol. sups brahs..

"i was wondering how the social life is in the Navy? like will i be able to make friends outside of my rate ? im not a nerdy guy myself but i picked a "nerdy" rate because of the job securty there is for it once i get out of navy. im an IT rate.

from my understanding we get sent to A school in penanscola but are sent to cory base with all the intel rates.. is it possible to make friends with people outside of my rate? also is true most intel rate recruits are weird as fuk lol?

want to socialize with people who aren't neckbeards that play WoW all day.. thanks brahs."

Ditto the reply in the other thread.

You'll primarily work with those in your rating, who will be in the same workcenter/division. But nothing stops you from stepping outside those lines, especially after work.

thejakesUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thejakesUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thejakesUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    Ditto the reply in the other thread.

You'll primarily work with those in your rating, who will be in the same workcenter/division. But nothing stops you from stepping outside those lines, especially after work.

yeah just saw your reply. really appreciate the reponses guys. thanks.

navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50) navyguy1946 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Camp Pendleton checking in

OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thejakesUp View Post
    i made a thread but i figured i post this question here as well seeing as this is the official navy thread lol. sups brahs..

"i was wondering how the social life is in the Navy? like will i be able to make friends outside of my rate ? im not a nerdy guy myself but i picked a "nerdy" rate because of the job securty there is for it once i get out of navy. im an IT rate.

from my understanding we get sent to A school in penanscola but are sent to cory base with all the intel rates.. is it possible to make friends with people outside of my rate? also is true most intel rate recruits are weird as fuk lol?

want to socialize with people who aren't neckbeards that play WoW all day.. thanks brahs."
    You picked a damn good rate. I'm an IT as well. Yea there are some "nerdy types" but lots of regular people too, just like any rate really. Some of those "nerdy" guys are damn good at their job though and will probably be training you so keep an open mind and be friendly. Good luck and if you have any questions just ask.

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

Registered User southernstunna1's Avatar
    southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    Depends on your ship. We are in five section duty on mine. Larger ships will be 6 to 10 section. We usually have two watches every duty day. You are lucky to get four hours of sleep on a duty day.

I'm glad I joined the navy, but I'm even more glad that I only have five more months of sea duty (and then I'll ride the three years of shore duty) until I get out. The quality of life is very, very poor at times.

ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you on scholarship, or just attending ROTC - based on age, assuming you're in college? (If you're going to drop, be sure it's before you lock into an active duty obligation... unless that's the intent). Also check, there may still be a limited option for ROTC graduates to cross-service transfer upon graduation.

As for jobs, ITs now receive a ton of civilian certifications, which would help on the outside. There isn't really a "finance" rating on the enlisted side.
    -Yes im in college, and I had 24 credits when I transferred to my current school. It was my first experience with anything military related. The Col. told us as long as we pass the PT test, come to the field training, and have a 3.1-3.3+ you'll more than likely get a scholarship (there's only like 10 people in our small Army ROTC program so there's not a lot of competition). Im also a freshman/sophomore so there's no official obligation yet...Its a good program but im not sure if I wanted to make a career out of basically being a soldier. The places I could get stationed was also a factor. (All the bases in the US vs the countries the Navy gets to see on deployments)

-Are there any other rates I should look into besides IT?
    Positive Crew
    Spring Cutters Crew

burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by southernstunna1 View Post
    Depends on your ship. We are in five section duty on mine. Larger ships will be 6 to 10 section. We usually have two watches every duty day. You are lucky to get four hours of sleep on a duty day.

I'm glad I joined the navy, but I'm even more glad that I only have five more months of sea duty (and then I'll ride the three years of shore duty) until I get out. The quality of life is very, very poor at times.

Sea duty 8 (will be 9 when all said and done) years in a row crew checking in. The idea of getting the elusive "Shore Duty" and not having the "stand by" lifestyle litterly puts a smile on my face.

Watch after 6 months of shore duty you see me post " damn I want to go back to sea" lol
    I am currently prepping for a Bodybuilding show, follow my journey :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163848201

Originally Posted by OneStepCloser View Post
    You picked a damn good rate. I'm an IT as well. Yea there are some "nerdy types" but lots of regular people too, just like any rate really. Some of those "nerdy" guys are damn good at their job though and will probably be training you so keep an open mind and be friendly. Good luck and if you have any questions just ask.
    Awsome man thanks . Glad i saw this thread clears up a lot of question. I prolly came off as an ******* on my first post tho lol.

Hows a day in the Navy look like for you(hours,ect)? Was A School pretty tough?

OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneStepCloser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thejakesUp View Post
    Awsome man thanks . Glad i saw this thread clears up a lot of question. I prolly came off as an ******* on my first post tho lol.

Hows a day in the Navy look like for you(hours,ect)? Was A School pretty tough?
    I'm on a Carrier. Currently we are dry docked so its a bit different. Typical day is 0730 - 1530. Usually get out a little earlier to beat traffic though. It varies though as there are days where ill leave at noon or 1700. It just depends on whats going on and what is needed from us. Stand duty every 8 days with either a 5hr watch or working party. Plenty of time for the gym and a life outside of work. I'm fortunate right now.

A school isn't too tough just make sure you pay attention and do your best to learn. It's your job after all. It's in Pensacola and I absolutely love that place. Great weather and beaches with that southern feel. It's best to focus on one thing at a time in my opinion. Right now focus on boot camp. Then A school. Then the fleet. Nothing is really predictable in the Navy from my experience so it's best to be flexible and open minded and keep a positive attitude. Be extra friendly to people and always maintain a level of integrity and professionalism. It will take you a long way in a Navy where there are a lot of jerks and slackers. Enjoy the experience for what it is. I'm pretty new still so I'm still adapting. So far so good though for the most part.

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    I'm on a Carrier. Currently we are dry docked so its a bit different. Typical day is 0730 - 1530. Usually get out a little earlier to beat traffic though. It varies though as there are days where ill leave at noon or 1700. It just depends on whats going on and what is needed from us. Stand duty every 8 days with either a 5hr watch or working party. Plenty of time for the gym and a life outside of work. I'm fortunate right now.
    i might be getting to do some contract work on your boat soon. the yard your boat is in doesnt have enough people to handle it's business so we might be helping them more and more on that boat
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    i might be getting to do some contract work on your boat soon. the yard your boat is in doesnt have enough people to handle it's business so we might be helping them more and more on that boat
    Nice! You better come find me man. I'll be the guy in his NWUs and hard hat.

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Nice! You better come find me man. I'll be the guy in his NWUs and hard hat.
    make sure you wear one of those gold pins that declare your pride in your boat.

oh and hook me up with a ship's coin. i has one for the sub i am on but i dont gave a carrier one yet

make sure you wear one of those gold pins that declare your pride in your boat.

oh and hook me up with a ship's coin. i has one for the sub i am on but i dont gave a carrier one yet
    Will do man. I'd be glad to show you around that beast.

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

Will do man. I'd be glad to show you around that beast.
    if you know much about the area around your boat's dry dock i am in those Connex boxes across from the smoke deck/locker room. my shop is on the pier at the back of your barge lol. your barge just happens to be bigger than the sub behind it

if you know much about the area around your boat's dry dock i am in those Connex boxes across from the smoke deck/locker room. my shop is on the pier at the back of your barge lol. your barge just happens to be bigger than the sub behind it
    Whaaaat I work on that barge most of the time ha. That's crazy. I'll look out for Connex boxes. I know you got some supps stashed in there

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

Whaaaat I work on that barge most of the time ha. That's crazy. I'll look out for Connex boxes. I know you got some supps stashed in there
    always got something banging around in my lunchbox but no big stashes. they always be looking for my stash so gotta keep em guessing

nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "It depends". Duty sections could be every 4-8 days, based on ship/command manning and schedule.
    4-8 section? LOL! Senior, weren't you on a submarine?

Originally Posted by ThomasBrah View Post
    -Are there any other rates I should look into besides IT?
    In an earlier post you said you wanted jobs that translate well to the civilian world. Nuke is another option. Its a whole different beast from IT.
    -Nuclear Navy-Native Texan-

ALWAYS rep back.

matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    much respect to all of those who have served and are serving. my father was an officer in the US Navy 30+ years ago. he was on the first US warship to have visited a Soviet Union port (Leningrad) since WW2. have a photo or two of him in Leningrad on the warship, will post them if I can find them. they were also given hammer and sickle belt buckles from the Russians as 'goodwill' in exchange for US cigarettes.
    Last edited by matw; 11-11-2013 at 05:58 AM.

xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/17/us/dro...html?hpt=hp_t2

Definitely the craziest day of my life and career. I can't wait to see what the investigation reveals and why the drone malfunctioned and struck my ship. God bless America and the one who watched over us yesterday.

IT2 quota at 40% compared to 63% last cycle. Not feeling to confident about it. Only had an MP and felt like I did awful on the test lol.

Good luck to everyone!

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

Good luck to all you who took the exam. If you make it i will tenderly rape your CP

@OSC, havent seen you yet brah lol. but i am looking......always looking

no creeper, no homo, no stalker

Thumbs up

Good luck to all you who took the exam. If you make it i will tenderly rape your CP

@OSC, havent seen you yet brah lol. but i am looking......always looking

no creeper, no homo, no stalker

Exit Barge: check
    Locate Connex boxes: check
    Find a contractor curling random shipyard stuff for gains: soon....

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah

andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000)
    IT2 quota at 40% compared to 63% last cycle. Not feeling to confident about it. Only had an MP and felt like I did awful on the test lol.

Good luck to everyone!
    You can def pick up with 40% and an MP as long as you score high on the test. Do you have any awards/PNA?

Good luck to everyone who took the test!
    Squat: 445
    Bench: 350
    Dead: 515

Originally Posted by andrew450r View Post
    You can def pick up with 40% and an MP as long as you score high on the test. Do you have any awards/PNA?

Good luck to everyone who took the test!
    Nah man only been in the fleet for 5 months. If I miss it by a couple points I can turn in my degree info for 4 points I think.

I'm being put up for a couple of awards now though and should be able to get an EP next go around so it's not the end of the world if I don't get it my first time.

☠☠ Go Pokes ☠☠

Oklahoma Bad Ass

US Navy brah