Thread: Pull-up bar

JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pull-up bar

I was thinking about buying a pull-up bar that attaches to the door frame, but I'm afraid it's going to completely rip the door frame off. Has anyone had any experience with this product? I just want to make sure I don't destroy a part of the house when I purchase it...

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which style are you looking at? Some work on a cantilever action, and some screw straight into the frame.

I used to use the cantilever style and it worked well. The bar was strong but like you I had m concerns about the strength of the doorframe. It made some small shallow intents in the wall so I padded it a little and it was fine. It all depends how your house is built I suppose, but a few modifications can help spread the load of the contact areas.

This is the one I have (somewhere). 'Powerbar'. Its well made for what it is.

My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-On...p-Bar/13032424

The door frames in my house aren't the greatest and I've never had a problem. I'm 160 myself and have done pullups with a 60lb weight vest on. Awesome pullup bar, highly recommended.

JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Phenomenal, okay great, I really appreciate the feedback!

DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same one Irpwns from walmart and I have never had a problem with it. Been using it for about 3 years now and I weigh 220lbs

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have used the basic screw-in type in a couple apartments and rental homes. The tiny holes it leaves aren't even noticeable when filled with wood putty and touched up with paint. They end up being less destructive to the door than the cantilever style. They also have the advantage of being much sturdier and cheaper. This is the model I have:
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...ductId=3472186
    It comes with brackets that allow you to easily remove the bar if you don't want it to stay up 24/7. The ends lock into the brackets making it very solid. I've even done kipping

I'm honestly thinking about going the screw-in route. The only this with that is that I have to commit to a door, shouldn't be a problem though, whatever is sturdier.

irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irpwns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man I'm telling you, the one I posted before is a great buy. Doesn't cost much, has multiple uses, and easily detachable. If you are worried about it not being sturdy enough or it moving around, it doesn't one bit. I've done the leg lifts on them, upside down situps, upside down pullups and have never fallen, which would have been rather funny.

Trust me, if you are looking for a good pullup bar, go with the one i'm telling you about. I rate it a 10/10. It has the close grip, wide grip, hammer grip. You can put it on the floor and do pushups and dips. They come with straps, so you can do leg lifts as well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-On...p-Bar/13032424

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Iron Gym Xtreme review (under $30 and contains bonus stuff like ab straps).
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124398851
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com