ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question GVT Questions - Is this acceptable?

Was doing some reading here and several times came across GVT. Did a few quick reads and noticed that there are different versions. Today was leg day, so we thought we'd try out our own version. Is there anything wrong with this set-up?

Did 60% of 1RepMax for all 10 sets of 10 reps. Essentially superset (or circuit) the 3 exercises together with no break between sets.

Squats -> Leg Curl -> Calf Raises. calf raises were essentially our 'rest' period. Wash, rinse, repeat for the 10 sets.

A couple questions:

1. Does this look acceptable? If any critique, what should we alter? I know, I know, there are a lot of examples, but looking for some tried/true/tested
    2. If able to perform all 10 sets this week, do we increase weight each week that we successfully perform all sets?
    3. If anyone is doing this with a 5 day split, how do they set up their program?

Thanks in advance for everyone's time.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks fine to me, except you gotta breathe sometime. If you're not breathing heavy and hating life, then you need to up the weights. I think squatting and curling supersetted is asking to break form on squats and hurt yourself, but that's me. Feel free to look at my log for a sample gvt routine. It's an awesome mass builder btw.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the response! I will check out your log. Three of us work together, so we thought we'd superset through - not sure that was as effective as sticking with the same exercise and rotating through that set.

Perhaps if we just rotate through each exercise 10 sets at a time instead of supersetting, we'll get the prescribed 60 seconds rest whereas each muscle had a fair amount of rest between the exercise going with the superset method. We were working different muscles, but each got a fair break till we got back to it in rotation. I'll tell you what, we got the sweat going, though!

We started at 60% and each of us were able to add on the 10th set and perform 13-15, so we're going to increase the weight next week. But, we had to start somewhere - trial and error, I guess.

Going to check out your log now for some ideas. Today is typically back/bicep....

painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm currently doing phase 1 of this GVT program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

It has you doing legs 10 x 10 squats, 10 x 10 curls, and 3 x 12 calves.

I'm doing the 5 day split. ABxCx rince and repeat. Gives you enough recovery time, but your working your muscles hard. For example right now I can finish all my squats 10 x 10. It's hard, but I can do it. Not failing. So I up the weight next week and do it again. I find that the new weight I can handle like last weeks weight. Basically my strength is growing and keeping up. I like that. Having a bad knee (surgery a long time ago), I would rather not ramp up too quickly. If it's a challenge, you're doing it right.

I figure the whole point is "high volume". 100 reps. I'd rather get 99 out of 100 reps, vs only doing 80 and failing. If you go too heavy and not getting enough reps, I would feel that I wouldn't be doing the program justice.

Just plugging away still. Chest workout tonight.
    Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive done it for legs(squats) in the past and for me i just kept it to one exercise per body part.
    10 x10 is pretty brutal especially if you go with the rest time 90 sec for the one i did.
    You will be pretty trashed after that.
    Super settings ok but i think one of the exercises would suffer unless your already in great cardio shape.
    We all know form will start to suffer when fatigue sets in which can lead to a crappy workout and or a possible injury.
    JMO though.Id rather have a quality workout with one basic exercise and not beat up my nervous system.
    For me my legs would stay sore for days after a session.So i dont think more is necessarily better.
    good luck on whatever you go with.

Thanks Paint and Rat - We're sort of testing the waters this week and next and see how it feels. Definitely appreciate your input from your experiences as we'll potentially need to find what works for us!