jimmmay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Physique Competition 2013 - Prep Advice.

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on preparation for my first physique show next year, June 1st 2013. Right now I have about 7 Solid Months to prepare so any advice will be appreciated. Currently, I am 5'11 and 179lbs. I've attached some photos so that you guys can have an idea of what I look like and what I could possibly fix, or make better. Thanks again everyone for your time.

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo.jpg

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Arms and delts are solid. I would work on the chest a little bit, especially the upper. Other then that i would just do a slow bulk and start your cut around 16-20 weeks out. That way you can cut slowly and dont kill yourself during prep! You are in a good spot though.

Thats just my opinion, i started cutting 16 weeks out and it really hasnt been that bad. You have My contest prep log is in my signature if you want to check it out.

Good luck!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Arms and delts are solid. I would work on the chest a little bit, especially the upper. Other then that i would just do a slow bulk and start your cut around 16-20 weeks out. That way you can cut slowly and dont kill yourself during prep! You are in a good spot though.

Thats just my opinion, i started cutting 16 weeks out and it really hasnt been that bad. You have My contest prep log is in my signature if you want to check it out.

Good luck!
    This!

jimmmay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post

Good luck!
    Thanks man, appreciate any input.

Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    clean bulk, start cut 8-12 weeks out if you stay as lean as you are. 16-20week cuts are for slobs imo you shouldn't need that long.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree with what has already been said. As long as you don't get messy with your bulk, 16-18 weeks should be about right. Just don't start out with a huge calorie deficit and tons of cardio.

Originally Posted by Productivity View Post
    clean bulk, start cut 8-12 weeks out if you stay as lean as you are. 16-20week cuts are for slobs imo you shouldn't need that long.
    Yep. All those natty pros with striated glutes are just slobs.