Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tyler140625 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Is my protein powder fake?

Hi, I recently purchased 3kg of chocolate whey protein isolate off eBay, which claims to have the following protein levels per 100g: dry basis 91.6g, as is 88g. 2g carbs.

I won an auction for $57, when the buy now price was $ 91. The stuff actually tastes and mixes good!

My question is what's the chances of a flavored isolate actually being so high in protein, at such a good price? The packaging looks legit, professional. Is it possible....or are the chances it's most probably fake?

_Big_Al_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _Big_Al_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _Big_Al_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _Big_Al_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tyler140625 View Post
    Hi, I recently purchased 3kg of chocolate whey protein isolate off eBay, which claims to have the following protein levels per 100g: dry basis 91.6g, as is 88g. 2g carbs.

I won an auction for $57, when the buy now price was $ 91. The stuff actually tastes and mixes good!

My question is what's the chances of a flavored isolate actually being so high in protein, at such a good price? The packaging looks legit, professional. Is it possible....or are the chances it's most probably fake?
    Does it have any branding or name attached to it? Post a picture of the package and anything that came with it
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The only way to know for sure is by sending it in to a lab to get tested for its content, hence why I would not buy any type of bulk supplement on ebay just to save money. As I rather spend a few more bucks at a reputable site and brand from a company I trust just to have a little peace of mind.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500) TNbrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    thats like buying food from the trunk of a car..

rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdy2bfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what is the persons feedback? if they are new or dont have much or have bad feedback prob shouldnt have bought

Hi, I've attached an Ebay link of the item in question. It has all the info on it....pls let me know what you think :-)

ebay.com.au/itm/Whey-Protein-Isolate-3kg-chocolate-flavour-/271076877103?pt=AU_Exercise_Accessories&hash=item3 f1d70e32f

Originally Posted by _Big_Al_ View Post
    Does it have any branding or name attached to it? Post a picture of the package and anything that came with it

Thx for the advice....this is the product in question. Pls tell me what you think :-)

ebay.com.au/itm/Whey-Protein-Isolate-3kg-chocolate-flavour-/271076877103?pt=AU_Exercise_Accessories&hash=item3 f1d70e32f

Originally Posted by RaginAzN View Post
    The only way to know for sure is by sending it in to a lab to get tested for its content, hence why I would not buy any type of bulk supplement on ebay just to save money. As I rather spend a few more bucks at a reputable site and brand from a company I trust just to have a little peace of mind.

Hi, if you wanna check it out....let me know what you think :-)

Originally Posted by TNbrah View Post

Hi, feedback 294, 100% positive. The link to the item is below.....let nme know what you think :-)

Originally Posted by rdy2bfit View Post
    what is the persons feedback? if they are new or dont have much or have bad feedback prob shouldnt have bought

mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Link appears to be dead.

Could be legit, it says per 100g, so it's possible to have ~90g of that being protein. That'd be like having a normal ~30g serving (or scoop), and 27g of it being protein. Doesn't seem too impossible.
    May 2004 - 225 lbs.
    May 2010 - 145 lbs.

Live and breathe Mizzou and St. Louis sports!

Completed logs/reviews on: Controlled Labs White Pump, White Flood Reborn, PROnom23, White Flood, & Sample Pack, MuscleTech Phase 8, Anabolic Halo, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite & Amino Build, Gaspari Nutrition GlycoFuse & AminoLast, Scivation Xtend & Novem

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would just consider that a lesson learned.

And never buy protein off ebay again

-Spaz

Sorry....just need to put the www . in front....because I'm new and have less than 50 posts, BB says I can't post images or links until I do, hence the reason I posted link without www .
    Originally Posted by mrbaker3 View Post
    Link appears to be dead.

Could be legit, it says per 100g, so it's possible to have ~90g of that being protein. That'd be like having a normal ~30g serving (or scoop), and 27g of it being protein. Doesn't seem too impossible.

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's Fitbodies Whey.

That name means nothing to me, sorry, but I'd never buy whey off Ebay like that. It's just too easy to buy bunk supplements.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TNbrah View Post
    this
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RaginAzN View Post
    Age old saying..."you get what you pay for."
    Unfortunately, you might have actually bought protein powder, but what form of quality is this product if you have to question its formula? You know when you run out of your favorite (insert brand product) and you decide to buy the store brands to save a few bucks and end up with less than satisfying results??? When it comes to supplements and your health and anything you put into your body for that matter, you should never have to question its quality. If so, dont buy it! If they accept returns I suggest you let them know you are not satisfied and just take the refund and buy something you are pleased with.
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep

ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would say mix it with a bit of water and microwave it
    if it turns really dry and puffs up its prob whey,
    easy way to tell with isolates anyway is the texture after cooking
    but this is not a full proof method
    it will tell you if theres whey in it, not how much tho

healthnut232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fitbodies is a fake product

Hey guys, my wife a buddy of mine and I have been buying and taking Fitbodies Protein since last year, we're all healthnuts and keep an eye on our bloodwork, etc. My mate just had a heart attack and my wife's cholesterol has been climbing to the point where I had to really had a very good look at our intakes.

I found this thread and decided to check it out. I have on hand three batches of their 'whey isolate' and one batch of their 'casein' and have now had them independently tested by Symbio Alliance in Brisbane who are a NATA accredited laboratory.

The results are that the whey tested at 41.8, 43.4, 35.6(!!!)% and the casein tested at 66.1% protein.

The test report is available for anyone who wants it.

I run a food business that requires constant dealing with the various Food Authorities around the country and have passed all this on to the NSW Food Authority for investigation. Let's just hope the law does the right thing here and pulls this guy up.

Originally Posted by tyler140625 View Post

Attached Files

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy from a reputable retailer, look for high quality brands....sure you might be saving money buying the CHEAPEST protein, but in the end you could be getting chocolate sugar.
    Quality > Quantity
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

adzyau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so here i am drinking my fitbodies whey that my friend sold to me for $100. i couldnt believe the price and i could barely believe the nutrition profile of it. thank you for getting the stuff tested. it tastes like ****ing milo and i just knew this **** wasnt legit.

Originally Posted by healthnut232 View Post
    Hey guys, my wife a buddy of mine and I have been buying and taking Fitbodies Protein since last year, we're all healthnuts and keep an eye on our bloodwork, etc. My mate just had a heart attack and my wife's cholesterol has been climbing to the point where I had to really had a very good look at our intakes.

I found this thread and decided to check it out. I have on hand three batches of their 'whey isolate' and one batch of their 'casein' and have now had them independently tested by Symbio Alliance in Brisbane who are a NATA accredited laboratory.

The results are that the whey tested at 41.8, 43.4, 35.6(!!!)% and the casein tested at 66.1% protein.

The test report is available for anyone who wants it.

I run a food business that requires constant dealing with the various Food Authorities around the country and have passed all this on to the NSW Food Authority for investigation. Let's just hope the law does the right thing here and pulls this guy up.

R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Holy crap man. I've been using this **** for 2 years.

****s sake.

Thanks for the post.

Out of interest, what flavour was it? Did you sign up just to post that?

R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10) R34Maniac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seller says hes going to send me his test results tuesday. If he does, I'll be showing him this topic, if not I'll just switch a more well known brand.

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by R34Maniac View Post
    Seller says hes going to send me his test results tuesday. If he does, I'll be showing him this topic, if not I'll just switch a more well known brand.
    Make sure it's a 3rd party COA otherwise he could of just sent in any kind of reputable protein and try to dupe you with the results.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

Of course.
    I'm slightly suspicious of the above results too though. Single post sign up.. Still likely to be true.

jindrrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course.
    I'm slightly suspicious of the above results too though. Single post sign up.. Still likely to be true.
    Hi there, did you get your results? I have been using this since I think mid last year, possibly longer. I found the taste was nice and mixed very well but if its not what it says it is I need to buy something else. I have just run out of protein now so I will be very eager to know how you went.

Thanks.

No answer.
    Previous posts said something about his mum passing away. Could be BS could be legit. Either way, nothing got sent to me. Just going to switch brands.

Agree with the taste being good and mixed well and I'm nearly out too...

jindrrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No answer.
    Previous posts said something about his mum passing away. Could be BS could be legit. Either way, nothing got sent to me. Just going to switch brands.

Agree with the taste being good and mixed well and I'm nearly out too...
    Yep same here. I have heard Venom seems to be good so I might try that.

I'm going to use Bulk Nutrition - good price, tested results.

Shame, I wanted to send the seller the above test results for FitBodies...

akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it's most likely legit but you never know with ebay and how people are. Also bodybuilding.com has alot of great prices which is always safer than ebay and is very trusted and you could pick what you want and the quality

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To the fuktards bumping this (yes I know it's 2yrs old), here's the rule of thumb in supp industry: if you have to ask this question, it's probably a crap product.
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Policeman

Fancy a hook to your gabber m8?

Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thefleshlight View Post
    To the fuktards bumping this (yes I know it's 2yrs old), here's the rule of thumb in supp industry: if you have to ask this question, it's probably a crap product.
    Bumping it makes sure others don't fall for the same thing.

I've only just found it & have been using fitbodies for sometime now.

Wonder how it's still being sold if there's been claims against the protein content.
    "Meal frequency and nutrient timing is all irrelevant for improving body composition, its all personal preference really." - Josef Rakich

Qualified Personal Trainer - follow me @ https://www.********.com/NaturallyShredded