Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 210 lbs
    bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit bigbeckster's BodySpace

HELP! Washing Machine problem!

Brahs,

I have a problem with my Washing Machine. When I put it on a normal cycle everything works until it goes to the rinse and it just keeps filling up without stopping. It doesn't overflow or anything, it just keeps filling up with Water until I hit the knob to stop it. It has done this twice now, and I have left the house and come back 2+ hour later and its still on rinse. From what I've read there could be a sensor. Has anyone ran into this before?

Timeline:

Fills ok, water stops.
    Agitates ok, agitation stops.
    Pause, which is normal.
    Drain/pump out should occur but washer starts to fill with water again on top of the soapy water already there.
    Push in timer knob and the filling water stops.
    Life is too Short
    to take short-cuts
    So live it to the Extreme!

Lift heavy Take Multi!

**KC Crew**
    *Washington Crew*

Stats: 6'2", 235 lbs
    nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nosaj7 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit nosaj7's BodySpace
    Check the following -

Water-inlet valve
    Water-level switch

Water-inlet valve
    A defect in the water-inlet valve may mean that it's no longer able to shut off completely when the electricity has been turned off to it. If this occurs, the valve may leak and drip water into the clothes tub. In time, the water may accumulate substantially. If this happens, you need to replace the valve.

Water-level switch
    A defect--or an obstruction--in the water-level switch may mean that it can't tell the water to shut off. So the machine overflows. This switch senses the water level in the clothes tub. It's usually a diaphragm device with a small, clear tube attached between the switch and the bottom of the washer's outer tub. As the water level in the tub increases, the pressure on the air in the tube increases. When the pressure reaches a certain level, it activates the switch, shuts off the water, and signals the timer to begin the agitate cycle. You can either clear any obstruction in the tube or replace the water-level switch.

Stats: 6'0", 185 lbs
    wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wnc817 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit wnc817's BodySpace
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"The best revenge is revenge."

"Knowledge is power. Ignorance is slavery."

I solve IRS problems and offer free individual tax advice.

Stats: 6'0", 210 lbs
    bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigbeckster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit bigbeckster's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by nosaj7 View Post
    Check the following -

Water-inlet valve
    Water-level switch

Water-inlet valve
    A defect in the water-inlet valve may mean that it's no longer able to shut off completely when the electricity has been turned off to it. If this occurs, the valve may leak and drip water into the clothes tub. In time, the water may accumulate substantially. If this happens, you need to replace the valve.

Water-level switch
    A defect--or an obstruction--in the water-level switch may mean that it can't tell the water to shut off. So the machine overflows. This switch senses the water level in the clothes tub. It's usually a diaphragm device with a small, clear tube attached between the switch and the bottom of the washer's outer tub. As the water level in the tub increases, the pressure on the air in the tube increases. When the pressure reaches a certain level, it activates the switch, shuts off the water, and signals the timer to begin the agitate cycle. You can either clear any obstruction in the tube or replace the water-level switch.
    Thanks man, I'm leaning more toward the Water inlet Valve. The only reason I say that is because the washer itself never overflows. It just keeps filling up the tank. I freaked out the first time this happened, because I figure I'd made a mess on the floor. But that wasn't the case, nothing was leaking.
    Life is too Short
    to take short-cuts
    So live it to the Extreme!

Lift heavy Take Multi!

**KC Crew**
    *Washington Crew*

QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) QuickNutkus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit QuickNutkus's BodySpace
    My washer did something similar with the water not shutting off.

Water inlet valve was the problem.