pwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 Day split Workout - Best Routine

Hi,

I am a Male looking to get in shape, build strength and muscle. I have looked a a few 3 day routines however not sure which is best to start on. I have been working out of an on for quite a few years but not consistent. I can only afford to workout 3 days a week but want best results. I am 6'-0, 195lbs and approx 18 - 20% body fat.
    I have a home gym and go to regular gym once a week.

Below is a 3 day routine that looks good and would appreciate any expert advice:

Best 3-Day Split:
    What is the best 3-day split workout? Be descriptive. Include exercises, sets, reps, length of workout, resting intervals, etc.

The best 3-day split workout is one that will work all the muscle groups in your body and give them enough time to rest and grow. This workout is best if you have limited time like most people, and have a desire to gain mass and strength in a few short weeks.

The most important thing to remember is to not give up and to keep working out, do not miss a day because this will mess up your whole schedule. It is vital that you do your 3 days a week or you will not have enough rest and you will not grow.

The workout will be split into 3 different body groups, each designed to allow for adequate amount of rest and also made to be completed in a short amount of time. Workout should take no longer than 1 hour, but should be a minimum of 45 minutes. If you have a partner, rest when your partner is doing their set and vice versa.

Day 1 - Chest, Triceps, Delts:

2 x 10 Bench press
    2 x 10 Close-grip bench press
    2 x 10 Incline bench press
    2 x 8 Dumbbell flyes
    2 x 8 Skull crushers
    2 x 10 Tricep extensions
    2 x 15 Front dumbbell raise
    2 x 15 Side dumbbell raise

print Click Here For A Printable Log Of Day 1.

Your triceps should be fully pumped; delts and chest should be solid as a rock after this workout.

Day 2 - Rest:

You deserve this day off, make sure to eat right and rest. If you're sore from the day before, massage and stretch those sore muscles. If you're not sore, then think about using heavier weight next time.

Day 3 - Biceps, Back, Traps, Forearms:

3 x 10 Barbell curls (try wide and close grips too)
    2 x 10 Concentration curls
    2 sets of pullups to failure (if you can do them)
    2 x 10 Lat pulls
    2 x 10 Bent-over Rows
    3 x 10 Wrist curls
    2 x 10 Barbell shrugs
    2 x 10 Calf raise machine shrugs

print Click Here For A Printable Log Of Day 3.

Day 4 - Rest:

If you did everything right this week, you should be sore from yesterday's workout. If not, you know what to do - lift heavier! Be safe when lifting though, you don't want to get injured.

Day 5 - Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings & Calves:

3 x 10 Squats
    2 x 10 Barbell deadlifts
    3 x 10 Leg press
    2 x 10 Leg extensions
    3 x 10 Calf raises
    2 x 10 Barbell lunges
    2 sets Farmer's walk

print Click Here For A Printable Log Of Day 5.

This should be your favorite day because this is when you pack on mass from those squats that work those large leg muscles and release growth hormone throughout your body. Your base also gets stronger and you will be able to lift more next week! Have a cheat meal the next day as a reward for going through this punishing and painful week.

Day 6 - Rest.

Day 7 - Rest.

Cheers,
    Patrick