kmauzon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diabetes and Bodybuilding

I am a 42 year old Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic. I have been living with diabetes for 22 years. In this forum I will talk about the pros and cons of insulin and bodybuilding with diabetes. I solicit your questions, input, and feedback in this forum to inform and educate people and bodybuilders with diabetes.

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been a type II for about the past 10+ years. I take a load of suplements including a multi vitamin/mineral 2@ day, vitamin C 1G X4, vitamin D3 5000 2X, GNC Magnesium/Potassium in an asportate base 250mg X4X, slow acting niacin 250mg X4, Astaxanthan 10mg 2X. Also a Gloucouse Essentials from a Dr Whitaker, 3A day.

After breakfast(we are highest in blood sugar after a meal) take a 15 minute+ walk to burn it off. After supper 30 bodyweight squats, not to burn calories but to open the receptor sites on the body. Apple at 8:00P

Lift weights, dumbells when possible, 3 times a week including bike and ellipitical trainer.

So what you ask? As of two weeks the VA tells me I an no longer diabetic. I was a type II diabetic, and can only hope some of this is helpful to type I's also.
    Do what's right.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by philipj View Post

So what you ask? As of two weeks the VA tells me I an no longer diabetic. I was a type II diabetic, and cna only hope some of this is helpful to type I's also.
    All of the medical professionals in my life have told me, "Once diabetic, always diabetic." The pancreas does not repair itself. Best you are at this point is a diabetic who controls it with diet. I am in the same boat.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    All of the medical professionals in my life have told me, "Once diabetic, always diabetic." The pancreas does not repair itself. Best you are at this point is a diabetic who controls it with diet. I am in the same boat.
    I'm no doctor, but I believe this is the truth. I've controlled type II with diet and exercise for several years, and have been able to avoid the necessity of medicine after dropping some unwanted flab and following an Atkins-style diet.

As for type I diabetics, I remember Tim Belknap was a type I -- the last NPC Mr. America. I remember watching that show.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I only know 2 things about diabetes

#1. It sucks
    #2. A personal friend of mine died yesterday in his sleep from complications with diabetes, he was the same age I am and was told he suffered a diabetic seizure. So you folks with this disease please be careful.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

2013 competition season was an experiment for/on me. As an insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic, I used that what I hate, to create a better body...INSULIN INJECTIONS! I knew I had to gain weight/size in order to compete on the National level. So, I consumed double the amount of carbs than normal and injected insulin after every time I ate. YES, it was very uncomfortable being a pin cushion, but the gains were awesome. I found that employing the 10-15 grams of carbohydrates per IU of insulin-administered protocol yield a great deal of success for me. Remember my diabetic friends; this was tailored for me and my body type. Please consult your physician before you do anything you read on the internet. Happy Training!

February 5, 2014, I received my Insulin Pump (MiniMed 530G) Medtronic. Let's just say, had I had this 10,15, hell 20 years ago I would be so advanced in my bodybuilding stage. I now have my pancreas in my hands (artifical pancreas). My transformation this year is EPIC! I'll be posting pictures very soon. Look to see a BIG MUSCLE gain.

Any new discoveries I would like to know. Feedback Please!

skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have diverticulitus. Had attacks, painful as hell. Ever since i started lifting, attacks not once