Registered User RubberDuckyBrah's Avatar
    RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) RubberDuckyBrah is just really nice. (+1000)

How do you keep a routine with severe depression?

I've been trying to seriously keep up with my schedule since last July but with school it is getting harder with school progressing

StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RubberDuckyBrah View Post
    I've been trying to seriously keep up with my schedule since last July but with school it is getting harder with school progressing
    if time is an issue.. how bout working out in the mornings before school? That way, you wont have to worry bout time pressure later in the day. As for dealing with depression... I've been there... but I'm not the right person to be giving you advice on that. However, just remember that even if everything seems to be going to s**t.. ..the gym is one part of your life that you CAN control... stay strong man... and use the gym as a release for you depression.
    ----------------------------------
    *collarbone fracture crew*
    *pescetarian crew*
    ---------
    ---

Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RubberDuckyBrah View Post
    Have you seen a psychologist yet? (serious)
    "Fork downs and plates pushes."

-Theapexxxx

++ Positive Crew ++

crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Requisite 101 View Post
    Have you seen a psychologist yet? (serious)
    This.

I started lifting a few months after I was diagnosed with clinical depression. Like I dropped out of school, wouldn't leave my room or shower for a week, was barely eating, 58kg at my height.
    Anyway my uncle is an ex-Australian Pro Champion bodybuilder and he convinced me to go to the gym with him once, so I did and I dunno what it was but I absolutely loved it, being able to let out emotion and put myself in a world of pain and improve myself.

needless to say, 2 years later I'm also 20kg heavier and still lifting, my motivation is skyhigh and my depression has passed, through the use of SSRI's (antidepressants, be careful and research them before you go on them. doctor neglected to inform me of some of the side effects) and I've pretty much returned to "normal" but I'm definitely a stronger person now, physically and mentally.

Hang in there mate

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dealing with depression is war, and you've got to treat it like one. You can't give an inch of ground. Every seemingly insignificant thing that you can do to improve your situation, strengthens you and weakens the depression; it doesn't matter if it's hard, you NEED to stick to whatever you're doing, it will help - in time.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

king617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Use weakness as strength

If there's something you feel that makes you weak try to use it as a boost. When I feel bad I usually workout . Sometimes I get depressed for no reason, but I try to do something that I enjoy such as working out. Try to channel your pain into your routine or do a set or two. At first for me at least I had to convince my self like a pup that's never walked up or down a set of stairs before. Time management is a pain, but just try to squeeze your workout in somewhere. Morning lunch or workout while you study. Every chapter equals to a set of pushups or bench press what ever floats your boat. Try to use your depression as motivation some people listen to music when there sad, I workout and listen to music. Get my drift, I hope this helps in some way.
    Last edited by king617; 10-13-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Corrections

Benii555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same thing at the beginning of last year, but i tried a lot of things about my schedule, when to workout... and finally i got sticked to one and from then i knew that the time of the workout which i decided is as important as school, so i cant miss it, and i have to go there... and every other things in my life has to adapt to that... so if i had a big test on the next day, i studied on the bus, and i used every other time before workout... and about the other thing... i see the gym as a relief, whenever i step in, i dont care about anything... i dont think about anything... because if i do, the workout would not go as i want, and then i would have one more problem... and it is really good i think to get away from all of your problems... and after it, though my everyday problems havent gone away, i feel better...

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    is your gym located close to your school?
    next semester if possible
    schedule in your gym time when you pick your classes ok?
    for example:
    I have a 9:00 class
    a 10:00 class
    no class from 11:00 to 2:00 this is my gym time

now if you do this and time no longer becomes the reason for your not going to the gym?
    then yes, I would encourage you to go in and talk to a counselor about it