Over the past two months I have got into the habbit of trying to get rid of my Pectus Excavatum. So far I believe it has worked, I wanna upload a few pictures showing you guys what I do then YOU guys to upload and see if it worked for you. To give everyone a sense of hope in getting rid of pectus excatum.
Firstly I want you to note of how flexible your rib cage actually is. For the same reason braces for your chest would work I imagine this will too. It will be a combination of going to the gym and breathing exercises. And eventually overtime the dent in your chest should gradually begin to look flatter and flatter. If you have a severe case I don't know how this will effect you cause as it stands I do not believe I have a severe case. And I am by no means a expert in this field, but i think what i'm doing is working.
I know alot of you say it's skeletal and nothing you can do will help. But over the course of the next few months I wanna see from you guys how much it can change.
1. First off to start this exercise, it's best to lie down I find other wise I feel really dizzy. But I start off by fully breathing in to the point where I cannot inhale any more air. Then I push my chest out to the point I feel the sense of pressure on my sternum. In my case it makes my chest appear flat. I keep repeating this exercise till I feel necessary. I have been doing this most days casually whilst sat in class or just watching TV.
2. For this you kinda have to be laid down, but similar to the first one I just breathe in slowly to my maximum chest capacity then arch my back upwards towards the ceiling making my chest pop out... Easy right?
1. Chest Fly. A quick YouTube search will solve this one for you. But I do a drop set of the heaviest weight I can manage. And I really like to let my Arms go far down so i can feel the stretch along my pecs.
2. Chest press (dumbell) Which same again needs a quick you tube search and I do the same again and try to get the stretch in my pecs.
3. Dumbell pull overs. Just lay flat and repeat what I said.
Now all this with a combination of good posture should begin to push your chest out, my dent is down to half and inch, Upload your pics of progress of your pectus excavatum aswell as the formation of your pec muscles.
Here's the pictures of mine so far.