Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sathane View Post
    That's just stupid. It is their JOB to wait on you and provide a good enough experience that you will return to the establishment and, if they aren't total twats, they'll get a small bonus for their good service.

When I walk into any place to spend my money I expect a certain standard of service whether a tip might be involved or not.
    I can say what you're saying is equally stupid. You expect someone to do an EQUALLY good job while getting paid much less. Do you understand what motivates people? If they know they get a decent tip for good service, they will work harder for the most part. If you wanna be cheap and stiff someone, what do you expect ongoing service to be like? It's gonna be sht. If I had a client who paid me half my normal wage, I'd either not help them, or give them absolute lowest priority.

It baffles me that there are people who still don't realize money makes the world go round.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dom1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    25. Tourists, please don’t tip 10% because you know you’ll never be back to this restaurant ever again. I have no words for people like you.

Lmao if I'm a tourist I'm not gonna tip you bish!
    Want to build a <$600 PC that can max any game?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146443603

Gaming PC for less than $400 + balancing of components:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148783303

Registered User TooLateForRoses's Avatar
    TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not going to argue my thoughts on tipping because I've done so in multiple tipping threads before, I'm just going to say most of the things on that list are common courtesy/respect and yes some of the points are overboard.

I would really like to point one thing out though.

It seems the majority of the misc community refuses to tip/thinks 10% is standard/15% is exceptional.

I think this is really funny. I'm currently a waiter, and prob will be until I get my degree next money. It's stressful and I hate the doubles but it's usually decent money, and I like some of the people I get to meet.

I average out my total sales to my total tips every night. On average its around 21-22% of my total sales. Sometimes more. 10% is not average. I'm not going to tell you how to tip, I'm just telling you what "average" is based on my average tips every night. People who really like me that I am able to give exceptional service to usually tip 25% or significantly more sometimes. The best tippers are often (not always) actually people around my age, which is what blows my mind the most about all the misc tip hate. You brahs must be mega poverty stricken, because most people around my age currently work in or have recently worked in a restaurant, and know what its like to run around all day, get fussed at for things that arent your fault, and be stressed in general for 14 hours straight to make nothing.

Very rarely do I get 10%. If anything it will be some 16 year olds or some kids around my age who I can tell are poverty stricken before they even sit down that all get waters and share 2 apps. And occasionally the dumb rednecks who drink 10 gallons of sweet tea and do everything they can to get something in their meal for free

Also, I say "lemme get a..." all the time. But I smile and say please and thank you, and tip good.

Also I love when people stack their plates for me. Save me a step.

cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyrtekz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    "Can I please have X"? Or "Can I have X, please"?
    is considered saying "yeah, il have a xxx" considered rude over there?

lol wat

waiter: so are you ready to order
    yeah il have the salmon please

whatisthisidonteven

Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    I can say what you're saying is equally stupid. You expect someone to do an EQUALLY good job while getting paid much less. Do you understand what motivates people? If they know they get a decent tip for good service, they will work harder for the most part. If you wanna be cheap and stiff someone, what do you expect ongoing service to be like? It's gonna be sht. If I had a client who paid me half my normal wage, I'd either not help them, or give them absolute lowest priority.

It baffles me that there are people who still don't realize money makes the world go round.
    Well, I guess your argument has at least some merit if you believe every person out there is just naturally a dick unless you pay them not to be.

Again, as mentioned by many other posters, they chose that job and are guaranteed minimum wage for whatever service they provide. Their incentive to treat their boss' customer's with respect is that their boss may decide to keep them around and continue signing cheques written out to them.

Tipping is done AFTER service is given, so treating your customer like **** unless they tip you well is kind of retarded, isn't it? Morons that walk around with the mentality you're describing are those über bitter kunts I see that treat everyone like crap because they don't think they'll get tipped as everyone is cheap when, in reality, those whiney ****s would be getting tipped very generously if they'd just crack a smile once in a while.
    ***Canadian Crew***
    ***WetBreasts Is Gonna Make It Crew***

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Again, as mentioned by many other posters, they chose that job and are guaranteed minimum wage for whatever service they provide. Their incentive to treat their boss' customer's with respect is that their boss may decide to keep them around as continue signing cheques written out to them.
    Everybody obviously does a minimum level of work so that they don't get fired, but tips are the compensation that servers are working for.

The restaurant wages don't even come into the equation.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fringey187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post

10% is not standard anywhere, except the past. And maybe some backwater, country bumpkin ****hole in the middle of a swamp.
    Oh really how about no other country apart from a pompous , self entitled thinking , egotistic retarded country like America actually partake in something as dumbfounding as tipping ?

No hate to my American brahs i love ya but this whole subject of tipping has rustled my jimmies ....

Why should we tip some dumb piece of **** waiter just for bringing our food or taking a order.. its there job , its what they get paid to ... seriously the logic of tipping is fuking ridiculous .. if we tip waiters then why don't we tip our mechanic or doctor or why not tip the fuking checkout clerk at say costco just because he or she scanned the ****ing items ...

Honestly like wtf .. brb going to get a video game oh lets just tip the clerk 15 percent because he put the game in a bag and told me how good it is ...

Next you pricks would tip some bitch just because she fuked right ...

Seriously and fuk you self entitled pricks .. oh i tip 20 /30 percent that means im a better person then you .. fuking twats ...

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, I guess your argument has at least some merit if you believe every person out there is just naturally a dick unless you pay them not to be.

Again, as mentioned by many other posters, they chose that job and are guaranteed minimum wage for whatever service they provide. Their incentive to treat their boss' customer's with respect is that their boss may decide to keep them around and continue signing cheques written out to them.

Tipping is done AFTER service is given, so treating your customer like **** unless they tip you well is kind of retarded, isn't it? Morons that walk around with the mentality you're describing are those über bitter kunts I see that treat everyone like crap because they don't think they'll get tipped as everyone is cheap when, in reality, those whiney ****s would be getting tipped very generously if they'd just crack a smile once in a while.
    not be a dick, but almost everyone working a grinding type job for someone else's company does just enough to not get fired - unless theres the promise of advancement or a bonus.. and what i mean about ****ty service, is imagine if hardly anyone tipped, and then you only end up with the bottom of the barrel type servers - your service would suck... today i tipped 3.50 on a 12.50 meal, which i figured was fair since they did a good job... by misc logic my tip should have been 'you want a tip? get a real fcking job, c*nt' then threw a toothpick at her as i put on my sunglasses and leave

Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Everybody obviously does a minimum level of work so that they don't get fired, but tips are the compensation that servers are working for.

The restaurant wages don't even come into the equation.
    I agree. But still there is that minimum level and it includes being attentive to your customers and treating them with respect. Your boss will not keep you around if you treat his clients like garbage as they won't return.

I tip extremely well, but if the waiter is rude and disrespectful I sure as **** am not rewarding them.
    ***Canadian Crew***

Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can make an equal argument that if you dont feel like you need to pay for people's time, you shouldnt be expecting good service
    Actually, I should be able to expect good service regardless of the pay system. If not, I can complain to management. And if management gets enough complaints regarding a certain employee, that employee either gets fired or the establishment's business suffers. Your argument is retarded.

not be a dick, but almost everyone working a grinding type job for someone else's company does just enough to not get fired - unless theres the promise of advancement or a bonus.. and what i mean about ****ty service, is imagine if hardly anyone tipped, and then you only end up with the bottom of the barrel type servers - your service would suck... today i tipped 3.50 on a 12.50 meal, which i figured was fair since they did a good job... by misc logic my tip should have been 'you want a tip? get a real fcking job, c*nt' then threw a toothpick at her as i put on my sunglasses and leave
    I can see both sides. Yes, they may be doing absolute minimums to keep their job unless they have the incentive to do better, however, there are many out there that are willing to do the same job, for the same guaranteed wage, but are willing to give that little extra effort to better their chances of being rewarded and to earn that probability for advancement.

I don't think people here are saying that you should spit on your waiter and give them nothing if they do a good job. The problem here is that far too many of these bitter waitstaff bitch and moan that they get no tips or that they aren't tipped whatever they feel they deserved while having nothing but contempt for the people that might have tipped them.
    In those cases, yes, if they aren't happy with the job they chose to take, they and everyone else would be ether off of they found a job where they might be happy, preferably one where they don't deal with people.
    Last edited by Sathane; 10-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    ***Canadian Crew***

I agree. But still there is that minimum level and it includes being attentive to your customers and treating them with respect. Your boss will not keep you around if you treat his clients like garbage as they won't return.

I tip extremely well, but if the waiter is rude and disrespectful I sure as **** am not rewarding them.
    no one will really care if theyre fired or not from a job that pays next to nothing... when they make more, theyre better employees/servers

maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000) maoriaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PervedOut View Post
    I've been in strip clubs with less rules and etiquette
    Nahhhh you don't say...
    Positive Vibes Crew

Originally Posted by Z49 View Post
    Actually, I should be able to expect good service regardless of the pay system. If not, I can complain to management. And if management gets enough complaints regarding a certain employee, that employee either gets fired or the establishment's business suffers. Your argument is retarded.
    Retarded how? Continue with your analogy. People get crap pay - they perform like crap - company fires and hires new ones. They put an ad in the paper for min wage, get crappy applicants who are idiots or jerks, and the cycle endlessly repeats. Yes I'm sure there are some people who will be happy with min. wage and work hard for it, but thats a TINY percent of people. The majority of people who work min. wage simply do not give a fck. I'd rather have people who made $15 an hour or so after tips and actually give a damn about their job, and perform accordingly. I'm sure in your fantasy world everyone who works for $7 an hour is an all-star, over-achieving employee, but thats simply not how it works.

esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) esp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Jimmies rustled everywhere.

Lol @ someone who writes down food items, delivers it to the kitchen and carries food / drink back to a table have a list of demands. STFU, you are unskilled labour.

jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Still going to blow my nose and not tip. u mad?
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Geral Dean is my Hero Crew
    Always take the penis out da pussy before I cum crew
    AP will get laid by 2017 crew

629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000) 629 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol jakes on her she's a fuking waitress. lol at thinking anyone admires her "profession".

no one will really care if theyre fired or not from a job that pays next to nothing... when they make more, theyre better employees/servers
    Really? Then why are they bothering to come to work at all?

Finding another job is difficult and time consuming during which time they'll have no money.

You just kind of made my argument for me there and I'm completely fine with your conclusion.
    If they are ****ty waiters and don't care about losing their job, great! Eventually they'll get themselves all fired, through some ****ed up version of employment-based natural selection, and we'll all be left with wait staff that actually work harder to earn a reward then just expect it to be given simply for existing.
    Last edited by Sathane; 10-08-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    ***Canadian Crew***

bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bpatel82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmcdizzle44 View Post
    Still going to blow my nose and not tip. u mad?
    This ^. Strong sense of entitlement for waiters these days...

Really? Then why are they bothering to come to work at all?

Finding another job is difficult and time consuming during which time they'll have no money.

You just kind of made my argument for me there and I'm completely find with your conclusion.
    If they are ****ty waiters and don't care about losing their job, great! Eventually they'll get themselves all fired, through some ****ed up version of employment-based natural selection, and we'll all be left with wait staff that actually work harder to earn a reward then just expect it to be given simply for existing.
    yes, this is why walmart and gas station employees are exemplary - minimum wage eventually brings about the best employees possible.. in fact, why doesnt every business use this model? lower everyones wages and take away all bonuses - eventually youll end up with people who are happy with that job and will work for next to nothing... you realize thats what youre advocating, right? lets see how well that works in the real world

JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100)

dumb bish waitress I'll treat you how i want
    cold shower crew

jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PervedOut View Post
    I thought it was hilarious there is one hundred things we should obey, as to not upset our foodstaff overlords.
    This and whutthefuk is wrong with a 10% tip? Bitch, **** you. Acting like an entitled hobo now...
    ***No Breathe Crew (test levels through the roof)***

***No Eat Crew***

***0 test crew (up from negative)***

And, again, this is because of people with their sense of entitlement. If you're going to by a whiney miserable kunt because you refuse to not be a pompous bitch to your boss' clients in order to earn yourself more money (which, incidentally would solve the issue turning you into a whiney ****er in the first place), then do yourself and everyone around you a favour and get lost. Seriously, there are MANY out there willing to put in an honest effort to earn their wage and aren't completely retarded enough to realize that their attitude towards their clients is directly related the the amount of money they will take home at the end of the day.

Let bitter kunts be bitter kunts and we can continue to have laughs at their expense because they simply don't get it. Fix your attitude and things will be much better.
    ***Canadian Crew***

Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Z49 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Retarded how? Continue with your analogy. People get crap pay - they perform like crap - company fires and hires new ones. They put an ad in the paper for min wage, get crappy applicants who are idiots or jerks, and the cycle endlessly repeats. Yes I'm sure there are some people who will be happy with min. wage and work hard for it, but thats a TINY percent of people. The majority of people who work min. wage simply do not give a fck. I'd rather have people who made $15 an hour or so after tips and actually give a damn about their job, and perform accordingly. I'm sure in your fantasy world everyone who works for $7 an hour is an all-star, over-achieving employee, but thats simply not how it works.
    Take my order. Give me my food. Make sure my glasses are filled. And do it professionally or else you might risk your job. Oh, whooptie-f@ckin'-doo. Restaurants really need a renaissance man for that. I don't need waiters to lick my @ss just in case the chicken parmesan gives me diarhea, but I do ask that they do their job. I don't know how much more simple it can be. Believe it or not, there are people who still have good work ethic. The current environment that the serving industry has created for these waiters/waitresses however have made these ******s into entitled douches.

ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000) ckbe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't think I've ever been in a restaurant where a waiter/waitress/server did their job properly.

EDIT: Except Burger King. But not McDonalds.. that place always gets something wrong.. or something cold.. dumb phucks
    Admit it, I have jimmied your rustles, haven't I?

deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ahh, the classic "I'm in the industry" line. Where other career waitress big shots flex their muscle as the movers and shakers of the career waitressing world.
    The D.E.N.N.I.S. system:

Demonstrate value
    Engage physically
    Nurture dependence
    Neglect emotionally
    Inspire hope
    Separate entirely

Take my order. Give me my food. Make sure my glasses are filled. And do it professionally or else you might risk your job. Oh, whooptie-f@ckin'-doo. Restaurants really need a renaissance man for that. I don't need waiters to lick my @ss just in case the chicken parmesan gives me diarhea, but I do ask that they do their job. I don't know how much more simple it can be. Believe it or not, there are people who still have good work ethic. The current environment that the serving industry has created for these waiters/waitresses however have made these ******s into entitled douches.
    Well I can tell you have no incentive to perform well at your own job other than the threat of being fired.

Well I can tell you have no incentive to perform well at your own job other than the threat of being fired.
    I'm self-emlpoyed now. But my work ethic is what drove me to do well at my hourly-wage jobs before. Sorry how that concept is alien to you.

Who said I was advocating anything? I'm certainly not advocating the bull****, overblown, doomsday scenario you laid out above. In fact, I didn't say a single bit of that horse ****.

Ahh.. I see what you're doing there. You've realized that your argument is so fundamentally ****ed and retarded that you've decided to make up some insane bull**** right there and then criticism my reasoning based on your fairy tale? Pretty dumb if you ask me. Scroll up and read what the real issue is here.

I'll Cliff it for you:

- Self entitled princess waitress makes a list of 100 things her boss' clients should do in order to be granted the honour of being brought a dish of food by her
    - You state that wait staff are justified in being *******s because they should have an incentive (aside from keeping their jobs and actually earning an income) and therefore should ALWAYS be tipped.
    - You are shown your argument is retarded, many times.
    - You flail in an attempt to make a non-existent point based on bull****.
    - Misc laughs.

No one said they think every other job/career/whatever should change at all because of a bunch of sandy twat waiters getting their panties in a twist because they suck at their job and think they should be rewarded for mediocrity. In fact, everyone is pretty much telling them to man the **** up because the world doesn't revolve around them.

And, for the record, the staff at my local gas station, auto repair shop, fast food establishments, laundromat, etc., are always very polite, helpful, and go out of their way to give exceptional service. I've tipped none of them and am a regular. :P So, again, your argument is horse****.
    ***Canadian Crew***

I'm self-emlpoyed now. But my work ethic is what drove me to do well at my hourly-wage jobs before. Sorry how that concept is alien to you.
    It's completely alien if there's no chance at upward advancement or bonus, but every job I've had has had that. Servers don't have that, hence why it's a tipping industry. If you love working hard to make someone else rich with no benefit to yourself, then cool, have at it. I like knowing I benefit immediately from a job well done, and I keep my customers happy and coming back.