raphajo11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Workout for 15 year old boy

I'm a 15 year old boy who is new to lifting. Right now I can't go to the gym and all I have is two 4kg dumbbells (I know there light). I created my own workout and am wondering if it will help me gain any mass (I don't wanna do squats or dead lifts as they might stunt my growth). I also want to know if my workout targets all body parts.

WORKOUT (all exercises 3x10-20)
    Monday chest and triceps

Skull crushers
    Close grip dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell fly
    Bodyweight push-ups

Tuesday bicep, back and forearms

Dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell wrist curl
    Dumbbell reverse wrist curl
    Hammer curls
    Bicep curls
    Concentration curls

Wednesday-rest

Thursday shoulders and Calfs

Seated single leg dumbbell calf raise
    Standing single leg dumbbell calf raise
    Dumbbell reverse calf raise
    Dumbbell lateral raise
    Dumbbell upright row
    Dumbbell front raise
    Dumbbell shrug

Friday thighs and abs

Crunch
    Plank
    Russian twist
    Leg raise
    Dumbbell lunge (back and side)
    Dumbbell hamstring curls
    Dumbbell hip abduction

Saturday and Sunday-rest

I also have a rowing machine at home, should I use it and how often.

Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Go to the gym or get heavier weights. I don't think your going to accomplish much with 4kg dumb bells. Also, start your workout with the larger parts first, so instead of starting with skull crushers start with your dumb bell bench press.

Originally Posted by raphajo11 View Post
    (I don't wanna do squats or dead lifts as they might stunt my growth). I also want to know if my workout targets all body parts.
    They won't stunt your growth if you're doing it right...
    Repping Gooners on sight
    AVI from 2014

adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adamooo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Apart from the above mentioned workouts jst try to do agility and functional training which will help u in developing your range of motion which will be good for injury prevention.

WORKOUT (all exercises 3x10-20)
    Monday chest and triceps

Skull crushers
    Close grip dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell fly
    Bodyweight push-ups

Tuesday bicep, back and forearms

Dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell wrist curl
    Dumbbell reverse wrist curl
    Hammer curls
    Bicep curls
    Concentration curls

Wednesday-rest

Thursday shoulders and Calfs

Seated single leg dumbbell calf raise
    Standing single leg dumbbell calf raise
    Dumbbell reverse calf raise
    Dumbbell lateral raise
    Dumbbell upright row
    Dumbbell front raise
    Dumbbell shrug

Friday thighs and abs

Crunch
    Plank
    Russian twist
    Leg raise
    Dumbbell lunge (back and side)
    Dumbbell hamstring curls
    Dumbbell hip abduction

Saturday and Sunday-rest

I also have a rowing machine at home, should I use it and how often.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Beerto View Post
    Go to the gym or get heavier weights. I don't think your going to accomplish much with 4kg dumb bells.
    What could I do to maximise muscle growth with 4 kilo dumbbells?

KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrulWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's only so much you can do. Eventually, your body will adapt to that weight and your progress will halt, thus the need for heavier weights/gym membership.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not much. Resistance is too light for anything except isolation work like L-fly, lateral raises etc.

Just bodyweight stuff like pushups etc would do a lot more.

Your bodyweight is 52kg.

Pushups use half your bodyweight, say 26kg.

So when you can do lots of pushups in good form, you are getting a lot more stimulation than you'd get from benching little dumbbells.

Dips on parallel bars(or trestles) use your whole weight.

Bodyweight squats use your whole bodyweight.

Rack chins* use half your bodyweight. They are a good way to build up strength for real chins.

Chinups use your whole bodyweight. When you can do lots of them, the stimulation is much greater than any kind of row with little dumbbells, no matter what the volume.

While you save up for a secondhand 300lb barbell set, you can do a ton of pushups, dips, rack chins, chin, bodyweight squats.

Work up 'til you can do a set of a hundred deep bodyweight squats. You sit right down on your calves as you inhale. Power up like a piston as you exhale. You can hold those little dumbbells when you are good at it. That will add a total of 8kg to the 52kg resistance of your weight.

By then, if you are not afraid to eat, you might be a lot more than 52kg.

Since you are growing, it is ridiculous to restrict calories, unless you want to stop growing. So eat anything that isn't locked away. Drink lots of milk. Billions of baby mammals can't be wrong. Build up tolerance by adding a glass regularly until you are drinking a glass or two with every meal. A spoon of real live plain yogurt daily will help you digest a lot of milk.

*You lie on the ground under a bar fixed horizontally at arms length. You pull yourself up to the bar like a bench press in reverse.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    While you save up for a secondhand 300lb barbell set, you can do a ton of pushups, dips, rack chins, chin, bodyweight squats.
    I can do push-ups ,chin and pull ups crunches and sit-ups pretty well. I can do body weight squats to but I'm a bit anxious as people have said they can stunt your growth

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can do push-ups ,chin and pull ups crunches and sit-ups pretty well. I can do body weight squats to but I'm a bit anxious as people have said they can stunt your growth
    Bollocks.

Bodyweight squats will help turn a mouse into to a man, if you do serious reps.

Couldn't possibly stunt your growth. It is only your bodyweight. Your legs are designed to move that around all day every day. You are just increasing the ROM(range of motion) to make them much better and stronger.

Worrying about fat and restricting calories, especially from natural fat and protein, is the main thing that will stunt your growth.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're worried about stunting your growth then I would look into body weight training and body weight plyometrics. A growing body will not be hurt by running around and having impacts from jumping. It'll actually help to strengthen the bones up and prepare you for when you start lifting heavy. Find a good plyo routine that involves jumping, BW exercises, and agility work and do that for a while. If you want to have fun with it you could go outside and climb a tree a couple times.
    Michael Jordan lifted every day...

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153429181

PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a total myth that working out will stunt your growth. If this were true the Midwest would be full of short people from pitching haybales as kids :P

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PriceySocks View Post
    It's a total myth that working out will stunt your growth. If this were true the Midwest would be full of short people from pitching haybales as kids :P
    I know a lot of short and stocky farmers..
    Michael Jordan lifted every day...

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153429181

TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDeck3295 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You hit biceps harder than chest, back and legs...wut

Get a gym membership please. 4kg is way too light for most of your movements, even as a beginner. Flys and rear delt raises, sure. But shrugs and bench with 4kg? Progressive overload is your friend, sir, and you definitely will see better benefits in a gym. Squats and deadlifts won't stunt your growth unless you Goodmorning the weight up on your squats...
    (Recovering from a partially torn Rotator)
    Lifts: Start/Current/Goal by 2015
    Bench: 165/305/360
    Squat: 185/435/505
    Deadlift: 225/460/535

Total: 575/1200/1400

"Take nothing for granted and enjoy life as a whole, the ups and downs, its all part of the ride and makes us who we are"
    -saffaBRAH

Just started a log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148821363&p=962164303#post962164303

My transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146502403

Rambole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your in highschool still go to the school gym at lunch time and kill it also eat until your full pretty much

My school doesn't have a gym. I've decided to do some weight training but also some body weight training

With the body weight training what exercises should I do and how many reps and sets should I do to gain mass

With the body weight training what exercises should I do and how many reps and sets should I do to gain mass
    I told you what exercises to do.

Aim for a hundred reps in everything. Doesn't matter how many sets it takes you to get there at the start. But when you get stronger, it will take fewer sets.

If you get 20 sets x 5 reps in pushups, and get to 10 x 10, and then improve that to 5 x 20 and then 2 x 50, you have got stronger.

When you can do 10 x 10 dead hang chins with no kipping or swinging, and the same for dips, you will begin to have good upper body strength.

When you can do 1 x 100 bodyweight deep squats, you'll be getting somewhere. And you'll feel the need to increase the resistance when it becomes easy. That's why they invented barbells.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

I read on a few sites that a new study says you can gain mass with light weights as long as you do each set to fatigue (I know this will take a long time with 4kg dumbbells). Do u guys think this technique will work though to build mass

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I read on a few sites that a new study says you can gain mass with light weights as long as you do each set to fatigue (I know this will take a long time with 4kg dumbbells). Do u guys think this technique will work though to build mass
    Sorry Raph but 4kg just isn't going to do a darn thing. I carry a 20kg kid in my arm all day long, he started at 4kg(!) 2 years ago, and there's been no change in size.

4kg is just too light. It's way too light even for petite women. Seriously, unless you are an elderly person or have arthritis or something, don't waste your time and utilize your bodyweight instead.