Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Alcohol and Bodybuilding

Hey all, I don't know too much about this but have seen that alcohol and bodybuilding don't mix. Is this true?

Also, what are some good low calorie beverages?

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like everything, moderation is key.
    Yo momma's research methodology is so flawed...

RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JakeSim View Post
    Hey all, I don't know too much about this but have seen that alcohol and bodybuilding don't mix. Is this true?

Also, what are some good low calorie beverages?
    In moderation, it won't affect your gains. Some people would even fit alcohol into macros, though going out on weekly benders and binge drinking is a different story and has all kinds of health issues.

Cordials, crystal light, diet soda, water :P

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do a search. It is discussed often. Before you make threads, do a search...
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks all. Any other suggestions for drinks would be wonderful. I'm not really lookin for mixes. Just straight up drinks I can get at the store.

Thanks!

Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Evrything in excess is harmful... also see this

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html
    "There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. "
    Hippocrates

--♥♥--♥♥--TEAM MISC BIG C SUPPORT GROUP--♥♥--♥♥--

** GreekyBeth Appreciation Crew **

I'm looking at Zinfandel wine. Is this any good?

Also, question. I'm a nub to alcohol but even if I fit the alcohol in my calories will it affect my weight and/or definition?

theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One of these every day or two..

I've picked up a bad habit lately (drink liquor every night, 5-10 drinks) but my body hasn't gotten much bigger, nor smaller/weaker... i've stayed the same 180 lbs over the past year. I'd probably have a few lbs more of muscle if I only drank like once a week but such a small difference

1 shot of vodka is around 60 calories, chase it with some diet soda with 0 calories and you can easily have a few drinks. But some say any alcohol is catabolic, not just beer, but not sure if it's 100% true
    Misc jawbrah appreciation crew
    Amanda Todd was pretty cute crew
    Friendzon'd by my own aunt crew
    Eats fast as fuk crew

Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gildan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you get drunk, you don't eat much (while being drunk), you piss like a madman and you don't drink at all
    and you probably won't sleep so good at night...
    don't forget that alchohols are empty carbs, drinking alchohol while bulking will just add to your fat gains...

it basically ruins your rest between workouts

Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Geoloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gildan View Post
    When you get drunk, you don't eat much (while being drunk), you piss like a madman and you don't drink at all
    don't forget that alchohols are empty carbs, drinking alchohol while bulking will just add to your fat gains...

care to elaborate?
    "There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. "
    Hippocrates

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Geoloop View Post
    care to elaborate?
    Must have meant empty calories I hope....

Then Chew it!

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

Hmmmm, that is why there is fast food places open all night beside nightclubs and do be full for hours? People tend to eat more when drinking.

Then Chew it!

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Disagree. A huge problem with people drinking too much is the immense hunger that usually results in binging on a takeawayl

theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'm the opposite of most people, I don't eat very much when drinking. When I'm full of liquor and soda, my stomach doesn't really want food, kind of throw-up feeling. But I definitely like to eat before going to bed, really helps any hangover feeling.

I barely even get hungover after drinking a lot. Every few drinks, i'll chug a glass of water (another reason I dont want to eat), and then before bed i'll chug a glass. I'll wake up to pee in the middle of the night, chug another glass or water.

hangover.. not even once
    Eats fast as fuk crew

Originally Posted by theculture View Post
    I'm the opposite of most people, I don't eat very much when drinking. When I'm full of liquor and soda, my stomach doesn't really want food, kind of throw-up feeling. But I definitely like to eat before going to bed, really helps any hangover feeling.

I barely even get hungover after drinking a lot. Every few drinks, i'll chug a glass of water (another reason I dont want to eat), and then before bed i'll chug a glass. I'll wake up to pee in the middle of the night, chug another glass or water.

hangover.. not even once
    When I drink, I consciously make a decision that I'm not going to eat, as I eat all my food prior to drinking and leave remaining calories for alcohol. But back when I didn't care I could eat a huge amount. Now it's the next day where I overeat.

Then Chew it!

Well I ended up getting Jack Daniel's Whiskey "something" sour and coke zero. Is this good?

If I stay below maintenance I'm fine right? Sorry, complete nub to drinking and I'm worry about the affect on my body visually haha.

Well I ended up getting Jack Daniel's Whiskey "something" sour and coke zero. Is this good?

If I stay below maintenance I'm fine right? Sorry, complete nub to drinking and I'm worry about the affect on my body visually haha.
    You'll wake up looking looking leaner tomorrow. JD and coke is nice IMO, but you got to experiment and find drinks you like yourself.

Then Chew it!

i'd much rather gain a couple lbs of fat (over months) and drink what I want than to worry about a few calories. 4 shots would only run you around 240 calories

as long as your diet is in check, and you still lift, you should be fine brah. Is what would get you are those heavy 200+ calorie beers, usually higher alcohol (7-10%)... drink a 6 pack.. can hit over 1200 cals
    Eats fast as fuk crew

Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    You'll wake up looking looking leaner tomorrow. JD and coke is nice IMO, but you got to experiment and find drinks you like yourself.
    Seriously or sarcasm? :P hard to tell over text

Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charontes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is in check, and you still lift, you should be fine brah. Is what would get you are those heavy 200+ calorie beers, usually higher alcohol (7-10%)... drink a 6 pack.. can hit over 1200 cals
    Damn, I never looked up the calories in my beer. Bridgeport Hop Czar has 210 calories per 12oz. No wonder I got fat even eating healthy and relatively low cal.

i'd much rather gain a couple lbs of fat (over months) and drink what I want than to worry about a few calories. 4 shots would only run you around 240 calories

as long as your diet is in check, and you still lift, you should be fine brah. Is what would get you are those heavy 200+ calorie beers, usually higher alcohol (7-10%)... drink a 6 pack.. can hit over 1200 cals
    Also, I didn't do the low fat thing today. Already at 79g fat but still got like 450 cals left and just need like 10 more g of protein and the rest can go to the alocohol. But even with that high fat I should be good?

jpgreen654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not so much the nutrition of the beer. More the lowering of inhibitions that it brings & the hangover that will affect you. For example if u drink too much the night before you won't get enough sleep and can miss workouts or skip meals. You can also get dehydrated easily which is terrible for bb. In moderation try drinking 1-2 glasses of red wine, or drink a few light beers (I prefer fat tire b/c it tastes great and is low calorie).

Also, I didn't do the low fat thing today. Already at 79g fat but still got like 450 cals left and just need like 10 more g of protein and the rest can go to the alocohol. But even with that high fat I should be good?
    You'll be fine. Even if you go over your calories, just do some cardio tomorrow and/or lower calories slightly.

And I was serious before. Alcohol dehydrates you so generally when you wake up in the morning you'll look leaner, depending on if you ate while drinking or what you drank.

Then Chew it!

You'll be fine. Even if you go over your calories, just do some cardio tomorrow and/or lower calories slightly.

And I was serious before. Alcohol dehydrates you so generally when you wake up in the morning you'll look leaner, depending on if you ate while drinking or what you drank.
    As you may of seen in my other threads. I am very obsessive and could use some psychiatric help when it comes down to how and what I eat so just by mixing my drink and drinking the rest of the coke zero has me think I'm gonna lose what I got. :/

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. One ounce of Jack Daniels Sour Mash is 65 cals? Only did 4.4oz total and have it prepped for the night with my coke zero.

Plus on top of it I ate a full container of mild salsa today! Only 5 calories per 32g :P.
    Last edited by JakeSim; 10-06-2012 at 01:03 PM.

acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acarlson985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are going to be that strict about it might as well just not drink and save yourself the regret. Drinking is about relaxing and having a good time watching the game and/or hanging out with friends/family. An extra couple drinks every once in a while is not going to affect your bodybuilding goals in any measurable way. Like the above posters said, moderation is key!

Question. I know Coke Zero has 0 calories, but should I add calories from regular coke anyway. I just feel like it's too good to be true to have no effect on your body from calories. >.<

Question. I know Coke Zero has 0 calories, but should I add calories from regular coke anyway. I just feel like it's too good to be true to have no effect on your body from calories. >.<
    Just drink what you like and if is gonna be a regular weekly thing, fit it in your macros, otherwise just let it go...
    Hippocrates

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do a search. It is discussed often. Before you make threads, do a search...
    He never does and never will

Just search by JakeSim and threads created in the past 2 months

He was a red troll except a mod repped him
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ionized10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Usually dry white wine is the lowest in terms of calories.

No, because it has what, 0.5kcal per 'serving'?