jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MY leg+shld Day is too long, but its all important I don't know what to ditch.

Squat 3 sets
    Lunges 2 sets each side
    Straight leg Deadlifts 2 sets
    Military press 3 sets (I get another shouldder workout in on other another day)
    Leg press ss calves 2 sets (I do the legpress, then calves, 1 minute rest calves again then real rest. Repeat)
    leg Exentions 2
    Leg Curls 2
    7 minutes on Abs 1 minute crunch,2 minute plank rest, 1 min reverse crunch, 2 min plank

Its just too long to be in the gym. What would you ditch? Or should i just man up. I only have time for 3 45 min sessions a week.

I was doing well until i realised I needed SLDL for the posterior chain and was coping until someone pointed out i need lunges whicj makes sense to me as i need a lot of strength and stablitly in my knees for sport.

MUCH RESPECT for any help.
    My PB's (1 rep max calculations) Goals are the oldschool standards relative to my goal bodyweight of 170

OHP 167 (goal is 170)
    Bench 256 (goal was 255)
    Squat 323 (goal is 340)
    DeadLift 443 (goal was 425)
    Chins BW x 19 (goal was 15)
    Dips BW x 25 (goal was 15)

Charliedurrant.com

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ditch Legs extensions and leg curls

I would also change the order to
    squat
    leg press
    lunge
    sldl
    press
    calves
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreybungle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by batman37 View Post
    ditch Legs extensions and leg curls

I would also change the order to
    squat
    leg press
    lunge
    sldl
    press
    calves
    Interesting. I was thinking of ditching the Leg press and adding in Calves as a superset with lunges ( i get calves in . I suppose Doing the lunges covers what you'd get form Leg ext/leg curls... Thanks for the input! Also is there a reason for not doing it Squat, Lunge, Leg press? At least that way I wont loose the power rack.
    My PB's (1 rep max calculations) Goals are the oldschool standards relative to my goal bodyweight of 170

OHP 167 (goal is 170)
    Bench 256 (goal was 255)
    Squat 323 (goal is 340)

Charliedurrant.com

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jeffreybungle View Post
    Interesting. I was thinking of ditching the Leg press and adding in Calves as a superset with lunges ( i get calves in . I suppose Doing the lunges covers what you'd get form Leg ext/leg curls... Thanks for the input! Also is there a reason for not doing it Squat, Lunge, Leg press? At least that way I wont loose the power rack.
    My reasoning behind Squat, leg press, lunge, sldl was as follows:
    You can go all out on the leg press and really push yourself, doing this after the squats should completely decimate your legs. Didn't factor in the power rack for lunges because after the leg press you should be almost ready to go, lunges shouldn't be that heavy unless you are a monster. SLDL last to finish off what is left of the hams and glutes and give them a nice stretch.

You can do it any way you wish though.
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

MY leg+shld Day is too long, but its all important I don't know what to ditch.

Doesn't look long to me at all.

You should see what I do in a couple hours.

You don't have to be in a gym to do little stuff like abs and calves, seriously. You are taking time away from stuff that makes you strong and muscular, and giving it to little stuff you can do at home.

Eg I did 9 mins of calves without a break on my homemade setup last night.

Lunges qualify as little stuff. They are great for addressing imbalances etc, and good for your balance and stability. But when Ronnie is finished squatting, pyramiding up to eight plates, he does his famous walking lunge with only one or two plates, and it is still alpha.

You can do high rep lunges with bodyweight whenever, instead of taking time away from stuff in the gym that makes you big and strong.

Do your low rep warmup sets ramping up to your three heavy sets of squats. You could do a downset or two of high reps after(I do 5 x 10 at the mo').

You do your couple or few sets of high rep STIFF LEG DEAD(legs "athletically straight" but knees unlocked). 20 rep sets are good.

You do your leg curls and extensions for a couple or few sets of 20 reps.

Lift WELL and prosper.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jeffreybungle View Post
    You don't need a power rack for lunges, they're more of a finishing lift. squats followed by leg press will fry your legs.

Squats
    leg press
    SLDL
    lunge.
    OG

JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayC43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats not that high volume of a workout, so maybe stop resting so long rather than take away exercises. Plus just take away the leg curls and extensions for more squats and RDL's. your legs will thank you

Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is my leg workout, try it, you'll love it

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jon1.htm

I throw in at the end:

Barbell Lunges - 3 sets 8-10 reps
    Cal raises - 3 sets 12-15 reps

And I can get that done in 45 min.

Good luck

Awesome thanks everybody for the input. Its all a bit conflicting but the general is keep the leg press and for get the leg curls (if trying to keep it under 45 mins which i am)

I think I'll go with that and on days when I feel like staying longer i will add them in. Or do them on a rare day 4.

OHP 167 (goal is 170)
    Bench 256 (goal was 255)
    Squat 323 (goal is 340)

Charliedurrant.com