BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Starting strength, how important is it?

Ripple toe's SS, and SS in general has been stressed with great importance on here, but how many of you had actually started with a SS program the first time you started lifting?

My current workout is split into Chest/Tri Back/Bi Leg/abs Rest
    I mean that is decent, but I want to know how it compares to a SS program, and the differences in results.

Is SS a more slower process? faster? more effective? I know it's more about building strength up but, how much gains do you get? vs a regular hypotrophy based workout?

I just kind of want more of your opinion about SS, stuff that isn't mentioned in the stickies.
    Because I am considering just revamping the way I workout and stick with the basic SS, I want to hear your experiences, and is SS something most people know about/begin with?

And is there any Bro science about SS's that I should know about?
    Yes i'm aware that a bear is not a bison.

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BlueBison17 View Post
    Ripple toe's SS, and SS in general has been stressed with great importance on here, but how many of you had actually started with a SS program the first time you started lifting?

I mean that is decent, but I want to know how it compares to a SS program, and the differences in results.

Is SS a more slower process? faster? more effective? I know it's more about building strength up but, how much gains do you get? vs a regular hypotrophy based workout?

I just kind of want more of your opinion about SS, stuff that isn't mentioned in the stickies.
    Because I am considering just revamping the way I workout and stick with the basic SS, I want to hear your experiences, and is SS something most people know about/begin with?

Diet is what gets you bigger.
    Follow my Workout log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156251783
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    |5'4"|160lbs|12%BF|18 years|
    BB Full Squat 1rm: 425lbs
    BB Deadlift 1rm: 475lbs
    Bench Press 1rm: 275lbs
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    starting strength is completely based on progressive overload in a simple way (adding weight to the bar) which is easy for new lifters to understand
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess you don't have shoulders, OP?
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Bert1234 is just really nice. (+1000)

If your goal is mass, don't waste time with SS or any of its variations. Not worth it.

Just get on a good upper/lower or push/pull/legs, etc. Something with higher reps and a bit more volume.

BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueBison17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Unfocus View Post
    Diet is what gets you bigger.
    yeah, it's like more than half of the determining factor of how much you gain, but lifting and rest is equally as important.
    I was just wondering if a ss type workout would yield better results, and be better use of my time at the gym, vs something that i'm doing right now.

Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    I guess you don't have shoulders, OP?
    ha like super defined/large ball like shoulders? or something as impressive as yours? if that's the case then no not really.
    you get a cookie for guessing right though.

Originally Posted by Bert1234 View Post
    If your goal is mass, don't waste time with SS or any of its variations. Not worth it.

Just get on a good upper/lower or push/pull/legs, etc. Something with higher reps and a bit more volume.
    well yeah getting big is the idea, but in order for that to happen i'm going to need to be able to lift more.
    my question is if going on a SS type workout lets me increase the load I can work with more often/quickly vs traditional hyptrophy workouts.

not worth it? do explain. curious.

JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JanusKinase2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since natural bodybuilding is really a joke, I'd consider building a decent strength base before moving on to any bodybuilding-focused routine.

IE sbd 3/2/4 plate lifts (x5).
    Skip the SS, do a 5x5 routine.

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ha like super defined/large ball like shoulders? or something as impressive as yours? if that's the case then no not really.
    you get a cookie for guessing right though.
    Lol thanks but I meant, I didn't see any shoulders in your current routine.
    As for SS...Idk, I never did it. I don't think it's far superior to any other beginning routine - just pick one and stick with it.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    Lol thanks but I meant, I didn't see any shoulders in your current routine.
    As for SS...Idk, I never did it. I don't think it's far superior to any other beginning routine - just pick one and stick with it.
    welcome
    haha no worries, I do have shoulders, ususally either on back/bi day or maybe leg day

Originally Posted by JanusKinase2 View Post
    Since natural bodybuilding is really a joke, I'd consider building a decent strength base before moving on to any bodybuilding-focused routine.

IE sbd 3/2/4 plate lifts (x5).
    Skip the SS, do a 5x5 routine.
    sbd? sorry don't know all the terms, and if you know any stellar/solid 5x5 workout routines, do let me know
    thanks