rover7895 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Claiming refunds from personal trainers

Hi people.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask for advice, but any help from personal trainers would be appreciated.

The question is.. What kind of procedure would I have to go through to claim a refund from a personal trainer?

I first joined my gym a few months ago, they booked me in for an induction with one of their personal trainers, who then talked me in to three further training sessions for £90, I had to pay the full sum after my first session.
    I then had an injury, so I contacted the trainer to tell him I would let him know when I was recovered, in which I did a few weeks later, the problem is.. he left the gym shortly after the initial training session and did not answer any of my phone-calls, texts or emails.
    I got in touch with my gym about this and they said it was nothing to do with them, as of course any training sessions were between the trainer and trainee.

A few months later, I noticed on my ********'s 'Friend Suggestions' that the trainer was listed, so I mailed him asking for a possible refund, again no reply and it seems he's now blocked me.

Would there be any possible way of claiming my £60 back? I know it was a bit stupid of me to pay someone cash in hand without any proof of receipt, but at the time you think that these kind of things won't happen and the personal trainers are all honest.

Thanks for reading.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like he was self-employed at the gym, rather than employed by them.

If employed by the gym, then the gym would need to offer you some PT sessions - they wouldn't necessarily have to give you your money back.

If self-employed, then again, he'd need to offer you some PT sessions. Since a trainer going to another gym would be very glad to have old clients follow them there, that he didn't reply suggests that he's no longer a PT. In which case, your money is gone, sorry. However, if he's left the industry it's probably because he's not very good, so you paid 60 quid to miss dealing with an idiot, which I consider money well spent.

Next time, work with someone established, been there for years, preferably someone employed directly by the gym rather than self-employed, and get a receipt.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Did you pay the gym or the trainer directly? And did you sign a contract or just agree to the three sessions? If you paid the gym, then they probably have another trainer you could work with. If you paid him directly he probably is just going to rip you off. Since he is obviously avoiding you I think you have your answer there. If he's not working there any more he likely sucks as a trainer and got fired and now is just keeping your money.

If that is the case I'd threaten to blow up his ******** if you found him on there telling people that he ripped you off if he keeps avoiding you. Nothing hurts a trainer more than bad publicity, just like any small business.

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is why getting all the details in writing is a MUST. Look at your contract (you should have one) does it say anything about sessions missed? If anything you may have a contract case that he would be breach on; but this is a stretch.

Sorry, I think the best course for this is one is to be thankful it wasent more, and go on your merry way.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

rover7895 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No there was no contract and paying cash in hand, in good faith, is pretty common-place at the gym too, it is a nationwide gym and the personal trainers all wear the gym's uniform.

Good point KyleAaron, I didn't rate his sessions at all, he didn't have much idea about nutrition and he over-worked me in my first session, as I couldn't even move my left arm for four days after, which was wasted potential gym-time as far as I was concerned.

I would blow up his ******** if he hadn't blocked me, I can't even find the *&%! now.

Many thanks for your replies.