DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A few tips needed, new working out?

Okay, I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, 36 waist. 17 years old. Sick and tired of being fat, and not wearing clothes I want to wear, feeling self conscious all the time, and more. I'm going to change myself, as I've realized life will be better. My goal is to lose like 25 lbs or so, and get a nice, lean, slim body with a size 31 waist. I wanna be lean with a low body fat. I've read the stickies, but still have a few questions. I was thinking of structuring my workouts like this:
    Monday: Chest and tris, followed by 30 mins treadmill (or until I burn 200-250 cals)
    Tuesday: Just cardio, hit the treadmill and bike for 40-50 mins.
    Wednesday: Soccer for 2 hours.
    Thursday: Legs , followed by 20-30 mins on the stationary bike.
    Friday: Chest Tris and Shoulders, followed by 30 mins on the tread.
    Saturday: Hill sprints for like 20 mins.
    Sunday: Rest

Is this a goodway to achieve my goal by Feb 1st, 2013? Any other tips? Thankls

Murder Beats Not People recreateme's Avatar
    recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you have read teh stickies you should know that it you have to expend more calories then you intake. The MOST important thing to losing 25lbs is your diet and meal plans, and you seem to have left that out.

Critiquing what you did post i would suggest knocking out like half of that cardio. IME you dont even need cardio unless you want to work your cardiovascular system, and to lose weight you can just skip it and eat less, save the energy for lifting where you will see results. Doing 200cals on a bike is the same as just eating 200cals less that day, you see the same result.

Cliffs:
    -Make a diet/meal plan and list your macros

DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by recreateme View Post
    If you have read teh stickies you should know that it you have to expend more calories then you intake. The MOST important thing to losing 25lbs is your diet and meal plans, and you seem to have left that out.

Critiquing what you did post i would suggest knocking out like half of that cardio. IME you dont even need cardio unless you want to work your cardiovascular system, and to lose weight you can just skip it and eat less, save the energy for lifting where you will see results. Doing 200cals on a bike is the same as just eating 200cals less that day, you see the same result.

Cliffs:
    -Make a diet/meal plan and list your macros
    Thanks a lot. Yeah, I've read everything about my diet and meal plans. 5 Smaller meals a day, about 180g of protein. I'm going to get a whey protein powder, and I've read it should be lower in carbs and fat fot fat loss. What wouldbe a low value for these? Won't more cardio speed up my results in terms of fat loss though? I also will be playing soccer so I want to have a pretty solid cardiovascular system, but I mainly want to get rid of this fkin 25 lbs. Could i achieve my goal by Jan 1st, oris that pushing it?

SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DChaser9 View Post
    Thanks a lot. Yeah, I've read everything about my diet and meal plans. 5 Smaller meals a day
    where does it say to eat 5 smaller meals? I eat one humongous meal/day and I'm cutting and don't feel the slightest bit hungry throughout the day. Meal frequency is unrelated in the overall picture.

about 180g of protein.
    You need to eat 1g protein per lb of LBM, Lean Body Mass. You do not have 180lbs of LBM.

I'm going to get a whey protein powder, and I've read it should be lower in carbs and fat fot fat loss.
    Where did you read this? Fat and carbs don't make you fat. Excess calories do. Also, try to get your nutrients from WHOLE foods, not a protein shake.

Won't more cardio speed up my results in terms of fat loss though? I also will be playing soccer so I want to have a pretty solid cardiovascular system, but I mainly want to get rid of this fkin 25 lbs. Could i achieve my goal by Jan 1st, oris that pushing it?
    Speed up, technically speaking, no. You can do no cardio and still lose weight so long as you eat less calories. Have you figured our your macros? Which stickies were you reading? Good luck!
    2011:
    LBS: 210+ to 148
    BF%: 28+ to 11%

2015:
    LBS: 170 to 149
    BF%: 20 to 12.8%

Goal: 170LBS, 10%BF

jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jHop203 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay, I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, 36 waist. 17 years old. Sick and tired of being fat, and not wearing clothes I want to wear, feeling self conscious all the time, and more. I'm going to change myself, as I've realized life will be better. My goal is to lose like 25 lbs or so, and get a nice, lean, slim body with a size 31 waist. I wanna be lean with a low body fat. I've read the stickies, but still have a few questions. I was thinking of structuring my workouts like this:
    Monday: Chest and tris, followed by 30 mins treadmill (or until I burn 200-250 cals)

No back or bicep exercises? That is a very inefficient workout. Try starting strength (search). As others have stated, diet is by far the most important component of the overall effort. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by jHop203 View Post
    No back or bicep exercises? That is a very inefficient workout. Try starting strength (search). As others have stated, diet is by far the most important component of the overall effort. Best of luck.
    Oh my mistake, Myback and bis workout will be on friday, just a typo. Is that a good plan then?

Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
    where does it say to eat 5 smaller meals? I eat one humongous meal/day and I'm cutting and don't feel the slightest bit hungry throughout the day. Meal frequency is unrelated in the overall picture.

You need to eat 1g protein per lb of LBM, Lean Body Mass. You do not have 180lbs of LBM.

Where did you read this? Fat and carbs don't make you fat. Excess calories do. Also, try to get your nutrients from WHOLE foods, not a protein shake.

Speed up, technically speaking, no. You can do no cardio and still lose weight so long as you eat less calories. Have you figured our your macros? Which stickies were you reading? Good luck!

Thanks a lot man! It's so confusing because so many people and websites post different stuff. You've really helped a lot. I think the hardest part for me will be the dedication and motivation factors. So many times I just skip workouts, because I haveto get up at 6 to do them. Any tips for staying committied? thanks

FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Try to keep thing as simple as possible and not overcomplicate stuff, most important by far is that you are consistent and having fun.

Better to do a workout you enjoy than a workout that is more effective but that you hate, gl brah.
    "There's no justice in this world. Not unless we make it"
    ~Petyr Baelish

"I love the smell of creatine in the morning... Smells like gains."
    ~FEAFi

Originally Posted by FEAFi View Post
    Try to keep thing as simple as possible and not overcomplicate stuff, most important by far is that you are consistent and having fun.

Better to do a workout you enjoy than a workout that is more effective but that you hate, gl brah.
    Yeah, thanks man.