ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Formutech Nutrition Flexible Joint Supp, stay tuned for lifetime PRs inside!

Flexible-Joint Formula

by Formutech Nutrition[/size]

[/center]

A little bit about myself, I have trained for powerlifting since the begginning of 2008. My best total has been 1245 at 242 pounds and this Saturday I intend to total 1260 in the 198 weight class, breaking all my PRs. Last week I did this,

and this week I am deloading.

Since why do I even care about a joint supplement? For one, success in powerlifting seems to be more about longevity than making insane progress. Of course insane progress help but that isn't me obviously. I have had some on and off knee pain and my left knee is very much like rice crispies, although for the most part pain free. Healthy joints = longevity = progressing with the sport I love. Thank you to the people at Formutech Nutrition for giving me this oppurtunity.

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First!!!

Damn that's a high total. I hope you hit your new total Saturday.
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll be watching! Hope flexible can help ya out
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fa.../flexible.html

1Nov12

Supplements: 4 Flexible capsules in the AM

Joint pain: My knee was hurting some in the morning, more annoying than painful. True pain is rare for me, annoyances are usually what I deal with. After about an hour of moving around it was gone. This was actually below actual knee joint, like the fibula. Odd as that isn't normal.

Training: I meant to do my last deload workout, squat bench and dead at 70% for 3x3. As I was about to go to the basement my son woke up crying, he is 2 and a half. By the time he was settled down and was back to sleep I decided sleep was more important than a light workout. I think the sleep you get 2 nights before a big day is more important than the sleep you get the night before, although both are important. Maybe I will do some rehearsals with 45 in the squat and bench, 135 in the deadlift tommorrow.

Other stuff: Between being well hydrated and watching the carb consumption I weighed 193.4 this morning which is the lightest I have weighed since 2008. This is awesome because my upper weight limit is 198. With about a 90 minute trip to the meet site I can afford to eat a solid breakfast before weigh ins and still be good.

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    First!!!

Damn that's a high total. I hope you hit your new total Saturday.
    Thanks, at this point I am definately prepped for PRs.

Originally Posted by mormonpickett View Post
    I'll be watching! Hope flexible can help ya out
    Thanks for following along!

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Going to a meet on an empty stomach must suck. I know I'm stronger on a full stomach.
    My “training log”

You dosing it 4 in the am and 4 in the pm?
    My “training log”

I could eat after weigh ins but just want to keep things simple, and not have to worry about packing extra food. I will be double dosing today, I forgot about the AM/PM dosing yesterday.

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    make sure to get both those doses in!
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000) italy7 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

in on your log bro
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything

2Nov12

Supplements: 4 Flexible capsules in the AM and PM

Joint pain: Nothing to report.

Training: Nothing.

Other stuff: Ready for the meet, feeling calm and ready.

3Nov12

Joint pain: Knees felt like they needed to warmup a bit this morning, just stiff but not even close to annoying

Competition: Saturday went like ****. I kind of realized last meet and realized it again this meet that those who do the best in my weight class look a hell of a lot bigger than I do. I am really in the wrong weight class if I want to actually be cometive. I worked up to 385 in the warmup room. I opened with 425. I was a tad nervous beforehand which isn't really like me. I don't even know why I was nervous, just was. I took it down and think it went a little too fast. I shot my hips up just a little faster than the bar and came up with it. I knew right then I had misgrooved the heck out of it. I missed on depth, first squat out of 6 previous full meets that I ever missed on depth. I decided to be conservative and take it again. I got it no problem however is was a whole lot harder than it should have been. The side judge told me it was a perfect squat and this was the side judge that I noticed was throwing reds pretty consistantly when the other side judge wasn't. I took 450 (or maybe 455) for a third and misgrooved it again but I really don't think I had the strength even if technique was there. I remember hearing the head judge say take it and it felt like forever before they did and I remember thinking "Come on guys, take the ****ing bar!" Turns out a few hundredths of a second is a long as time to be stuck under the bar.

On bench I opened with 280. I had my buddy hand off to me, we have never benched together but after a few warmups we had things synced. I was going to count to 3 and he would hand off. For my first I layed down, grabbed the bar and talked to myself. He thought I was counting so he pulled it out of the rack. I wasn't ready at all, but really didn't have any choice but to deal with it. I was wondering what to do when I heard the start command and realized I had to bench it. It was pretty hard but I got it cleanly. I got off the bench and was laughing my ass off at that. Talk about a reason to make sure your capable of your opener under the worst possible conditions! 295 for a second and I missed it. It felt like I fought a long time with it but video said not really. I took it again for a third and missed it even quicker than the first time around.

Deadlifts I warmed up to 405 and then opened with 445. No issues. 460 was pretty heavy but wasn't really slow. I took 470 and missed it. I know the previous week I missed 475 because the bar had gotten in front of me, this time it looked like I just wasn't strong enough.

I think 6/9 good lifts is the bare minimal for proficient powerlifting and I only made 4 out of 9. This is 1 attempt worse than the last meet. I think the main thing is how I handle the 2 weeks prior to the meet. Sometimes in previous training I had hit some awesome PRs that were pretty unpredictable, however I never had any poor performances that I could think of. Maybe I had done 400x2 previously and now only 390x2 which isn't good, but not horrible. Having done 400x2 previously and now 370-380x2 would be horrible. I think I need to maintain a regular pace with only a minor deload going into a meeet. I also think going to commercial gyms prior to a meet would be good just to get me out of my comfort zone, just like what happens at a meet. I also am really thinking I need some training partners. I made good progress in the past by having training partners.

On the bright side I ran into someone who lives about 15 minutes from me, we are going to try and get together to train. He is stuck working out (not training) in a gym that is a lunk alarm away from being a planet fitness. Im looking foward to working something out. I have decided to compete in April. I want to do raw nationals which is a big financial commitment for me and I really need to get better at competing, I would be kicking my own ass if I put up hundreds of dollars for a poor performance.

Going foward I am taking 4 weeks off of squatting, benching and deadlifting. I have been doing squat bench and deadlift at the expense of everything else for a while and need to reverse that. For 4 weeks it will be a big focus on lat, bicep, conditioning, abs, and also stuff like throwing, bodyweight stuff. Unstructured but frequent. Its amazing how something you think is so stupid when someone else does it doesn't seem quite as stupid when you do it. I have been having annoying little pains more frequently that I take as warning signs not to continue doing what I have been doing. Nothing serious, all at the annoying level rather than painful.

4Nov12

Joint pain: Nothing to report. Muscular soreness is minor to moderate.

Training: Nothing.

Other stuff: The less often I drink the less fun it is when I do drink. Maybe I am finally starting to mature.

Damn man sucks you didnt win. But at least you know what to work on. That 4 week break you will come back and crush it and have some serious DOMS.

When is the next meet?
    My “training log”

5Nov12

Training: Not really training, but helped a buddy out with a class by doing a VO2 max test. I do zero cardio but was doing fine in the third stage. When I had administered VO2 max testiing I had an Air Force ROTC student as a subject who was mayb 150-160 who made it about 15 seconds into the 4th stage and I was determined to beat what he could do. Making it through the 4th stage is something that requires you be a great endurance athlete. The test got terminated early cause he thought I signalled to stop. Oh well.

Other stuff: Also got bodyfat tested at 16.7%. To get to 10% bodyfat requires 13 pounds of fat loss, 8% requires 17 pounds fat loss. It is pretty damn motivating to know that I am not all that far from hitting my goal.

Damn man sucks you didnt win. But at least you know what to work on. That 4 week break you will come back and crush it and have some serious DOMS.

When is the next meet?
    In April and then July. If I find another one to squeeze in before July I will do a third.

How do you do a VO2 test?

Ill be rooting for you next year to kill it. Plan on adding alot of mass?
    My “training log”

How do you do a VO2 test?

Ill be rooting for you next year to kill it. Plan on adding alot of mass?
    It can be done with any mode of exercise, this was done on a treadmill. You are hooked up to a mask and the air you breath out is measured by a gas analyzer to show you how aerobicly fit you are. Out of shape people would go anaerobic pretty quickly and start exhaling more oxygen than previously since the demand for it goes down. It is usefull for fitness but I don't feel it is as useful test for athletics as the instructors like to talk it up. Athletic success isn't measure in VO2 max, its measured in feet and seconds.

Once I cut down to the point that I am pretty lean I need to bulk up slowly. I am not doing the whole get fat to get strong thing again, not worth it, especially since I want to be competitive in my weight class.

Originally Posted by ButcherPLer View Post
    It can be done with any mode of exercise, this was done on a treadmill. You are hooked up to a mask and the air you breath out is measured by a gas analyzer to show you how aerobicly fit you are. Out of shape people would go anaerobic pretty quickly and start exhaling more oxygen than previously since the demand for it goes down. It is usefull for fitness but I don't feel it is as useful test for athletics as the instructors like to talk it up. Athletic success isn't measure in VO2 max, its measured in feet and seconds.

Once I cut down to the point that I am pretty lean I need to bulk up slowly. I am not doing the whole get fat to get strong thing again, not worth it, especially since I want to be competitive in my weight class.
    I would do it just so I knew it be intresting.

Yeah Getting fat to get strong not my thing either
    My “training log”

6Nov12

Training: None

7Nov12

Training: None. I do not do well with this whole train without a plan thing. Implementing a plan Monday.

Other stuff: Really effing sore in the thighs from all those swings. I finally got the money raised for a plane ticket and hotel to compete at the raw nationals. I contacted the meet director and he said the 205 weight class lifts on Saturday and he isn't sure about the 183s. So for now my plan is to compete as a 205, likely light. If I find out later that the 183s compete on Saturday I will possibly do that. I don't have the money for 3 nights in a hotel so I am planning on being down there for as little time as possible.

8Nov12

Training: None. I hate to admit it but with everything going on I am actually enjoying time away from the gym. But on the other hand am looking foward to getting back to it.

Other stuff: Found out there is a Brian Siders seminar 3 hours from the house. He is someone that is very successful in powerlifting and also successful with strong man. It is an in the gym seminar going over squat bench and deadlift technique, plus other stuff related to training. Look up The Workout Center in Columbiana Ohio if you are in OH, PA or even NY.

9Nov12

Training: None.

Other stuff: I started working at UPS a few hours a day unloading trailors. Some of the constant lifting aggrevates my bicep tendon. Not long term, the pain is gone when I am done working. I basically blame this on weak biceps. Something to take into consideration when I am back to training.

10Nov12

Other stuff: Not much, turned 32 today. Time to make being 32 more awesome than being 31.

11Nov12

Supplements: 4 Flexible capsules in the AM, last of it

Other stuff:

Final thoughts on Flexible

I didn't really have any chronic joint pain at the time I started taking this, so it wasn't like I had the oppurtunity to see this stuff reduce (or not reduce) current joint pain. However I didn't suffer from what I call anoyances, where there is a small amount of discomfort for a short amount of time, once I had been using this a couple of days. To be fair I did also cease training, so while I don't think this is hugely significant I am taking that as a suggestion that this is a worthwhile supplement. Plus my general thoughts on joint supplements are they pay off after years of use, where you are able to stay healthy, make continous gains and minimize down time to pain and injury. Thanks to Fahrenheit Nutrition for allowing me to do this, I apologize for getting off track the past week. I am definately looking at using this supplement for long term joint health.

do you think the supplement helped in any way? DId you have joint pain beforehand?

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

Yes, I do think this benefitted me.