wbmustang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vertical Jump Bible: Beginner Phase 2

I have searched and seen many people have used this program. I am using my own strength training and doing the plyos 2x/week once on Wednesday and once on Sunday. My questions are for phase 2 beginners plyometrics when it goes into 1-legged 4-star drill and 1-leg ankle bounce. The reps say 2x10 is that 2x10 per leg or 1 left leg and 1 right leg. Some of the exercises say per leg so it just gets confusing. Any help is appreciated as I try to get my vert high enough to dunk in 6 months.

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wbmustang View Post
    I have searched and seen many people have used this program. I am using my own strength training and doing the plyos 2x/week once on Wednesday and once on Sunday. My questions are for phase 2 beginners plyometrics when it goes into 1-legged 4-star drill and 1-leg ankle bounce. The reps say 2x10 is that 2x10 per leg or 1 left leg and 1 right leg. Some of the exercises say per leg so it just gets confusing. Any help is appreciated as I try to get my vert high enough to dunk in 6 months.
    It means per leg. Both legs must be worked if it's unilateral exercise.
    For the strength part, I'd follow kellys programs too. This is classic block periodization where you achieve your peak at the end of 12th week and strength work is also programed that way. With introduction phase, hypertrophy, strength and power, every phase lasts 2-3 weeks. I'm takling about novice weights sessions. Give it a try too.

wbmustang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ds thanks for helping me out with this hopefully I can get some inches on my vert going soon. My plan was to start with the beginner plyos and work my way through the program. It seems like you have some experience with the program what kind of vert gains did you get with it?

vereorbestia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wbmustang View Post
    ds thanks for helping me out with this hopefully I can get some inches on my vert going soon. My plan was to start with the beginner plyos and work my way through the program. It seems like you have some experience with the program what kind of vert gains did you get with it?
    im doing it now and i can touch the rim (only started recently)

filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dave**** View Post
    It means per leg. Both legs must be worked if it's unilateral exercise.
    For the strength part, I'd follow kellys programs too. This is classic block periodization where you achieve your peak at the end of 12th week and strength work is also programed that way. With introduction phase, hypertrophy, strength and power, every phase lasts 2-3 weeks. I'm takling about novice weights sessions. Give it a try too.
    Dave can you explain to me how periodization makes you stronger? Like for example and please bare with me here. I have the bible too and one week is 3x8, next week 3x6, etc. Wouldn't you be stronger during the course of the program week to week so what percent would you work off your 1rm? For example lets say you squat 225lbs and your first week is 3x8. Your 8rm is 180 so you do the exercise 3x180. Next week your workout is 3x6 so your 6rm is 190 taken from 225lbs for example. Wouldn't you be stronger though from the first weeks work that your 6rm should be higher than 190? How does the periodization work as far as increasing your maximal stength. For the 12 week program are you supposed to always work off your old 1rm max? If you don't do that and try and get stronger each week how do you adjust your weight for the future weeks then?