Tucantastisch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Requesting recommendations for cutting program!

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering if anyone around here would care to recommend some cool training program that I could use for my cut?
    (I know, fat loss happens in the kitchen, but I like having a plan for what I'm doing in the gym - and to be honest, at the moment I don't.)

I'm 6'1, around 195 lbs, and have been working out for a year. The only real program I've used from here during that time was Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size.
    Despite the critique of him that I read around here, I actually really liked some aspects of the program:
    - I liked the number of exercises for each workout
    - I liked the simplistic layout of the exercises for each workout
    - I really enjoyed that the exercises would be changed up a bit from week to week.

I'm still new to a lot of things in working out, so I hope you guys can help me out a bit here.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What are your max lifts in each of the main compound movements? This is a more reliable way for us to judge your level of advancement rather than just time elapsed.

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your wrong in thinking their are specific programs for cutting, while people may lift as a part of a weight loss regime that's not the purpose of a lifting program it's to either get stronger, more powerful or bigger or all 3 of these. No such thing as a lifting program geared specifically for cutting.

I suspect most experienced lifters won't even change programs for a cut or a bulk, weight loss would be decided by their calorie intake and increased activity levels through extra cardio.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    What are your max lifts in each of the main compound movements? This is a more reliable way for us to judge your level of advancement rather than just time elapsed.
    Right - My max for both bench, squat and deadlift are all around 175 lbs at the moment.

Originally Posted by BrightonBomber View Post
    Your wrong in thinking their are specific programs for cutting, while people may lift as a part of a weight loss regime that's not the purpose of a lifting program it's to either get stronger, more powerful or bigger or all 3 of these. No such thing as a lifting program geared specifically for cutting.
    Ah. Well let me re-phrase then - I am debating whether I should be changing anything about my lifting routine, since until now I've only ever been on a bulk. With that in mind, I am looking for a program that can infuse my
    routine with some goal-oriented structure, and some variety. I hope that helps.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You are still very much in the novice category. That Stoppani program has probably not done you any favours, it's better to run a more prescriptive routine at this stage that forces you to adapt to a relatively fast pace of progression.

Have a look at Fierce 5 for example.

Trying to lose fat at the same time presents a bit of a headwind to this process but as long as you keep your fat loss targets relatively small at the moment you should still make progress. Aim for 2-3lbs a month weight loss. Eat 3-4 meals per day at 4-5 hour intervals, each meal containing a minimum of 30g of protein. Adjust total calories until you are losing weight at the required rate.

I just had a look at the Fierce 5 thread. Seems solid. I will definately give it a try. Now I just need to put my culinary skills to the test then, lol.

Thanks a bunch for the advice. It was just what I was looking for. And yeah, I probably should have done some more research before starting up the Stoppani thing. Almost jumped on his shortcut to shred-program as well. Glad I didn't.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tucantastisch View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

Right - My max for both bench, squat and deadlift are all around 175 lbs at the moment.
    This really makes me question what you've been doing in the gym for a year. As people mentioned above me a novice program would probably be the best choice.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    This really makes me question what you've been doing in the gym for a year. As people mentioned above me a novice program would probably be the best choice.
    Besides the Stoppani thing, I've just been working out casually with my mates, following their lead and advice. I ended up realising there was too much broscience involved, so I figured I'd check in here for some more solid advice. These days I mostly work out alone anyways. I know I've got some way to go, but I want to make progress. Better late than never, right?

Also only recently began taking my cooking seriously. Hope I can make it stay that way in the long run.

Planning on starting the novice Fierce 5 routine tomorrow and see how it turns out.