Closed Thread
    devonboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) devonboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can you work out your arms everyday?

I generally understand that you shouldn't work your arms everyday, at most every other day, or 3 days a week, etc. But one guy told me (pretty built guy seems to know what he's talking about) so long as you can poke the area(s) in your arms that you worked previously and it doesn't hurt at all that means they've healed and you can work them again. I got back into weight lifting a couple months ago (trying to stack mass) and I was working my arms every 3-4 days but lately it seems no matter how hard I work them the night before they feel back to 100% every morning, (also work out late at night and get lots of nutrients before I go to bed, I've been eating lots because I am skinny.) I see myself getting noticeably bigger so and my arms seem to be healing quickly (I do work different muscle groups on different days too legs, core, etc.), I worked my arms good last night and they feel fine today, I'm poking them they don't hurt. So would it be fine if I worked them again today? I feel like I have way more stamina and quicker healing

jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do slow negatives (the lowering of the weight), really hit them hard. Make sure you working them from every angle, do some low reps and then some high reps to incorporate all the fibers and then you shouldnt be able to poke them the next day.

Summary: work the muscle better and harder so that you dont feel the need to work them the next day.
    However The biceps are the fastest recovering muscle in the body

Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000) Lucharilla0311 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read my article, and then print it out and show it to your friend. And to the OP, pay attention to the stats of other people answering questions. How big would a set of arms be at 150 lbs? Not flaming, just passing along some common sense.

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...arms%E2%80%9D/
    Visit my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfADMjm2XtMj-umgWSioT2Q

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by devonboi View Post
    I generally understand that you shouldn't work your arms everyday, at most every other day, or 3 days a week, etc. But one guy told me (pretty built guy seems to know what he's talking about) so long as you can poke the area(s) in your arms that you worked previously and it doesn't hurt at all that means they've healed and you can work them again. I got back into weight lifting a couple months ago (trying to stack mass) and I was working my arms every 3-4 days but lately it seems no matter how hard I work them the night before they feel back to 100% every morning, (also work out late at night and get lots of nutrients before I go to bed, I've been eating lots because I am skinny.) I see myself getting noticeably bigger so and my arms seem to be healing quickly (I do work different muscle groups on different days too legs, core, etc.), I worked my arms good last night and they feel fine today, I'm poking them they don't hurt. So would it be fine if I worked them again today? I feel like I have way more stamina and quicker healing
    you said it yourself, that guy was pretty built, so he was probably lifting for couple years. The question is, how long have you been working out? if you just started, dont do what he said because what will work for him, not necessarily will work for you. Just search for Starting Strength or Beginner Routine and go from there, once your lifts go up you can start doing split. But i wouldnt do split first year of lifting

devonboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) devonboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks those were all pretty helpful. It's probably just a matter of needing to improve my lifting technique then, my workouts need to be more effective

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks those were all pretty helpful. It's probably just a matter of needing to improve my lifting technique then, my workouts need to be more effective
    The arms don't need that much direct work. If you're lifting correctly then you're already smashing on them with the heavy pulling movements. A few exercises with a few sets each are really all the direct work the arms need each week.
    Michael Jordan lifted every day...

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153429181

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I gained some 0.5inch in my arms over 3-4 months of lifting on SS. Was doing 3 sets of BB curls strict form every other workout (every 4 days). So yeah arms don't need much work. Just train, mass will distribute itself evenly. Don't expect to have 18inch arms with 40inch chest lol.
    Getting me some gains

Lifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154103&p=103762993#post10302993
    My lifting gear part 1 (bodysolid power rack, bench, lat attachment) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1509633
    My lifting gear part 2 (bodypower weights, texas power bar) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151184793&p=1011390903#post10110903

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jz416 View Post
    The biceps are the fastest recovering muscle in the body
    my down syndrome monkey brother has said smarter things than that...

Training Log

tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But one guy told me (pretty built guy seems to know what he's talking about) so long as you can poke the area(s) in your arms that you worked previously and it doesn't hurt at all that means they've healed and you can work them again.
    I loled

But one guy told me (pretty built guy seems to know what he's talking about) so long as you can poke the area(s) in your arms that you worked previously and it doesn't hurt at all that means they've healed and you can work them again.
    Just because some big guy told you this doesn't mean it's true. Some people make progress in spite of what they do, not because of it.

tech99! lol I chuckled a bit about that myself

Training Log

munishgr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question arms workout

How i can gain the size of my arms . I am 204 lb with more than 50 inches chest ....i am getting good shape on my shoulders .....but a big guy told me ....u need bigger arms ..to get more balance on ur body ...is it ....if i do arms every day ..is it helps me to get bigger ...or how

avikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by munishgr8 View Post
    How i can gain the size of my arms . I am 204 lb with more than 50 inches chest ....i am getting good shape on my shoulders .....but a big guy told me ....u need bigger arms ..to get more balance on ur body ...is it ....if i do arms every day ..is it helps me to get bigger ...or how
    Bad idea. Topic isnt worth a discussion. I'm sure you could focus on the big3s. Arms would pick up on their own

Cheers !

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by munishgr8 View Post
    Originally Posted by avikas View Post
    Bad idea. Topic isnt worth a discussion. I'm sure you could focus on the big3s. Arms would pick up on their own

Cheers !
    First a 1 post wonder that's 2 yrs old...then you....lol

You said it best in red
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671