qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm not losing weight, but my face is losing it, how is it possible?

I've been noticing that my face is getting more and more gaunt, so skinny, in a bad way, in fact a friend that hasn't seen me in few weeks has mentioned that my face is looking scary and commented as "Ur face is looking scary man , stop losing weight" he's not the only that noticed it, actually I can see it in myself and I see myself everyday.

and I wasn't even losing weight, in fact , in the scale I've added weight, from 144lbs to 148lbs, how is it possible that I've gained weight, didn't lose anything, but my face is getting more pale and gaunt, I don't like this, is it aging? can it change the face in that pace of a time after turning just 30?

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Highly, highly, doubtful that aging would cause a change in such a short period.

There are numerous reasons why the scale could be showing a rise but you may not be adding fat and could even be dropping it.
    Water weight is one possibility. Another, if you're new to lifting, is that you may be leaning out and putting on muscle.

My advice is not to worry about it yet. Give it time. My face always looks gaunt at the end of a cut. For me, it's a combination of leaness and low carbs. Once I start bulking it soon fills out again without the need to add fat though.

qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im not cutting , I'm bulking... i been eating at surplus for sometime now, and not new to lifting either

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long did it take you to add the 4lbs and what sort of surplus are you eating at?
    You may be eating less than you think you are.

It's highly unlikely you'd lose fat if you're on a surplus. That means unlikely on your face too - you can't spot reduce fat - especially on a proper bulk.

well I dunno what to tell you buddy, if i'm eating less than I think, how come I went from 144lbs to 148lbs? it is a surplus hence i added weight, right? or you still don't get it? the weight added up slowly during the past 1.5 months or 2 months... and I didn't say that I lost fat, I have noticed a little increase in my belly and my moobs, but I also noticed decrease or rather I call it thinness in my face, thats why I opened this thread in the first place , I didn't open this thread to ask why I added 4 lbs, I didn't open the thread asking what kind of surplus or deficit I need....its simple, during the past period of time I been gaining weight, yet my face is getting skinnier, I think i'm sick or something its the only explanation.

Originally Posted by qinx View Post
    well I dunno what to tell you buddy, if i'm eating less than I think, how come I went from 144lbs to 148lbs? it is a surplus hence i added weight, right? or you still don't get it?
    Maybe you don't get it and you haven't bothered reading my replies.

WATER WEIGHT

As soon as you go over to a surplus or change from carb to low carb diet, you can add lbs and lbs of water weight. I put on 7lbs overnight easy every f*cking time.
    And you can't spot reduce fat. Your face wouldn't be getting thinner whilst you're adding fat elsewhere. Get it?

So don't get snotty when you get a reply and you haven't bothered reading what's already been said.
    Now which part of that don't you understand, dickhead?

Tingly like Beta-Alanine! alkemyst's Avatar
    alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    face is usually the first to show results (sadly for men the gut the last). If you are looking scary and not losing elsewhere, you may be too calorie or nutrient deficient.

If you are trying to 'eat healthy' with things like fast food chicken and salads, this can very well be the case....all of it is nutrient stripped and usually packed with sodium.