Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    MAN! Already looking really lean! Keep it up!
    Thanks man! I've been pretty happy with the progress but I just need to keep grinding hard.

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are going to be leaps and bounds better than you were last time you stepped onstage. Can't wait to see the final product!
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great Start to your VLOG's.

You can embed them using some code

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dang man, looking squared away already in that last set of pics!!
    Prepping for Summer 2013 w/Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting

"You Either Build or Destroy"-Jay Electronica

pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Prep keeps rolling on! Things have been going EXTREMELY well these last few weeks. I have been making great progress and have been feeling pretty damn good to. I am starting to get to the point where I just feel small and flat but that is mostly in my head and expected to a certain degree. Sometimes the mental struggle is the worst part. Other than that strength has been excellent and has actually continued to come back up. Here was tonight’s training session.

Squat- 5x260 5x260 3x295 3x295 1x335 6x335

Bench- 5x170 5x170 3x190 3x190 1x220 3x220

Deadlift- 5x330 5x330 3x380 3x380 1x425 3x425

BB Row- 5x225 5x225 5x225

OH DB Press- 5x60s 5x60s 3x75s 3x75s

Leg Ext.- 7xStack 7xStack

Glute ham raise- 5x bodyweight 5x bodyweight

BB Curl- 5x100 5x100 3x115 3x115

Dips- 5x75 5x75 3x90 3x90

Also here are my most recent pics. These were actually taken about a week ago. As you can see, I am extremely pale. Lol. But I am starting to take shape and I am happy with the progress.

The weight this morning was 187.5. As you can see, the weight loss is keeping up at a really good rate. In fact I actually began to lose a little too fast so I have added in a moderate carb day mid week. Here is my current macro breakdown for the week.

Regular Days
    P-245
    C-310
    F-60

Moderate Days
    P-245
    C-450
    F-60

High Days
    P-230
    C-600
    F-60

From a supplement standpoint I am still taking in higher doses of BCAAs pre and during training as well as in the middle of the night when I wake up to pee. I use Core ABC for this. Also, I just started back using Core Test after 8 weeks off. The only other change is that I have started taking HMB for the final 4-5 months of my prep.

Those are the only changes for now. I just need to keep pushing.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    You are going to be leaps and bounds better than you were last time you stepped onstage. Can't wait to see the final product!
    Thanks Pete! Much appreciated, I am looking to destroy my old personal best.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Great Start to your VLOG's.

You can embed them using some code

Thanks Paul, I will actually be filming a new one in the next few days.

Originally Posted by Crazyups View Post
    Dang man, looking squared away already in that last set of pics!!
    Trying to get on your level

Hey Guys! I am off to train right now but before I left I thought I would share my new article. I hope you find it informative.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...-muscle-growth

KBolen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Latest Article

You are a knowledge of wealth, Cliff and I always love reading your articles!

fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very interesting article for sure!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Lots of pretty cool things going on lately! First off, Core Nutritionals brand new website launched just the other day. I am pumped because I was heavily involved in the content for the site. I have a lot of my articles up there are well as a few new ones. Myself, Doug Miller, and Stephanie Miller each have blog sections that we will post regular posts and articles. So I hope all of you can take the time to check it out. Here is the link.

http://corenutritionals.com/

Also, believe it or not Core Fury is going to be launching at the end of the week. I am excited about this as I also had input into the formulation and selection of ingredients. It makes it a hell of a lot easier to stand behind a product when you get input into what goes in. The ingredients are also listed on the site.

Secondly, my weight slowed a little this week so I had to make a slight macro change. Here are my new numbers.

Regular Days
    P-255
    C-290
    F-60

Moderate Days
    P-245
    C-450
    F-60

High Days
    P-230
    C-580
    F-60

This got things moving again and I hit a new low of 186.2 the other day. By the end of the week I hope to be down to 185 or just slightly below. I have been holding my strength still luckily. I even managed to deadlift 405x10 the other day. That was damn good for me at this weight. I can tell my bench is struggling to stay up but I will right it as long as I can.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the new Core site. Until next time!

Originally Posted by KBolen View Post
    You are a knowledge of wealth, Cliff and I always love reading your articles!
    Very interesting article for sure!
    Thanks guys! It is a topic that I find incredibly fun to talk about.

Pulled 415x7 on deads the other night. Feeling damn good right now! Here is the video. I will be logging a fully update in a few days. Also, Just FYI. Core Nutritionals is giving away a free container of Core Fury. To enter just to the link below and comment on your favorite Core supplement. They will pick the winner on Wed! Good luck! I hope you like the video too.

http://www.corenutritionals.com/supplements

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    New core FURY formula looks legit man, keep busting your ass and CRUSHING it. Doug is a good dude.

mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pureintensity View Post
    Lots of pretty cool things going on lately! First off, Core Nutritionals brand new website launched just the other day. I am pumped because I was heavily involved in the content for the site. I have a lot of my articles up there are well as a few new ones. Myself, Doug Miller, and Stephanie Miller each have blog sections that we will post regular posts and articles. So I hope all of you can take the time to check it out. Here is the link.

http://corenutritionals.com/

Also, believe it or not Core Fury is going to be launching at the end of the week. I am excited about this as I also had input into the formulation and selection of ingredients. It makes it a hell of a lot easier to stand behind a product when you get input into what goes in. The ingredients are also listed on the site.

Secondly, my weight slowed a little this week so I had to make a slight macro change. Here are my new numbers.

Regular Days
    P-255
    C-290
    F-60

Moderate Days
    P-245
    C-450
    F-60

High Days
    P-230
    C-580
    F-60

This got things moving again and I hit a new low of 186.2 the other day. By the end of the week I hope to be down to 185 or just slightly below. I have been holding my strength still luckily. I even managed to deadlift 405x10 the other day. That was damn good for me at this weight. I can tell my bench is struggling to stay up but I will right it as long as I can.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the new Core site. Until next time!
    Hey! Lurker in here but def in for the log!

I was curious to ask just as to why have you been bumping your protein intake higher while you decrease your carbs? Why not just keep protein a constant macro (at least for now) then just manipulate your carbs & fat?

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks! and awesome stuff in this log!
    Do I even lift?

Semi-Alone Crew

*SoClose* but at wut cost?

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    New core FURY formula looks legit man, keep busting your ass and CRUSHING it. Doug is a good dude.
    Thanks man! Much appreciated! The Fury is damn good stuff. I can't wait for other people to try it. Doug and Stephanie have been extremely great to me. Besides the products being great, I definitely like working with good, high character people. It doesn't get much better.

Originally Posted by mariobrochill View Post
    Hey! Lurker in here but def in for the log!

I was curious to ask just as to why have you been bumping your protein intake higher while you decrease your carbs? Why not just keep protein a constant macro (at least for now) then just manipulate your carbs & fat?

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks! and awesome stuff in this log!
    Thanks for jumping in! That is a good question. I do this for myself and for my clients that are similar to myself metabolically. I have a tendency to lose muscle as I diet down very easily, but I have a very fast metabolism. So in this situation I try to keep total kcal. intake as high as possible. So sometimes, rather than reduce 20 grams of carbs I will trade 20 grams of carbs for 20 grams of protein. While this is an equal caloric exchange, protein doesn't produce the same insulinogenic response as carbohydrates. So this is just a way of delaying having to make a calorie cut. Eventually I will bring my protein back down just a bit, in order to save having to make further cuts to my carbs. But I just haven't needed to just yet. I can feel it is coming soon though. lol
    Last edited by pureintensity; 02-25-2013 at 09:33 PM.

mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariobrochill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Truly appreciated the response! I heard interviews in the past of how you were slowly working with folks for free in their prep and how layne approached you, and honestly I feel like I'm following in the same footsteps as you and many other prep coaches. I truly hope to learn many things from your perspective on dieting as well as many others! It's the only way that good information is applied and shared rather than spew bro science nonsense.

- Mario
    Do I even lift?

Semi-Alone Crew

Truly appreciated the response! I heard interviews in the past of how you were slowly working with folks for free in their prep and how layne approached you, and honestly I feel like I'm following in the same footsteps as you and many other prep coaches. I truly hope to learn many things from your perspective on dieting as well as many others! It's the only way that good information is applied and shared rather than spew bro science nonsense.

- Mario
    Good for you man! That is excellent! I am happy to help in any way I can. You are most definitely right that it is all about improving the sport and spreading knowledge. Sounds like you are definitely doing your thing so keep up the good work.

Also, the above statement should have stated trading carbs for protein, not fat. Typo on my part. Lol

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man! Much appreciated! The Fury is damn good stuff. I can't wait for other people to try it. Doug and Stephanie have been extremely great to me. Besides the products being great, I definitely like working with good, high character people. It doesn't get much better.
    Ever meet Doug in person? Seeing his arms as thick as your head makes you realize that you always need to work harder. Guy is a class act!
    HOpe to crack fury one of these days. Love the ABC!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Ever meet Doug in person? Seeing his arms as thick as your head makes you realize that you always need to work harder. Guy is a class act!
    HOpe to crack fury one of these days. Love the ABC!
    I actually haven't met him in person, but from the pics I have no doubt you are right. Looks like something is trying to bust out of them and escape. Lol. I think the biggest arms I have seen on a natural in person belong to Donovan Strong. Same deal with him. You look at his arms and the look at your own and think "I've got some serious work to do." Haha

Good for you man! That is excellent! I am happy to help in any way I can. You are most definitely right that it is all about improving the sport and spreading knowledge. Sounds like you are definitely doing your thing so keep up the good work.

Also, the above statement should have stated trading carbs for protein, not fat. Typo on my part. Lol
    Very much appreciated! And yeah lol! I figured it was a typo, but I got it!

If I may ask you, how do go about establishing caloric for folks or what multipliers do you base yours off of?

Thanks very much for the future response!
    Do I even lift?

Semi-Alone Crew

So things are coming along well still. I hit a new low weight of 184.8 just a few days ago. The big change as of late is the strength drop in my higher rep ranges. My reps of 5 and under are still pretty damn strong right now but for sets of 10-12 I am just garbage. lol. Doing my best to hold on though. Here is my leg/delt workout from tonight.

DELTS

DB Overhead Press- 12x45 12x55 12x65 12x65

DB Lateral (single arm)- 12x25 12x30 12x35 10x40

Reverse Pec Dec- 12x115 12x130 11x130 9x130

Rope Upright Row- 2 sets of 12x80

LEGS

Squats- 12x185 12x235 11x305

DB Walking Lunges- 24 steps x60's 24 steps x70's 24 steps x80's

Leg Ext- 4 sets of 12 x whole stack

Leg Press- 12x450 12x540 12x630

DB SLDL- 3 sets of 12x 105's

Just pushing hard and doing my thing. Crushing it all the way. Also, here are some new progress pics from the other night. That's all for now.

photo-23.jpg
    photo-22.jpg
    photo-21.jpg
    photo-20.jpg

Very much appreciated! And yeah lol! I figured it was a typo, but I got it!

If I may ask you, how do go about establishing caloric for folks or what multipliers do you base yours off of?

Thanks very much for the future response!
    I wish I could say I have a clear cut answer for that. When I work with someone I try to get as much info on them as I can. Their body weight and individual metabolism will dictate where I want to go with their nutritional plan, but their current baseline caloric intake will dictate what I start them off on. For example, if I get someone that has been severely under eating yet I know they have the metabolic signs of a fast metabolism. I will not start them off with huge food intakes but rather slowly work their food intake up to where I feel it can be. I wish I could be more specific, but each person is so unique that I don't use any specific body weight multipliers. Sorry.

Entirely understood cliff! Thank you very much for the response and I would do the same depending on their previous dieting history, macro intake, goals and other considerations!

Looking forward to training with you!

- Mario
    Do I even lift?

Semi-Alone Crew

Entirely understood cliff! Thank you very much for the response and I would do the same depending on their previous dieting history, macro intake, goals and other considerations!

Looking forward to training with you!

- Mario
    You got it man! Great talking to you today. We'll kill it soon

KBolen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Deadlift Video

Great video Cliff & way to KILL it man! I'm enjoying following along your contest prep journey! Thanks for the updates

Hey guys! I have a brand new Video Log up now. Here it is I hope you enjoy it!

I have had my first few rough days of prep this last week. Nothing unbearable but just days where I felt like crap. Oddly enough this has nothing to do with lowering number or increasing cardio though. I haven't changed a thing yet and fat loss almost seems to be picking up. I just had my high carb day on Sunday and my weight is already back down to 184.4 as of this morning. Should be quite a bit lower by the end of the week. Last night I had my whole body power session and it went really well. Here was how it went:

Squat- 5x280 5x280 3x315 3x295 1x365 3x365

Bench- 5x160 5x160 3x180 3x180 1x205 3x205

Deadlift- 5x345 5x345 3x395 3x395 1x445 1x445

T Bar Row- 5x90 5x115 5x125

OH DB Press- 5x60s 5x60s 3x75s 3x75s

Leg Ext.- 7xStack 7xStack

Glute ham raise- 5x bodyweight 5x bodyweight

BB Curl- 5x100 5x100 3x115 3x115

Dips- 5x45 5x90 3x115

As you can see I had to reset my bench press numbers because I failed to increase two weeks in a row. I will just be working this back up slowly. But my squat increases have been shocking me. I am beginning to near my offseason best maxes. Hopefully I can keep this going.

For my diet everything is status quo. Here are my numbers still:

Regular Days
    P-255
    C-290
    F-60

Moderate Days
    P-245
    C-450
    F-60

High Days
    P-230
    C-580
    F-60

That's it for now. Thanks!

I am subbed so I watched it this morning. I have never understood the people who claim they have bad genetics, or look at me or others and just assume we have great genetics. There is always an excuse to not train hard, eat right and find out what your capable of. Personally I am grateful that people are so short sighted that they never actually get going, makes us that do look that much better.

I think most would be surprised what they could accomplish if they just put in the work for a decade or two.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am subbed so I watched it this morning. I have never understood the people who claim they have bad genetics, or look at me or others and just assume we have great genetics. There is always an excuse to not train hard, eat right and find out what your capable of. Personally I am grateful that people are so short sighted that they never actually get going, makes us that do look that much better.

I think most would be surprised what they could accomplish if they just put in the work for a decade or two.
    Agreed. I have what most would call subpar genetics; however, I busted my ass for a decade and won a pro card. I may never do much as a pro, but that doesn't mean I can't keep improving.

Keep crushing it during prep! I'm amazed at the amount of volume you are hitting in the gym while in a deficit. How much cardio are you doing these days?
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com