Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cliff Wilson- Prep for 2013 with Core Nutritionals

Hello All!

My name is Cliff Wilson and this will be my log following my prep for my 2013 season. I have not really been all that active on any forums in the past but I figured this would be the year that I might as well go for it. So let me start with a little background info about myself.

I began weight training in 2003 at the age of 19. The first time I picked up a weight I was 6’1, 156 lbs, and 14% body fat. I was skinny fat. Once I started training I was hooked and knew I wanted to compete one day.

19 years old.jpg

As I started training I followed all the typical bro crap that I was taught in the gym and magazines. Within the first year I realized that this was just not working. So I set out to educate myself a bit. I actually had wanted to go to school to learn more but due to being on my own at the age of 19 and having to pay all of my bills I couldn’t afford to go to school as I had to keep working. So I decided to not let that hold me back. While I couldn’t afford school I could still afford the books. So I would just buy the books and read them on my own. This was purely for my own knowledge and to better my understanding of the human body so that I could properly apply it to my training and nutrition. Little did I know that the passion for learning would eventually become just as much an obsession as the sport itself. I couldn’t stop myself. lol

I stepped on stage for the first time in 2008. Since this was my first show I didn’t quite know what to expect. I just wanted to get out there and have fun even though I know I would be one of the smallest guys. I ended up taking 2nd in the novice division to Connor Lavallie who many of you may know. It was a great experience but I knew I had a ton of improvements to make. Nearly every judge on my card told me I needed to bring up my legs. I already knew this was something I needed to work on so this would be my focus along with adding more size overall.

First show-2.jpg

First Show-1.jpg

I did my second show in May 2010. I had planned on making this the first show of many. I was definitely leaner than my first show and my legs had come up considerably. I placed 3rd in the open class. Even though I felt I needed to be leaner I still ended up being the leanest guy in the show but one thing was glaringly evident, I WAS TOO DAMN SMALL! The funny thing is that nearly every judge said my upper body was too small for my legs. I guess I went too far the other way. lol. To me this sport is about constant improvement upon one’s self. To really improve I knew I would need some serious time to grow. I decided to skip the rest of the shows I had planned for that year. I would take 3 years between shows and come back in 2013 better than ever.

Most Muscular.jpg

Side Chest.jpg

There was one other factor that led me to skip my 2010 shows which I had not expected. In 2008, just after my first show I was approached by a couple of guys at my gym that wanted to compete but had no idea where to start. I didn’t really consider myself experienced enough to call myself a prep coach since I had only done one show, but my obsessive studying had gotten me to the point where I had some of my own ideas, methods, and theories about training and nutrition. So since these guys needed help I decided to help them for free as a favor and I figured that would be the end of it. As I was prepping them for the show people were seeing their progress they were making and I had a few other people ask me for help. These were all first time competitors mind you so they had no clue where to start. So I started helping a few others. Eventually I was spending a lot of time on this so I had to start charging. I had seen that guys like Layne Norton had Team Norton so I decided to go with Team Wilson as the name. So the first show came for my clients and one of them one the overall with the other taking runner up. Keep in mind that at this point I had only done one show and my experience in the bodybuilding world was minimal at best. After the show as people were asking me what I was doing with these two guys diets and training did I fully realize that some of the things I was doing were vastly different from what the average bodybuilder was doing. Some of them just looked at me like I was a bit nuts. Lol. Those were the only two people I had competing in 2009.

In 2010 I only had five clients compete. These were once again new competitors. These five people were a great group that ended up taking a few overall titles with one of them getting a pro card at the end of the year. For some reason at the end of 2010 things went CRAZY! I had people emailing me all the time asking me questions about prep, nutrition, and training. Of course I was always happy to answer questions but it was just a bit odd to me as I had only done two shows and never really set out to be in this position. I was really not prepared for this at all as this was something I had started doing just for fun to help a few guys out. This led to a 2011 season that really just blew up. Since the beginning of 2011 I have been lucky enough to watch over a dozen of my clients get pro cards and 5 of them win professional titles.

As a fan of the sport I consider myself fortunate to be able to work with some of the best natural bodybuilders in the world. It seems crazy to me really, like a dream come true.

Just recently I was also signed on as a sponsored athlete to Core Nutritionals. For those that don’t know, Core Nutritionals is owned by probably the best natural bodybuilder in the world, Doug Miller. This company is the real deal. They only use proven ingredients with proven dosages. There are so few companies out there that actually have integrity and trust me when I say that this is one of them. I can’t believe I actually get to be a part of it. They have been great to me so far and I look forward to working with them for years to come.

So the last few years have been a bit of a whirlwind but the time has come for me to stop living vicariously through my clients and get back up on that stage. I would be lying if I said that with all of the attention I didn’t feel some added pressure to do well this next year. I am trying to not worry about that as I move along with this process and prepare for my shows. My only goal for this next year is to improve on the package that I brought in 2010. I am not putting any expectation upon where I would like to place. Of course, I am ultra competitive so I am out to win every time I step on stage, but I will not label any placing as a failure as long I bring it.

Anyway, that is way more than enough about me for now. In my next post I will talk a bit about the nuts and bolts of where I am at now (along with more current progress pics), how much I am eating, and my plan moving forward.
    Last edited by pureintensity; 09-29-2012 at 12:43 AM.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ohhhh I'm IN FOR THISSS!!!!
    advertising not permitted

Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Heck yes!

Game on Cliff! I am in for this ride!

For those of you that don't know Cliff. I can attest to his success as a Prep Coach. Cliff helped me win the NGA Pro this year as well as finish 5th in the Natural Universe and 3rd in the LWT Class at the IFPA Pro International. Cliff is not only a great Coach but someone I am lucky enough to consider a good friend as well. I will be here to support Cliff while he kicks ass this year and next. Get em Coach!
    Check out our Supplement and Fitness Clothing Line! http://www.beyonddriven.com

Brian Ahlstrom
    IFPA, NGA and PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Beyond Driven - www.beyonddriven.com and www.********.com/wearebeyonddriven
    Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting- www.********.com/ahlstromfitnessconsulting
    @YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/AhlstromFitness and http://www.youtube.com/BeyondDriven
    Follow us on Twitter @ahlstromfitness and @werbeyonddriven
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0VNOcV74Es&feature=plcp

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I will be following! Looking forward to seeing you crush it this year!
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100) wehttam is not very well liked. (-100)
    will follow your journey hope your dont mind one or two questions along the way

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Will be following
    Hope you enjoy logging here
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)
    In like Flynn, great meeting you and Brian in St. Louis this past July!!
    Prepping for Summer 2013 w/Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting

"You Either Build or Destroy"-Jay Electronica

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IN! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to learn a thing or 2 along the way :-D

KBolen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm following along for the ride! Cliff is a fantastic prep coach and I won my pro card with him and Team Wilson this year. Also I made my pro debut at the KC Pro International with his help and placed second! He ROCKS!

musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in! Good luck Cliff!
    Brian Mauer
    Mauer@ahlstromfitness.com
    Beyonddriven.com
    Co-owner Beyond Driven, LLC
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Ohhhh I'm IN FOR THISSS!!!!
    Thanks man! I appreciate you following along.

Originally Posted by Trapzillaoo7 View Post
    Game on Cliff! I am in for this ride!

For those of you that don't know Cliff. I can attest to his success as a Prep Coach. Cliff helped me win the NGA Pro this year as well as finish 5th in the Natural Universe and 3rd in the LWT Class at the IFPA Pro International. Cliff is not only a great Coach but someone I am lucky enough to consider a good friend as well. I will be here to support Cliff while he kicks ass this year and next. Get em Coach!
    Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    I will be following! Looking forward to seeing you crush it this year!
    I really appreciate the kind words Brian. This past year was great and you bet that I was not only honored to work with you but call you a friend as well now. I can't lie I am already pumped to do it again. Now you get to see me hungry and tired as hell.

Originally Posted by stubbee21 View Post
    Thanks, glad to have you in

Originally Posted by wehttam View Post
    will follow your journey hope your dont mind one or two questions along the way
    Feel free to ask away. I will be glad to answer questions.

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Will be following
    Hope you enjoy logging here
    I am sure I will. This should be a fun ride.

Originally Posted by Crazyups View Post
    In like Flynn, great meeting you and Brian in St. Louis this past July!!
    You bet Eric! I just need to get to your crazy level of conditioning. Thanks for following!

Originally Posted by stubbee21 View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by KBolen View Post
    I'm following along for the ride! Cliff is a fantastic prep coach and I won my pro card with him and Team Wilson this year. Also I made my pro debut at the KC Pro International with his help and placed second! He ROCKS!
    Thanks for jumping in Kerri. If I even have half the success you did this year I will be proud. I would also have to say that you ROCK yourself. lol

Originally Posted by musclemass22 View Post
    I'm in! Good luck Cliff!
    Thanks Brian, Hopefully I don't run up against you next year

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great to have you on the boards and I look forward to following your progress!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trapzillaoo7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL, yes I do, (EVIL GRIN)! You damn right we are going to do this again, 2014 it is going to be ON!

Quote:

I really appreciate the kind words Brian. This past year was great and you bet that I was not only honored to work with you but call you a friend as well now. I can't lie I am already pumped to do it again. Now you get to see me hungry and tired as hell.
    Check out our Supplement and Fitness Clothing Line! http://www.beyonddriven.com

Brian Ahlstrom
    IFPA, NGA and PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Beyond Driven - www.beyonddriven.com and www.********.com/wearebeyonddriven
    Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting- www.********.com/ahlstromfitnessconsulting
    @YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/AhlstromFitness and http://www.youtube.com/BeyondDriven
    Follow us on Twitter @ahlstromfitness and @werbeyonddriven
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0VNOcV74Es&feature=plcp

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Great to have you on the boards and I look forward to following your progress!
    Thanks Paul! Great job this past weekend at the show. Good luck this weekend too!

Well, I am finally getting around to my first real post. Things have been super busy with clients lately as we have several people that are cutting it close and making a push for pro cards at the end of this year. It should be a fun finish to the season.

So lately with my diet I had been cutting a little bit. I was a bit too heavy this offseason. I never really got sloppy. I just wasn’t as lean as I should be but I wasn’t too concerned since I knew I was going to be giving myself plenty of time to take it off. 5 weeks ago I was 220 lbs. but I have slowly cut down to 210. Since I am taking this really slow, I am actually pausing right here and going to work on increasing food for about a week or two while maintaining my weight. I suspect that I may even drop a bit more while adding food anyway. Here are my current macros:

Protein- 220g

Carbs-400g

Fat- 67g

I do a high carb day once every 5th day with these macros:

Protein-205g

Carbs-775g

Fat-55g

I was losing two lbs. per week on 375 grams of carbs but I added in 25 grams just the other day. I will be adding more in the next day or two. I am really lucky that I have a fast metabolism because I like to eat. Lol. I realize that not many people can lose on so many carbs, but I have always been like that. When I played high school basketball (back when I weighed 156 lbs.), I would eat 3 Whoppers before every game and not gain a pound. Don’t ask me what I was thinking, to this day I have no idea why I chose that as my pre game meal.

Even though I have been cutting I have been making great progress in strength. I have been following a program that I came up. It is a non-linear periodization plan that I would say is similar to PHAT but there are differences in terms of progression, days trained per week, and rep ranges. Really the only similarity is that there are power days and hypertrophy days. Here is the quick rundown.

Day 1: Press Day (assistance delts, triceps)

• Pressing Power movement: Flat DB or Barbell Presses
    10 sets of 3 reps
    • Assistance Pressing movement: Incline DB or Barbell Presses
    2 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance Pressing movement: Decline DB or Barbell Presses
    2 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance pressing movement: Barbell Overhead Press or Clean and Press
    5 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Auxiliary Delt movement: DB Laterals or DB Front Raise
    2 sets of 6-10 reps
    • Auxiliary Triceps movement: Dips or Skullcrushers
    5 sets of 5-7 reps

Day 2: Back, Traps, and Biceps Hypertrophy Day

SEE NOTES BELOW

Day 3: Squat Day (assistance calves)

• Pressing Power movement: Squats
    10 sets of 3 reps
    • Assistance Pressing movement: Leg Press
    2 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance extension movement: Leg Extension
    2 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance Curling movement: Glute-ham raise
    2 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance Abductor movement: Hip Abductors
    2 sets of 6-10 reps
    • Assistance Adductor movement: Hip Adductors
    2 sets of 6-10 reps
    • Auxiliary calf movement: DB calf raise
    3 sets of 6-10 reps

Day 4: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps Hypertrophy Day

SEE NOTES BELOW

Day 5: Pull Day (assistance biceps)

• Pressing Pull movement: Deadlift or Pendlay Row
    10 sets of 3 reps
    • Assistance pull movement: Pull ups
    4 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance Pulling movement: T- Bar Rows
    4 sets of 5-7 reps
    • Assistance trap movement: Scapular Pull-ups
    2 sets of 6-10 reps
    • Auxiliary biceps movement: DB or Preacher Curls
    5 sets of 5-7 reps

Day 6: Leg Hypertrophy Day

SEE NOTES BELOW

Day 7: Rest

This program has a high frequency of training so if at any point you are feeling run down then you should just take an extra off day and resume training the next day where you left off.

Notes

Press, Squat, and Pull Days:

For these three days, start with a weight that is 70% of your one rep max on week one.

During week one, you will perform 10 sets of 3 reps with your starting weight. Rest between sets will be 90 to 120 seconds; no longer or shorter. When you start dropping sets (missing triples), you should keep all rest periods at 120 seconds, or longer if need be.

Each subsequent week you add another 5 pounds to the bar, trying to complete the full 10 sets x 3 reps. (note: if your max is over 300 lbs. you should add 10 lbs. per week until the first time you fail to complete all 10 sets). When you are unable to hit 3 reps with a given set(s), you drop those sets the following week. (Still adding another 5 pounds to the bar)

You continue this pattern of adding a weekly 5 pounds, and dropping sets until you can perform only one set of 3 reps. At this point, you re-calculate your one rep max, and start all over again using 65% of your one rep max. Once you have made it all the way through one cycle with each lift (bench, squat, pull) then the program is finished and you should let me know.
    It is not necessary to train sets to failure. With that said, training to failure might happen occasionally. Stop each set when you feel like your form is slipping or you feel like you might fail on the next rep.

10 Sets x 3 Reps Example

For this example, we will use a lifter with a 200 pound max. 70% of this max yields a starting weight of 140 pounds.
    • Week One - 140 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3

Our lifter is able to hit 10 sets for 3 reps during week one, so he does not drop any sets.
    • Week Two - 145 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3
    • Week Three - 150 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/2/1
    • Week Four - 155 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/2

Week two was another successful effort, as out lifter was able to complete all 10 sets. On the other hand, week three was a struggle. Our lifter failed to complete 3 reps on the last 2 sets, so those sets were dropped during week four. During week four our lifter was unable to complete 3 reps on his 8th set, so that will be dropped on week five.

• Week Five - 160 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3
    • Week Six - 165 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3
    • Week Seven - 170 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3
    • Week Eight - 175 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/1
    • Week Nine - 180 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3
    • Week Ten - 185 pounds x 3/3/3/3/3/3/2
    • Week Eleven - 190 pounds x 3/3/3/3/1
    • Week Twelve - 195 pounds x 3/3/3/3
    • Week Thirteen - 200 pounds x 3/3/3/2
    • Week Fourteen - 205 pounds x 3/3/3
    • Week Fifteen - 210 pounds x 3/3/1
    • Week Sixteen - 215 pounds x 3/2
    • Week Seventeen - 220 pounds x 3

Our lifter ended with a 220 x 3 triple, which is an approximate max of 240 pounds. This is a 40 pound increase in 4 months. Keep in mind that if you have been training for a long time you will not add this amount of strength, this is only an example. Also, keep in mind that sometimes the decreases in your ability to complete the sets will not always be nice and neat. Sometimes you may drop a few sets short. This is fine. Just keep with the plan.

HYPERTROPHY DAYS

Hypertrophy days are the days to train with all out intensity. On these days you can use things like drop sets and strip sets but use them sparingly and only for lagging body parts.

• Hypertrophy days you should use between 10-16 sets for larger body parts and 8-12 sets for smaller body parts. Weak areas should receive more volume while strengths should receive less volume.

• Rep ranges should range between 12-40 reps.

I have been following this plan for some time now and have been making some really good progress. Just the other day I deadlifted 395lbs. for all 10x3. It was even pretty easy. Not bad.

Anyway, I will post full progress pics in the next few weeks. I made it a goal to improve my upper body this offseason and here is a progression pic to show the gains I have made in the past few years. The pic on the left is 2010, the pic in the middle is me in 2011 at 207 lbs. and the pic on the right is me a few week ago at 214 lbs. I am pretty happy so far. Now I just need to cut it down and see what is really under here.

Side Chest (2010, 2011, 2012).jpg

Until next time!

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice 'real first post'
    Your workout looks good and man you can eat.
    Have fun and no doubt your train hard
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

I just found out yesterday that I will be a guest on Natty Talk Radio on Thursday and 11:30pm est. This should be a blast. For those that aren't familiar with it, Natty Talk radio is a podcast that is devoted entirely to natural bodybuilding. I consider it an honor to even be asked to do it. I will be talking about several things such as which of my clients had success this year, training and contest nutrition approaches, and my style of peaking people for shows during the last week.

If any of you are interested in listening in, here is the link. Also, you can always listen to it after it airs as well.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nattyta...5/cliff-wilson
    Last edited by pureintensity; 10-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Nice 'real first post'
    Your workout looks good and man you can eat.
    Have fun and no doubt your train hard
    Thanks man! I am having a blast finally getting lean. I have been dying to get back up on that stage!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the write up of your program! I always enjoy learning more! much appreciated

Thanks for the write up of your program! I always enjoy learning more! much appreciated
    Hopefully you find it useful. The first few weeks are a bit easy but it gets hard really fast. lol.

Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cdt_Richards is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll be follwing along man, can't wait to see how this goes for you!
    www.ripcordperformance.com
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Specialist in Fitness Nutrition

NPC Nationally Qualified Physique Competitor

Prime Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    KEVIN20

After the last few days there are some good things to report and some bad things. The good news is that I have been able to up my food and still drop some more weight. I am now down to 209.4. This is a .6 drop while adding food back in. Here are my current macros for the last 3 days.

Protein- 220g

Carbs-460g

Fat- 67g

So things are going really well from a fat loss standpoint. I should also mention that this is with zero cardio in my plan. I don’t really plan on adding any cardio for a little while longer. I just don’t need it right now.

The bad news is that I tweaked my shoulder a bit. I have a bad shoulder from an injury I sustained while playing basketball in high school. It has never been the same since. It wasn’t too bad this time but unfortunately I will have to change training plans and switch to a plan that involves fewer days per week performing upper body movements. I know from experience that this will allow it to heal and won’t set me back at all. I am kind of bummed about this though as I was making such great progress on the 10x3 plan, but I press on.

Since I knew I was going to be switching my plan but I wasn’t decided what I was going to do yet my training partner and I decided to have an all out, good old fashion high intensity leg session. Here is what we did yesterday:

Squats- 135x20 185x12 225x10 275x8 drop set- 275x8 drop 225x8 drop 135x6

Leg Press- 90x10 180x10 270x10 360x10 450x10 540x10 drop set (cannot rack weight)- 630x10 drop 540x10 drop 450x10 drop 360x10 drop 270x10 drop 180x10 drop 90x10
    After this I needed a long break. Lol.

Leg Ext- stack x 8 stack x 8 stack x 8

DB Stiff Leg Deads- 100s x 12 100s x 10 100s x10

This workout was really fun and I felt sick by the end of it. I really think a lot of people lose their training intensity when they diet. I make it a point to keep the intensity high while dieting. Every time I enter the weight room I try to remind myself of one word, AGGRESSION. Every time I train I want to train with pure aggression. So I will have to decide what my new plan is soon here. I will sure have it up on my next post.

It occurred to me after my last post that I never gave my supplements that I am taking right now. Here is my current list of supps:

Core ABC- pre training and during training along with an additional 10 grams during the day. I mix this with dextrose pre and during training.
    Core Test- Three with breakfast and three with bedtime meal
    Multivitamin- once daily
    Vitamin D- 2000 IU (Core test already contains 1500 IU)
    Core ZAP- 30 Minutes pre workout
    Core PWO- Immediately post workout
    Fish Oil- 5 caps per day
    Core Pro- As needed when I don’t really have time to eat a meal

Lastly, I had a great time with my interview on NattyTalk Radio last night. It was good to be able to have a live interview and give a little insight into my what I do and my views about the sport. If you haven’t checked out the show before I highly encourage you do so. It is always a great listen.

Anyway, better try and get some sleep. Later.

Originally Posted by Cdt_Richards View Post
    I'll be follwing along man, can't wait to see how this goes for you!
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

sorry to hear about the shoulder bro!

Great interview by the way! LOTS learned!

sorry to hear about the shoulder bro!

Great interview by the way! LOTS learned!
    It should get better quickly. Glad you liked the interview. I have been getting pretty good feedback. My phone has a history of dropping calls so I was just hoping that wouldn't happen during the interview. lol

Sorry I have been slacking on the logs this week. It has been a very busy week this past week as I have several competitors competing over the next few weeks. This is not much different from usual but this time I have a lot of first time competitors and they require a little more attention as they have no idea of what to expect. So I always try to make sure they are extra prepared. These next few weeks should be fun though as I will get to be at one of the shows. I always like to attend when I can.

There are a few other things going on right now too that I am really excited about. First off, I will be doing a seminar on Nov. 2nd the night before the USA Super Pro qualifier in Omaha. I will be giving this seminar along with Brian Ahlstrom and John Gorman. These are two other great prep coaches that I have gotten to know very well. As some of you know I worked with Brian for his contest season this year and we got to be good friends in the process. John and I have also gotten to be friends over the last few years so I look forward to doing this. It should be a blast.

Also, since I am a Core Nutritionals athlete there are a lot of things going on right now. The Yorton is only a few weeks away and since it is sponsored by Core it is a busy time. Also, Core has a new pre workout coming called Fury, I am SUPER excited about it. I have seen the ingredient list and this thing is going to be unreal! I can’t say what is in it yet though. Sorry, I have been sworn to secrecy. Lol.

Lastly, for those of you that read Fitness and Physique or get it in the mail make sure you check out my new article and Q and A section in this months issue.

Anyway, things have been going really well with prep. My shoulder has been slowly feeling better. I switched plans as my shoulder needed more days to rest during the week. Also, as strange as this sounds, my shoulder bothers me more when I do high reps rather than low reps. This is usually the case with my shoulder. Because of this I switched to a linear periodization plan for the short term until my shoulder completely heals. I am usually not a fan of linear periodization as it is not nearly as effective as daily undulating periodization, but this will allow me to start heavy and slowly work my way up to higher reps over a few weeks. So here is my current split

Day 1- Chest, Delts, Triceps
    Day 2- Legs, abs
    Day 3- Back, Traps, Biceps
    Day 4- OFF
    Repeat

My progression is as follows:

Week

1- 4-6 reps
    2- 7-9 reps
    3- 10-12 reps
    4- 12-15 reps
    5- 15-20 reps

This should get me back on track pretty fast. As I progress I am leaving in sets from each of the previous weeks so my volume will build as well to accomodate. Here was my workout tonight.

Deadlift- 6x375 6x415 4x465
    Strict Pull Ups- 6x25 6x25 6x25
    BB Rows- 6x225 6x265 4x275
    Lat Pulldown (narrow grip)- 6x180 6x200 5x220
    Incline DB Row- 6x65’s 6x70’s 8x70’s
    DB Shrugs with squeeze and hold- 6x70’s 6x75’s 6x80’s
    DB Curls- 6x45’s 6x50’s 4x55’s
    Narrow BB Curl- 6x95 6x105 6x115
    Standing DB Con. Curl- 6x40 6x45 5x45 (I will get a bit of a hitch on these then lower slowly)

Nutrition wise things are going very well too. I have begun to bring my carbs down a bit again. Here are my current numbers.

P- 220 grams

C- 430 grams

F- 62 grams

I also always take in a BCAA shake with high GI carbs before and during training, then I take a shake after training with whey, BCAAs, and high GI carbs after training. Right now I am getting a total of 100 grams of carbs total in the three shakes. My remaining 330 carbs come from food. As I diet I will keep the carb intake in my shakes steady for a while and will remove carbs from other times of the day. I eat whole foods for pretty much everything simply because I like to eat, but who doesn't?

With these macros I have now dropped down to 207.8. After my high carb days I am higher of course, usually around 211-212 but it falls quickly. So things are moving smoothly.

Before I go I want to mention that one of my clients, Kerri Bolen, was interviewed on “Inside Natural Bodybuilding” the other day. I am so proud of Kerri as she went from just trying to win her pro card at the beginning of the year to going head to head with Patricia Beckman and coming damn close to beating her. Here is the link to the interview

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/natural...ro-kerri-bolen

Anyway, that is all for now. I won’t take so long to get my next log up 

BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This guy Cliff.... I think he knows his shhhhhh ;]
    www.youtube.com/flexxinator
    www.3dmusclejourney.com
    www.blogtalkradio.com/nattytalk

Time for a quick update on progress. Things keep rolling along as I weighed in at 207.0 today. Right on track! Feeling really good right now from both an energy standpoint and I'm not really hungry either so I can't complain. lol. My wife hates me for how much I have been able to eat and keep losing.

Things were a bit challenging this weekend with my diet as I was in St. Louis for a show. Thank god for Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill. Makes is so easy to grab some food out. Things went well this weekend as my client won her masters pro card but I was kind of pissed at the way the judging went though. When my client walked out for the open class it was clear that she was the leanest competitor on stage and really wasn't giving up any size. There was a girl with better symmetry but I thought it wasn't really that close and it should be an easy win. I knew things were not looking good though when the head judge did not move her near the center. The girls then walked off stage and they realized the same girls had to go back on for masters bodybuilding. So they sent them all back out. This time the head judge must have actually looked looked at her and moved her to the middle. When the placing came out that night my client took DEAD LAST in the open, but then with the exact same girls in master she WON the whole thing WTF? How she goes from last to first in a matter of 1 minute is beyond me. I know for a fact that they just didn't look at her. I realize this happens sometimes but it is no less frustrating.

Training tonight was CRAZY! Doug (Miller) sent me my first test of Core Fury and it was gooooood! I took a full dose but it was a bit much for me I think next time I need to go with a bit less but I was flying around unable to stand still. I am still up right now as I type this. lol. Good stuff.

Anyway, for now i keep plugging away and bringing the weight down. I've got another show this weekend so it should be interesting. Can't wait!

Originally Posted by BaFtub View Post
    This guy Cliff.... I think he knows his shhhhhh ;]
    Thanks