FreshbodyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation First Mens Physique Competition

Hey guys,
    I am currently going to compete in a mens Physique competition on october 20th and its my first ever competition so I really am sort of unsure what to expect. I think I'm ok with my pre contest training and dieting but some tips would be appreciated. What I'm most wondering about is how do these shows go? Like could someone give me a general overview of what happens at a show? The prejudging begins at 9 so what time should I get there? What time should I start pumping up? And what are the judges going to want me to do on stage? I know they call out the poses but do they want me completly relaxed or..?

ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ObeyMyFast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FreshbodyD View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am currently going to compete in a mens Physique competition on october 20th and its my first ever competition so I really am sort of unsure what to expect. I think I'm ok with my pre contest training and dieting but some tips would be appreciated. What I'm most wondering about is how do these shows go? Like could someone give me a general overview of what happens at a show? The prejudging begins at 9 so what time should I get there? What time should I start pumping up? And what are the judges going to want me to do on stage? I know they call out the poses but do they want me completly relaxed or..?
    Sub'd. I want to know this as well.
    [Official] San Diego Brah
    @HashtagGymBrah
    Cal 2015
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148506943 = TestoPro Log

splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First - Have you ever been to a competition? I only ask because it is basically that. As far as what time to show up, generally there is a preshow meeting at least for the competitions around in my area. Pumping up would be done obviously before stage time. You should have a general idea of what time you will be going on stage. You will either have already been sent this information, or will get the info the day before at registration. At registration, wouldn’t hurt to make a friend or two that are also competing in MP. This will help a lot back stage. Even though everyone is competing, the difference between this and most sports is we are all there to help one another out. Those that don’t want anything to do with helping other are the ones that won’t make it very far. I hope this helps!

Edit: I would also look on Youtube to see what you will be doing on stage. It is very very basic turns for MP. So just do your research. Your first show is going to always be about just getting the feeling for it. Good luck!
    Last edited by splerf; 10-11-2012 at 05:44 AM.

FreshbodyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I think I've got a pretty solid Idea as to what its gonna look like. Thanks for your guys' help on this! Unfortunately I wont know most of the information about when I'm going to come on stage until probably the day of, as the person whos organized the event has been poor at providing the information and I had to follow up with them several times to finally figure it out. But thanks again for the help guys, pics will be posted after the comp!

splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FreshbodyD View Post
    Yeah, I think I've got a pretty solid Idea as to what its gonna look like. Thanks for your guys' help on this! Unfortunately I wont know most of the information about when I'm going to come on stage until probably the day of, as the person whos organized the event has been poor at providing the information and I had to follow up with them several times to finally figure it out. But thanks again for the help guys, pics will be posted after the comp!
    How did it go?

MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah how did it go? I have me first physique comp November 11th and would really like to know!

nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000) nickmweb is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump & subbed
    Spring Shred Log (Not Sponsored): (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152971491

Blasting Off with SAN Launch 4350 Reloaded: (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151141023

Old School 20 Rep Squat Program: (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149932003

Stim Break Log Not Sponsored: (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148803683

Twitter: RealNickWeb
    Instagram: RealNickWeb

kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Always be early and bring extra food, or an emergency pack like rice cakes, chocolate, honey, etc. Shows will never run exactly on time so you need to try your best to be prepared. I just won my first mens physique show, awesome experience and am willing to answer any questions you may have.
    Last edited by kidkemp; 11-05-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: subbed.
    PSN - kempbrah

Skinny natty men's physique competitor with no legs checking in.

I rep back.

Registered User Good Eye Sniper's Avatar
    Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Preparation is key. A good start? Start searching mens physique on youtube. That is a great resource and bb com has a lot of great articles on it. Hire a personal trainer in your area that has coached a lot of MP. That is worth its weight in Gold. I wish I would have done that years ago. It really would have helped!

Registered User Good Eye Sniper's Avatar
    Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also, check out simplyshredded and cutandjacked. Those are other good resources for MP and their diet prep, etc.

kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A coach definitely helps. I hired one just so I know how competitions work, when to eat, when not to eat, how to pump up, what to eat before going on stage, where to tan, where to get my suit, etc etc etc. A lot of stress is taken off your load, but a coach isn't necessary as a lot of this info is on the internet and what not but it definitely makes your life a lot easier knowing that someone is watching out for you and wants to to succeed.
    PSN - kempbrah

Skinny natty men's physique competitor with no legs checking in.

I rep back.

ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kidkemp View Post
    A coach definitely helps. I hired one just so I know how competitions work, when to eat, when not to eat, how to pump up, what to eat before going on stage, where to tan, where to get my suit, etc etc etc. A lot of stress is taken off your load, but a coach isn't necessary as a lot of this info is on the internet and what not but it definitely makes your life a lot easier knowing that someone is watching out for you and wants to to succeed.
    this. totally worth it especially for the first time through. if you plan on doing bodybuilding at all ever it can also be helpful to have somebody who knows their stuff on posing. proper posing makes a world of difference.

but I believe the time has passed, how did the competition go??
    Personal Trainer and WBFF Pro Classic Physique

***FOLLOW***
    IG @jonkassian

Offering Online Training, program design, and consultations
    ----->>kvfitn3ss@gmail.com<<------

Mention Misc and get discount

MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000) MasterFool is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by kidkemp View Post
    Always be early and bring extra food, or an emergency pack like rice cakes, chocolate, honey, etc. Shows will never run exactly on time so you need to try your best to be prepared. I just won my first mens physique show, awesome experience and am willing to answer any questions you may have.

Cool, good for you. Do you have any pics? Also, I would like to attempt something like this - i let my body go to hell and i work better within a competitive and ordered framework.