Seanmichclarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Hashimotos Thyroiditis - PWO side effects - Need some help...

Hello all,

I've been a longtime lurker (first time poster) of the BB forums and wanted to start off this long-winded post by stating how much the members here have helped me begin my journey of bodybuilding with a solid foundation. Now onto my question...

Relevant BKG Info: I'm a 22yo male with hashimotos thyroidits (diagnosed a year ago) which has been under relative control for the past 6 months. During that time i was put on 90mcg of Armour Thyroid(a porcine dervied t3/t4 combination, 4000iu of VitD a day, Ashwagahnda twice a day, Cortisol manager 3 tablets before bed, and B12 in the morning. I had been seeing an endo and a naturopath endo who determined adrenal issues in addition to my hashimotos diagnosis.

During the last few months i've began a bodybuilding workout routine and a drastic change in diet, which i will detail below. I've become obsessed and truly love working out! I've experienced a complete life change; had a swell of energy, was sleeping regularly, cognitivley sharp, and just generally felt excellent. It was a complete transformation in my wellbeing.

Because of my success i decided to see how i would do off my Armour Thyroid Meds, and after weeks i was completely fine. I felt like a new human being.

After doing some research on how to maximize my muscle gains i decided to go with a PWO to help with intensity. Specifically Neurocore (the "NEW" formula).

Serving: With the neurocore, i started with one scoop to test my tolerance to stims, ramped up to 2 scoops during that first week, and increased to 3 scoops every PWO after. The reason for my ramping up was that the neurocore generally didn't have that WOW feeling I obtained after that first scoop.

I began taking this supplement approx. 4 weeks ago from the time i am posting this. During these 4 weeks i noticed nothing but great results, pumps, and a generally terrific afterglow feeling.

-----

However,

As of 3 days ago i started to feel general anxiety seep into my thoughts, followed by depression, general fatigue, apathy for things once enjoyed, and a loss of labido. It got to the point (3 days ago) when in the middle of my workout, i began to feel terrible anxiety to the point that i became overwhelmed in thoughts and could not finish my delt workout.

Because of my background with Thyroid and adrenal issues i went to my GP and had my blood taken for T3, reverse, t4, cortisol, D, and B12 and am currently awaiting those results back.

My question to the members- can the stims in Neurcore, which seems to just be caffeine anhydrous, take my thyroid out of the leveled state it was in causing all of these side effects and issues to re-surface? Am i experiencing adrenal burnout from putting stims in an already fragile endocrine system? Would these side-effects, if they ARENT from my thyroid, still be caused by the PWO days later? Or does this sound more like overtraining? In addition, due to conflicting reviews and research ive been getting, is it really worth it to try one of these non-stim PWO's?

My ignorance of stimulants is truly what has put me in this situation, and i understand and take full responsibility for that. I'm looking for some feedback here on those with more experience than I with PWO's and the possible side effects they cause, and how long they typically last.

Diet : @ 132lb 5'10 Male 22yo

2400cals 208g protein/208g carbs/ 100g fat on nonworkout days.

2700cals on workout days. (The addition of a pre and post shake).

I'm following a 4 day a week routine, with plenty of sleep and rest each day. At least 8-9 hours.

P.S. - I actually LOVED this product, it worked great. i just had to discontinue due to alarming side effects.

Any help from the forum members would be appreciated.

Thanks!

=smc

stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Long answer short...maybe. You have an autoimmune disease and anything can set it off....drugs, diet, stress (including physical like working out or psych stress). You did the right thing by having your bloodwork checked and if it is out of whack you will probably not find the exact reason why.....But its usually a combo of things.
    "get your mouth guard out cause I am going in deeeep and dry"
    -400lb Gorilla

MFC

Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A friend of mine with Hashimoto's is taking similar meds/supplements and was also advised to avoid caffeine and gluten.