Zandareagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pictures and names of workout equipment?

Hello all!

I recently moved to a new apartment with a mini-gym for residents to use. Having not been very active about working out besides a few stints in the past, I decided to check it out. However, since I've never actually had a trainer or been to a gym for any length of time, I had no idea how to use most of the machines there. I checked the wall charts but they were mainly nutrition guides (I kid you not) without any form of instructions.

Knowing how dangerous it is to use a machine when you don't know how to, I went online to search for pictures/videos/information about the machines I saw, but it proved to be harder than I thought. I could find tons of info on individual machines and techniques, but that didn't solve the problem of what machine was what - I knew what they looked like, but not their names!

So I decided to ask here if anyone knew of a site with just the names and pictures of simple workout machines. I've managed to identify a few (abdominal bench, pec deck) but some still elude me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Zandareagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did look through the articles and search using the website search function, but I didn't find anything like what I was looking for...

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Type the following words into YouTube individually...

Seated calf
    Standing calf
    Leg extension
    Leg curl
    Seated leg curl
    Leg press
    Squat
    Crunches
    Knee raise
    Back extension
    Lat pulldown
    Seated row
    Supported row
    Pullover machine
    Chest press
    Bench press
    Incline press
    Pec dec
    Cable crossovers
    Military press
    Shoulder press
    Lateral raise
    Upright row
    Barbell curl
    Preacher curl
    Tricep push downs
    Tricep extension

Most mini gyms are based around these types of movements.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post pics and list mfgr names.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Barbell, can you say barbell?

Baaaaaaaarbell

Good, gooooooood!

You make daddy proud
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Everyones been pretty gentle so far so I'll go gentle here too. OP, you aren't going to know it ll over night, it takes time to learn what you are doing but here are a few things that will speed up your learning.

1) Hire a personal trainer for a few sessions. He'll take you around all the equipment, show you good tecnique, and write you a beginners programme.

2) Invest in some good books- Insiders tell all handbook on weight training technique, beyond brawn, and starting strength, are my personal favourites and are very information dense- i.e no fluffy pictures.

3) Read, read, and read some more and watch some youtube videos from reputable coaches.

4) Use the forum to post specific questions AFTER using the search to make sure its not a question that has been asked a million times before.

You don't need to know what each machine or exercise is, you just need to know a pool of good movements, train them hard, consistantly, and progressivly for a few years and eat well.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()