chongy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest/bicep questions

I am a begineer trying to get into shape and bulk up!! Though I have been watching bicep/chest workouts to try and learn more exercises and I read lots of comments on those videos of people saying "chest and biceps don't go together". Is this true? Because I put chest/biceps together. I just want to know if I am doing things right by doing bicep/chest together.

Also a few extra exercises you guys could help me with would be pretty awesome!

LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do what works for you. i used to do chest and biceps together a while back. It doesn't make a difference.

chongy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LSXdr View Post
    Do what works for you. i used to do chest and biceps together a while back. It doesn't make a difference.
    That is what I was thinking. I suppose everyone has their opinions on what is good and what isn't good.

TimeForBigD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TimeForBigD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its generally said that chest and bi's dont "go together" because you normally do chest and tri's, or back and bi's.
    You are triggering the triceps when doing chest, and likewise with biceps when doing back.
    So its sub-optimal if you do chest and bi's in one workout because you wouldnt be able to hit back or bi's as hard the next workout.

Honestly, do whatever you want.

I personally do chest and bi's because 1- I feel massif for the day haha and 2- my bi's recover quick anyway no matter how heavy I go.

Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leafs03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do chest and tris, cause your trics work alot when you do chest so might as well just do those two at the same...for some people it works your way.. its all up to you man.. goodluck

CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CtGray84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chest and bi's is a good pairing, especially if you do chest first. By doing chest and using triceps your activating the biceps and hence priming them for work.

Doing triceps after chest will mean the triceps are fatigued when you get to em and won't work as efficiently. Not saying that it's not a good idea to train that way, but I personally prefer to train muscles when they are fresh and preferably primed. Providing you space your workouts right you shouldnt have any dramas with residual fatigue or soreness.

Just do what your comfortable with mate and what gets you the best results...
    I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.

mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrdobalina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was doing chest/bis when I started but was making no progress with my biceps after a while. Recently I started doing bi/tris and my bis are exploding. try a routine of more higher rep and lower weight until you get strong then move to more weight, but also mix it up.

start off with pull ups to warm up.
    dumbell lift 6-8 reps 20-30lbs, then right after use ez bar curl with approx same amount of weight for like 4-6 reps or until failure, then right to a 45 lb olympic straight bar (just the bar) to failure. do 3 or 4 sets of this and you will feel the burn.

then do preacher curls on the bench with the ez curl bar for as much weight as you can do but try and keep it at 8 reps, 3 sets. make sure your arms go all the way down, dont cheat.

then do a heavy tricep workout, skullcrushers, rope pull down, bench dips, etc.

then EAT lots.

try that out for a bit and see if it works for you.