IrishShane16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to fix butt wink?

I have been doing stretches etc for my squats, and I'm can now go deep and keep the top of my back straight, but my lower back curves. (I think that's butt wink?), are there any stretches I can do to help me with this? Also any tips on preventing this? Thanks.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    www.mobilitywod.com

Mainly, hamstring stretches, calve and ankle stretches, hip mobility work. Glute activation work
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IrishShane16 View Post
    I have been doing stretches etc for my squats, and I'm can now go deep and keep the top of my back straight, but my lower back curves. (I think that's butt wink?), are there any stretches I can do to help me with this? Also any tips on preventing this? Thanks.
    Keep your chest up. If you maintain thoracic extension into the bottom of your squat your back will not round. However, you will probably find that you need more flexibility in order to squat to depth without dropping your chest (and rounding your back.)

I had planned to do squats as part of my routine tonight (most of my routine, actually), should I just skip them and just continue to stretch etc until I can get the correct form?

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IrishShane16 View Post
    I had planned to do squats as part of my routine tonight (most of my routine, actually), should I just skip them and just continue to stretch etc until I can get the correct form?
    No. Get comfortable with keeping your chest up so that your back does not round and go as deep as you can without letting your chest drop. Then work some more on flexibility.

Originally Posted by tidnab View Post
    No. Get comfortable with keeping your chest up so that your back does not round and go as deep as you can without letting your chest drop. Then work some more on flexibility.
    Ah ok, thanks!