caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500)

injured foot real bad.. Should i continue to cut?

I was with friends last night and i stepped wrong and something felt like it tore/pulled on the side of my left foot on the outside part. its not my ankle. Should i continue to cut while i wait it out with no working out or just eat at maintence?

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by caseyjohnson View Post
    I was with friends last night and i stepped wrong and something felt like it tore/pulled on the side of my left foot on the outside part. its not my ankle. Should i continue to cut while i wait it out with no working out or just eat at maintence?
    What does a hurt foot have to do with a cut? You will always have something sore, something hurt, have a birthday party to go to, a family get together, it will be your anniversary, etc, etc, etc. If you want to cut.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can still workout with an injured foot...You just can't run anymore, and possibly some leg exercises.

olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, if your just looking for an excuse to quit then this is a halfway decent one you can tell yourself...

But, if you still want to workout there are plenty of exercises you can do without your foot - you can do Leg Extensions and Leg Curls without even using your feet, just use machines that take weight off your foot for any exercise that would irritate it.

caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500)
    I didnt mean to use it for an excuse. I didn't know if it would heal faster if I eat normally and not in a deficit or not so thats why I asked. and I definately will not do leg exercises. It sucks to even walk. If it gets better somewhat ill lift but for the meantime, im not going to cry over not being able to lift.

Qyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Plenty of other ways to cut bro, HIIT training with upperbody workouts. And then you've got your alternatives such as the rowing machine.

olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didnt mean to use it for an excuse. I didn't know if it would heal faster if I eat normally and not in a deficit or not so thats why I asked. and I definately will not do leg exercises. It sucks to even walk. If it gets better somewhat ill lift but for the meantime, im not going to cry over not being able to lift.
    How exactly does a foot injury stop you from doing a Leg Extension or Curl? Its up to you, but your going to lose leg muscle if you cut and don't do them...

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do you even know its a legit injury ?

A few weeks ago I was deadlifting and felt a pop in my lowerback.

I couldnt believe the amount of pain I was in, and was terrified I completely effed something up bad. The pain was absolutely excruciating and I have an INCREDIBLY high pain tolerance. I spent 2-3 days in bed cycling the most tylenol/advil that ive EVER taken in my life. After a few days I was up and about, and the next week I was back taking my MMA classes sparring with buff ass mofos.

Point is if you JUST hurt yourself yesterday, you dont even know if its a legit injury yet. And considering that you just stepped wrong (and werent like tackled in football or something) odds are pretty good that its just a minor sprain or something stupid and youll be fine in a day or two.

Although ive also broken a bone in my ankle from jumping the wrong way before so it could be legit too, but just man up deal with it. And if its still bad in a few days see a doctor. Diet aint gonna help with the healing etc at all, but odds are its nothing

Originally Posted by dcmaggio View Post
    How do you even know its a legit injury ?

A few weeks ago I was deadlifting and felt a pop in my lowerback.

I couldnt believe the amount of pain I was in, and was terrified I completely effed something up bad. The pain was absolutely excruciating and I have an INCREDIBLY high pain tolerance. I spent 2-3 days in bed cycling the most tylenol/advil that ive EVER taken in my life. After a few days I was up and about, and the next week I was back taking my MMA classes sparring with buff ass mofos.
    Point is if you JUST hurt yourself yesterday, you dont even know if its a legit injury yet. And considering that you just stepped wrong (and werent like tackled in football or something) odds are pretty good that its just a minor sprain or something stupid and youll be fine in a day or two.

Although ive also broken a bone in my ankle from jumping the wrong way before so it could be legit too, but just man up deal with it. And if its still bad in a few days see a doctor. Diet aint gonna help with the healing etc at all, but odds are its nothing
    How do I know? My grandmother who has been a nurse for 32 years. Its not broken or anything but probably a torn ligament. Its been 2 days and its hurt the same as it did when its happened. If it was a sprain id be able to toughen it out easily. But it has nothing to do with my ankle. I can hardly even walk I mean I do but I have a major limp and every step is painful and honestly my life isn't about bodybuilding so I don't really care if I lose a couple of lbs on my leg exercises. I'm in this for Martial Arts and not to be a huge guy.

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do I know? My grandmother who has been a nurse for 32 years. Its not broken or anything but probably a torn ligament. Its been 2 days and its hurt the same as it did when its happened. If it was a sprain id be able to toughen it out easily. But it has nothing to do with my ankle. I can hardly even walk I mean I do but I have a major limp and every step is painful and honestly my life isn't about bodybuilding so I don't really care if I lose a couple of lbs on my leg exercises. I'm in this for Martial Arts and not to be a huge guy.
    But a torn ligament isnt a nursing diagnosis (simply saying thats not what nurses do), a doctor would diagnosis that using imaging techniques. And unless she has xray vision, torn ligaments are often diagnosed with xrays and or MRIs and or other diagnostic techniques.

48-72 hours (2-3 days)after an injury is when swelling is usually maximized, so it makes sense that pain would still be as bad if not worse especially if not properly managed (RICE)

Im not saying its nothing or it is something, but the "probably a torn ligament" stuff is you getting way too ahead of yourself.

You gotta let the swelling go down first

Originally Posted by dcmaggio View Post
    But a torn ligament isnt a nursing diagnosis (simply saying thats not what nurses do), a doctor would diagnosis that using imaging techniques. And unless she has xray vision, torn ligaments are often diagnosed with xrays and or MRIs and or other diagnostic techniques.

48-72 hours (2-3 days)after an injury is when swelling is usually maximized, so it makes sense that pain would still be as bad if not worse especially if not properly managed (RICE)

Im not saying its nothing or it is something, but the "probably a torn ligament" stuff is you getting way too ahead of yourself.

You gotta let the swelling go down first
    I'm just assuming it is torn cause the way it happened. I jsut lifted my foot and I felt something grab inside and as I set it down It grabbed even further then finally pain started to come. That has never happened to me with a sprain and there are 26 bones total in the foot so it could be a high possibility. Im just trying to assume what it is so i can give it a name. I tried looking online if its possible to sprain a part of my foot and its not. so there isnt that many more possibilities of what it is. There isnt any swelling atleast not visible to me. I looked up symptons of a torn ligament and everything it has said I have and I cant go to a doctor. No medical insurance in my area. It just sucks because the bone that coordinates movement in a foot is the bone that I assume got hurt or whatever it is cause it only hurts in that area.

Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I sprained my ankle, I saw a doctor just to make sure it wasn't something worse. I continued with my calorie deficit and still managed to lose 2lbs/wk while out of commission.
    Formerly 280 lbs - July 2011

salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would see a doctor, I had something similar recently with me. I thought was just a bruise and I would take a week off and it would go away but after 2 weeks it hadn't. Turns out when I saw him I had Planar Fasciitus where there are micro tears at the heel end of the ligament from your heel to your ball of your foot. Usually is caused by a increase in your activity level, which this past summer I definitely did.

Just hang in there and keep up with the diet at least.
    Trying to get back to my old self PLUS improve it.

Getting back onto this train and not getting derailed again!
    1-2-2012: 290 |