Closed Thread
Page 298 of 299 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,940 of 8970
    Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Can't we all just get along?
    I just love a good discussion. If people can't explain or back up their opinions, I push for more. :P

Originally Posted by CliveWarren View Post
    This is a pretty interesting discussion. I have a couple thoughts:

I'm not sure if this is akin to Body Dismorphic Disorder. Couldn't it be argued that bodybuilders in general suffer from this? There was a time where bodybuilders were considered weird.

We are still in the infancy in our knowledge of these subjects. As we've learned more about autism (just an example, no inference implied) the definition broadened leading to a greater frequency of diagnosis. It's been suggested that gender isn't a binary option.

I'm not sure we've even begun to talk about sexuality. Do we assume Jenae is gay? Clearly, Matt was married to a lady. Was he the proverbial lesbian in a man's body? Would that be immature to ask?

It seems that a lot of people seem to get worked up about something that will never be a common problem. I think it would just be easier to respect the individual's wishes.
    I could be totally wrong, but my assumption with body dismorphia is that it's a purely learned trait. It's not genetic in any way. I've never heard of children wanting to me monstrously huge or anorexic, bar for those who are already fat due to poor diets & social pressures. Again, it only exists due to external influences. If there's an example of it being genetic, point me in that direction. I'd love to read the article.
    I don't see the relation to trans, considering he's always felt this way & imo, it's purely genetic.

Matt Kroc isn't gay. Is he a lesbian? I don't think so.
    Palumbo did an interview with him & those topics came up, among others.

I can't wrap my head around the hate for the guy. Who honestly cares?
    As for a discussion of it, that's cool. I think there's enough hate threads in misc & on the internet to suffice people who are scared of change.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On the thought of it being genetic.

Look at Bushmen or other primitive tribes. What would a transgender Bushman dress and act like? Both sexes wear the same minimal animal skin covering and don't appear that different other than the obvious physical differences in the sexes.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    On the thought of it being genetic.

Look at Bushmen or other primitive tribes. What would a transgender Bushman dress and act like? Both sexes wear the same minimal animal skin covering and don't appear that different other than the obvious physical differences in the sexes.
    Anthropology! There's an interesting topic
    The assumption that they all dress alike isn't correct though. There's differences in clothing & jewelry between the sexes in many tribes. Some women are topless while in other tribes, they cover up. In some tribes, both sexes are totally naked. It's a hard argument to start with a blanket statement that covers such a diverse group.

My take on LGBT as a whole is that it's a form of natural population control. I'd bet we see a higher prevalence of the subgroup in much larger populations. Being gay could have been a lot rarer back when populations on earth were smaller & had less demand for resources. What I mean by this is that I don't doubt genes across populations communicate in some way (pheromones for instance) to cause this. Our cells communicate this way, just on a much smaller scale. You'll notice a major uptick in testosterone & aggressiveness in prison. It's not like any cells related to the production of testosterone see that there's a lot of guys around & possible competition for resources. It's just a simple response to higher than normal level of male pheromones, at least that's what I'd guess towards. I can see this relation to populations as a mechanism to decrease competition without killing off anyone.

'd be curious to know if more women give birth to gay/transgender kids in larger cities with high population densities.
    Without technology, there's no way a population could be sustained from normal, old school farming or hunter gatherer types of lifestyles. That could be why it's more common in society, that even things like transgender people exist as a fallout. It might not just be because larger cities are typically more liberal & open to the idea. Rural areas simply don't have the population densities.

Another interesting fact: gay males (not sure about females) in animal populations have been observed for a long time. I'm not talking about one or two species, but over 50. It's common place.

This should be an interesting topic of a paper & easy grant money. Just survey people who identify themselves as part of the LGBT community & ask if they were born in rural areas or populations with higher densities. Then take the rate of incidence per 100k.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My point with the Bushmen was that in taking away a person's ability to express themselves as the opposite sex, there would be no transgender people.

Have there been transgender animals identified, my guess is no because they have no way to express it. Homosexual, yes but not transgender.

This is why I think there is no genetic link like their could be for homosexuality.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Pretty sure that's a comparison. Why bring up something that's also not "acceptable" otherwise?
    I've already explained that for you.

If you choose to dismiss my explanation, and allow your own bias to influence your interpretation of my words, I'm sorry, I can't help you.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey...1. a shower tub combo is ideal for us in the guest bathroom, we've got a small child who still takes baths. It saves space. Having the laundry room upstairs is AWESOME I hate the idea of walking up/down stairs to do laundry. Pantry is close to the kitchen, so who cares if it's "in" the kitchen. Office downstairs is also a perk, and the closet in it allows us to have an extra bedroom should we ever need it. We love the downstairs storage area in the garage and the house. Allows us to keep most of our cleaning supplies in one area and not sitting in a bedroom closet or a hall closet.

It's a little over 2500 sq ft. I think we'll be very satisfied with it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #56 ▪█─────█▪

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone having problems logging into bb.com on their smart phones?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I could be totally wrong, but my assumption with body dismorphia is that it's a purely learned trait. It's not genetic in any way. I've never heard of children wanting to me monstrously huge or anorexic, bar for those who are already fat due to poor diets & social pressures. Again, it only exists due to external influences. If there's an example of it being genetic, point me in that direction. I'd love to read the article.
    There are definitely genetic factors to obesity. There are even some single gene mutations that cause obesity although it is often much more complex. Obesity is an entire field of research with its own journals and meetings. I'm not sure about "want". You may not "want" to be obese even if you are obese. But there are also obese people that are very happy their bodies. "Want" is very complicated.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always wanted to be bald. I'm sure I did; I must have.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

My point with the Bushmen was that in taking away a person's ability to express themselves as the opposite sex, there would be no transgender people.

Have there been transgender animals identified, my guess is no because they have no way to express it. Homosexual, yes but not transgender.

This is why I think there is no genetic link like their could be for homosexuality.
    Animals are a real PITA to deal with in terms of sexuality. Some can flow between genders morphological. In extremely high male populations, frogs have been shown to convert to the female sex so that they can continue breeding. If we're talking strictly about mammals, then it's possible that instead instead of the ability to become the opposite gender, you become trans. Just a guess here. In terms of mammals that aren't humans, you'd have to study I gigantic population of gorillas or any primate that can communicate with sign language to actually convey thoughts. I don't know the incidence of people who identify as trans, but I bet it's a hell of a lot lower than gay/bisexual.
    An animal could simply act gay in an attempt to change genders. It's a hypothesis at best. The issue is there's fewer distinctions for trans outside of the clothing & other things, like you pointed out. I agree, that makes the whole discussion complicated. It's a complex issue, no doubt. If only animals could talk, we'd have all the answers.

Chrome on Android has no issues logging in over cellular.

Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    There are definitely genetic factors to obesity. There are even some single gene mutations that cause obesity although it is often much more complex. Obesity is an entire field of research with its own journals and meetings. I'm not sure about "want". You may not "want" to be obese even if you are obese. But there are also obese people that are very happy their bodies. "Want" is very complicated.
    I never said there wasn't a genetic components, but...
    The incidence of obesity is far higher than the genetic predisposition the population has, right? Lack of exercise & diet are the two main causes. Genetics just compound the problem. 2/3 of America being overweight/obese is not a genetic issue. Increases in obesity rates can be followed in terms of where McDonald's pop up for goodness sake! That's in no way proving there's a no a genetic component, but you just never saw these issues 50 years ago & our genetic profile as a population did not change that rapidly.

Maybe a better question to ask then is "Has body dismorphia been observed in children who were not ridiculed?"
    We can go on about obesity, but body dismorphia is not limited to that single topic. You will always find people, no matter the circumstances that are happy. You'll find terminally ill patients with an up beat attitude. So what? I bet they still "want" to be cured. It's pretty easy to access if someone has a desire for something by simply asking. Wanting something isn't that complicated.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Something must have been going on. I tried checking in earlier today and got a message that my IP address had been banned. I sent an email questioning it and still haven't heard back but now everything is fine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    Something must have been going on. I tried checking in earlier today and got a message that my IP address had been banned. I sent an email questioning it and still haven't heard back but now everything is fine.
    You too, huh? My IP was banned as well. I'm on the road right now so I'm on my phone, but as of 2:30 this afternoon my home IP was still banned.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    I always wanted to be bald. I'm sure I did; I must have.
    Ha! Sometimes we get what we want!

I never said there wasn't a genetic components, but...
    The incidence of obesity is far higher than the genetic predisposition the population has, right? Lack of exercise & diet are the two main causes. Genetics just compound the problem. 2/3 of America being overweight/obese is not a genetic issue. Increases in obesity rates can be followed in terms of where McDonald's pop up for goodness sake! That's in no way proving there's a no a genetic component, but you just never saw these issues 50 years ago & our genetic profile as a population did not change that rapidly.

Maybe a better question to ask then is "Has body dismorphia been observed in children who were not ridiculed?"
    We can go on about obesity, but body dismorphia is not limited to that single topic. You will always find people, no matter the circumstances that are happy. You'll find terminally ill patients with an up beat attitude. So what? I bet they still "want" to be cured. It's pretty easy to access if someone has a desire for something by simply asking. Wanting something isn't that complicated.
    There are definitely environmental factors responsible for obesity. The genetics of obesity is not a subject of expertise though I find it interesting and I do have some experience with research on the topic. I don't have any professional experience with research on body dysmorphia. But my understanding is that often the perceived defects are imagined so they wouldn't be apparent to others. I don't know if ridicule is always responsible since the defects may not actually exist. But social influences can have a powerful affect.

What I meant by "want is very complicated" is the underlying reason can be complicated. If you're terminally ill, the reason is simple. You want a cure so that you can live. But originally this was an analogy for Kroc's decision to become a woman.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Announcement about "Accidental" IP bans at top of page from the ForumSentinel.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/announcement.php?f=26

Atty, you should neg him.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

I can't think of any examples of trangender animals... but I haven't looked either.

I don't know much about the subject but I think the word "homosexuality" is misleading when referring to animals. I think "bisexuality" may be a more accurate description for most cases (eventhough the word "homosexuality" is more frequently used). I think an actual preference for same sex relations is really rare in animals. But I haven't done any reading on the subject. If male laboratory mice are separated from females in captivity, they sometimes will "mate" with eachother. But if you put the same mouse in a cage with a female, it will mate with the female.
    Last edited by morebarbell; 08-23-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Ha! Sometimes we get what we want!

There are definitely environmental factors responsible for obesity. The genetics of obesity is not a subject of expertise though I find it interesting and I do have some experience with research on the topic. I don't have any professional experience with research on body dysmorphia. But my understanding is that often the perceived defects are imagined so they wouldn't be apparent to others. I don't know if ridicule is always responsible since the defects may not actually exist. But social influences can have a powerful affect.

What I meant by "want is very complicated" is the underlying reason can be complicated. If you're terminally ill, the reason is simple. You want a cure so that you can live. But originally this was an analogy for Kroc's decision to become a woman.
    I was just giving an example, but in no way limiting it to that example.

Interestingly enough, a quick google search yielded this study about genetic overlap with dysmorphia & related it to OCD.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22434544

While one study isn't enough to "prove" anything, it is interesting there's an undeniable incidence & the population (1074 pairs) is a large group by any standard.
    I don't doubt there's likely more studies on the topic. I am curious, however, to know what social pressures people were under. The issue reminds me a little bit about how allergies are prevalent in 1st world nations (I usually think of the USA & EU), but allergies are highly unheard of in 3rd world areas. African is a good example. Considering all of the diseases & lack of health care, their immune systems are never "bored" & in search of an antagonist to attack. I wonder if the incidence of homosexuality & any form of non-heterosexuality is less in non-developed places of the world, outside of persecution.

I learned something today!

As for his decision, coming out was a decision, but no where did he state that he made up his mind one day. Seems to me he's always felt like this for as long as he could comprehend his sexuality & compare it to the norm.
    Whenever I see people bringing up a "choice" with sexuality, I always question when any single straight person decided to be straight. No one gene has a single function, so I don't see how sexuality would be a singular thing with all other forms being a choice. When I say I don't see how, I don't see any proof or logical reason to believe so.

I can't think of any examples of trangender animals... but I haven't looked either.

I don't know much about the subject but I think the word "homosexuality" is misleading when referring to animals. I think "bisexuality" may be a more accurate description for most cases. I think an actual preference for same sex relations is really rare in animals. But I haven't done any reading on the subject. If male laboratory mice are separated by sex in captivity, they sometimes will "mate". But if you put the same mouse in a cage with a female, it will mate with the female.
    That's true. Same with men in prison, although that's more of a dominance thing, ironically, as well as a release.
    This article supports your statement: http://www.mygenes.co.nz/rams.htm, as does this quote:
    "A typical claim is: J. A. Fitzgerald (1) cited as saying that 16% of domestic rams never mate with females. Of that 16%, 6% are asexual and 10% prefer rams to ewes. The corresponding behaviour is rare among ewes." It goes on later to say that it's a rate of 1%.
    In my opinion, it probably falls somewhere in the middle. It depends on a person's standards of what defines homosexuality. We also really don't know "why" the animals are doing what they are doing, but instead try to guess at the answer. In 100 years, we'll all probably be wrong.

One thing that I do find interesting, is that there seems to be some correlation to deviant behavior in animals compared to intelligence.
    There was a 4 year long war between Chimpanzees over the death of one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
    It's the only known "war" seen in primates, at least that I'm aware of.
    Another fact many people have heard of is that dolphins rape each other.
    I'm guessing that mental disorders, war, rape, etc increase in populations as the average IQ increases. Most brilliant people have severe hang ups & issues. I'm wondering if sexuality & minor deviations in it are just a biproduct of human's current & overall IQ. I could be totally wrong, but it's got me thinking.

...I'm guessing that mental disorders, war, rape, etc increase in populations as the average IQ increases. Most brilliant people have severe hang ups & issues. I'm wondering if sexuality & minor deviations in it are just a biproduct of human's current & overall IQ. I could be totally wrong, but it's got me thinking.
    It's not something that I've given much thought but Klüver–Bucy syndrome came to mind. It causes extremely unusual behavior in animals as well as humans. It's caused by a bitemporal lesion. I don't know if there are genetic causes that have been identified yet.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone know anything about this? I found this under some tree roots digging a hole for another fence portion.

▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    Anyone know anything about this? I found this under some tree roots digging a hole for another fence portion.

Check this out...

One of his blocks says "Peeble" on it too.

More links:

http://bricksofohioblog.wordpress.co...rtsmouth-ohio/

http://cincinnatihistorichomes.com/o...-and-mine-too/

It seems that some folks collect these???
    Last edited by KBKB; 08-24-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a random question about barbells but didn't wanna derail the "home gym picture" thread. I see a lot of you guys have multiple 7' barbells. I'm not talking about the specialty bars like the squat safety or hex bar....but just your regular straight 7' bars. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of this? Are there different straight bars for say deadlifting than squatting, or is it something else? I always assumed a barbell was a barbell, and the higher the price the higher the quality, but they all were identical in their purpose.

BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedSix View Post
    I had a random question about barbells but didn't wanna derail the "home gym picture" thread. I see a lot of you guys have multiple 7' barbells. I'm not talking about the specialty bars like the squat safety or hex bar....but just your regular straight 7' bars. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of this? Are there different straight bars for say deadlifting than squatting, or is it something else? I always assumed a barbell was a barbell, and the higher the price the higher the quality, but they all were identical in their purpose.
    You have probably noticed the variety of features of bars, from differences in knurling (both depth and location on the bar), diameter/thickness, to how much whip there is, to whether there are things like needle bearings or bushings. Generally people like to deadlift with a thinner, more whippy bar with a more aggressive knurl, because it is easier to grip and with enough weight it bends such that the portion of the bar you grip is actually higher when the plates break the ground. Thicker bar is often more comfortable for pressing movements, knurling all the way to the sleeves for snatch grip movements, center knurl for back squats...and so on. Think of the various movements as jobs, and different barbells are like more specialized tools for the job. Sure, you can use a wrench, but maybe a socket set or Channellocks would work better.
    Last edited by BuildingMAS; 08-24-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #88 []---[]

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Goldfingers banned?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Goldfingers banned?
    Looks that way. Any idea why?

(I didn't see anything obvious after looking at his recent posts - of course, it could have been deleted.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Goldfingers banned?

Good riddance.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Good riddance.
    He will just come back with another username if it is permanent.

It's not that difficult to fit in around here, but he can't seem to find a spot.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Goldfingers banned?

You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    He will just come back with another username if it is permanent.

It's not that difficult to fit in around here, but he can't seem to find a spot.

Dude...seriously?

Did anyone see this yet?
    http://i.imgur.com/3DjL9vA.gifv

Not sure if I should think he's lucky to be alive or is he actually that bad ass?

I cannot wait for people coming in here asking questions about what space board for oly squats vs space board for wide stance.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did anyone see this yet?

Not sure if I should think he's lucky to be alive or is he actually that bad ass?

I cannot wait for people coming in here asking questions about what space board for oly squats vs space board for wide stance.
    Is there no end to the stupidity of those cultfit wankers?

BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did anyone see this yet?

Saw a video of a guy (not sure if the same guy) going around a gym on one of those. Was on a treadmill, then moved around and did different exercises.

Reminds me of a blog I read that regularly uses a picture of a guy squatting while standing on an exercise/stability ball.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #88 []---[]

Closed Thread