Closed Thread
Page 245 of 299 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 8970
    Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oldschoolifter View Post
    I would trade ammo for Patron...
    It's my one weakness...lol
    Patron is nice, but I prefer Herradura. Silver of course.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Feel free to try whatever, that's the recipe I was given. I normally don't like the lemon/lime flavor but it seems to work well with the Redbull.

Make sure it's grain alcohol though, Everclear makes vodka too. Could be any brand of it, but it needs to be grain for full effect.

ETA: Found the source. It's "Tucker Death Mix" - it's in one of Tucker Max's stories.

Oh man, that guy!

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    Oh man, that guy!
    like I said - be careful, good times are to be had
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I hiked a couple laps of the Lousley Hill Trail late in the day on Monday. Each lap is about a mile long with a bit over 250 feet of total ascent. I was hoping to do four laps, but ran out of daylight. I was wanting to get in over 1000 feet of total ascent, but had to settle for half of that.

I've been using a pair of Altra Superior 1.5 trail running shoes for my shorter hikes. They're zero drop shoes with a wide toe box and minimal cushioning. I've been trying (and mostly succeeding, I think) to adapt my feet for use with minimal footwear. Lousley Hill Trail is the rockiest trail that I've used these shoes on yet. Rain has eroded away the loose soil on the trail, leaving mostly rocks, especially in the steeper sections. Some of those sections are fairly loose too, which added to the challenge. I could definitely feel the rocks through the soles of the Altras, but it went pretty well.

My feet were hurting last week, probably from stressing muscles in my feet that don't get a lot of work by wearing conventional shoes. I hiked a bit over 6 miles with my wife on Sunday using the Altras. When I finished, my feet felt better than they did on Friday's hike in which I used a pair of Merrell Moab Gore-Tex hiking shoes. (Friday's hike was a little bit longer though - 7.5 miles.)

One other piece of gear that I can comment on is the Garmin fenix 2. It's a GPS watch with built-in compass and barometric altimeter (which can be auto-calibrated via GPS). I've been using it to keep track of my hikes in the past few weeks. I had doubts about it at first because I found the display hard to read indoors, but I have no problems reading it outdoors. I'd still prefer more contrast in the display though. I had been using an old eTrex Vista HCX for this purpose, but it's a lot bulkier by comparison. The eTrex Vista has much better map capabilities though. The fenix has a map, but you don't want to have to rely on it. The fenix does allow you to load tracks into it and navigate via the tracks; I'll have to try this sometime to see how usable it is. (There have been a few hikes that we've done where we wouldn't have found our way without the GPS track; this is especially a problem in areas that have been overused by ATVs, motocycles, and equestrians, where there are (physical) tracks going every which way. Having a GPS track makes it easy to go the right way.) Anyway, I like the fenix 2 so far. I may get accessories so that I can use it with my bike too.

Here's a photo from near the top of Lousley Hill:

As I was driving home at around sunset, I saw some good color in the sky, so I stopped off at the Hilltop Trail and got this shot:

Last edited by KBKB; 08-25-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Red Adipowers for $134.99 from adidas.com (on sale for $179.99 with 25% off (code: extrasummer). I'd grab a pair myself if I didn't already have Power Lifts and Power Perfects haha.

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/tra...847?cid=V24382
    ▪█───█▪ York Barbell Club #47 ▪█───█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #41 ▪█───█▪ ▪[M]====[6]▪ #7 ▪[M]====[6]▪

1RM PRs: Squat (385), Bench (245), Sumo/Conventional Deadlift (417.5/420), OHP (150)

CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Kev,

Nice images KB2, gotta love those storm clouds rolling in. I did a photo trip on Route 66 back in '04, took a detour down into Roswell area for some
    monsoon skies...nothing beats a sky with some texture.

This was a trip to Yosemite back in Feb...a storm had just rolled out that morning, leaving the valley covered in snow...waited around all afternoon and then
    the clouds opened up for about 8 frames...shot some on 6x9 Black and white too, processed in PMK Pyro. Man, I hiked those trails for days with my cameras,
    backpack, tripod...it was freezing and I must have lost 3 LBS. My footwear was pretty low tech though...a well worn-in pair of Ariat's.

Attached Images
    Last edited by CropDusterMan; 08-26-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    "Common sense is not so common".

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I've been using a pair of Altra Superior 1.5 trail running shoes for my shorter hikes. They're zero drop shoes with a wide toe box and minimal cushioning. I've been trying (and mostly succeeding, I think) to adapt my feet for use with minimal footwear. Lousley Hill Trail is the rockiest trail that I've used these shoes on yet. Rain has eroded away the loose soil on the trail, leaving mostly rocks, especially in the steeper sections. Some of those sections are fairly loose too, which added to the challenge. I could definitely feel the rocks through the soles of the Altras, but it went pretty well.

My feet were hurting last week, probably from stressing muscles in my feet that don't get a lot of work by wearing conventional shoes. I hiked a bit over 6 miles with my wife on Sunday using the Altras. When I finished, my feet felt better than they did on Friday's hike in which I used a pair of Merrell Moab Gore-Tex hiking shoes. (Friday's hike was a little bit longer though - 7.5 miles.)
    I stopped wearing conventional shoes more than 3 years ago. I only wear zero-drop shoes or go barefoot. I am much more steady on my feet and I can stand all day without my feet getting sore.

My standard footwear is a pair of water shoes from Walmart. Paid $5 for them and have been wearing them to work (office) daily for over a year. If I need a nicer pair of shoes I have some Merrill black leather Barefoot shoes. Sadly, Merrill discontinued them. I have a pair of Sockwa shoes I wear to knock around in. The sole is very thin and I feel every rock and pebble. Working out I sometimes wear my Vibram 5-Fingers, but usually I workout barefoot.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great Pics KBKB and CropDusterMan.

Well college football season is upon us and I for one am very excited at the possibilities this year.

This will get any fans pumped but especially VOL FANS!!!!

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHp_sh_lbQ&sns=fb
    [II]---[II] Equipment Crew #49 [II]---[II]

[[[---]]] York Barbell Crew #35 [[[---]]] (DD, RH)

"The iron is with you for a while, and you will use it to get stronger, while preserving it and protecting it for the men and women who will come after you. You aren't a consumer. You're a brother of the iron. It's your duty. It's your calling." -AttyGuy

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CropDusterMan View Post
    Hey Kev,

Nice images KB2, gotta love those storm clouds rolling in. I did a photo trip on Route 66 back in '04, took a detour down into Roswell area for some
    monsoon skies...nothing beats a sky with some texture.

This was a trip to Yosemite back in Feb...a storm had just rolled out that morning, leaving the valley covered in snow...waited around all afternoon and then
    the clouds opened up for about 8 frames...shot some on 6x9 Black and white too, processed in PMK Pyro. Man, I hiked those trails for days with my cameras,
    backpack, tripod...it was freezing and I must have lost 3 LBS. My footwear was pretty low tech though...a well worn-in pair of Ariat's.

That's a very nice image. I tried to rep you, but I'm on spread...

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, I have Comcast and ATT both providing synchronous 100Mbit via fiber into my building. I peer with both of them via BGP so any one of my IP addresses can and are reached via either one. This provides load sharing and failover. Mostly this is just for internet as we have moved to a lot of cloud services but I have a Citrix farm served out of this facility as well.

I'm in Mexico on business at the moment so can't grab any new shots. This is an older network. The Chassis is a Cisco 6509 with 48P 10/100/1000 PoE switch blades and dual supervisors. I also have a bunch of 3750-X and 3850-X switches, some have 10Gbit modules for improved features but I still only use 1Gbit SFPs. The cables at the top are fiber to IDFs and are only pushing 1Gbit. I have another network that runs 40Gbit between Nexus switches and multiple 10Gbit links to servers but I am mostly working on that remotely.
    NICE. I wish. I have 100/5 from Charter at home. The upload is killing me. I've been considering calling them up & asking if they are pushing 60/4 in my area. It's $20 a month cheaper to impliment load balancing on my router & just get 120/8 via two connections. Business looks like it's 7mbps up, so if loadbalancing works properly, i'd still be ahead.

Not on your level of networking (i'm far more of a hardware/OC guy), but I have two intel i350-T4 cards on order. I plan on implementing nic teaming (link aggregation or whatever the proper term is) from my hypervisor's SAN vm. That way, I can push (theoretically) 4gbps to & from my backup server. I download enough content that it's extremely beneficial. I have two intel nics on my desktop, so that also lets me push 2gbps without any cost out of pocket. The really cool thing about the i350 vs the older i340 is that you can split each nic on the card up to individual vms. Now I don't need to have one card per machine, not that I needed it, but it's a nice option.

The 40gbps must be fiber, but is the 10gbps cat6/7 or fiber as well? I'm thinking about running cat 6 in the house I'm having built, but it seems like most options for cat6 aren't RJ45. There are RJ45 options, but it makes me wonder if the form factor will eventually be phased out. I also might have to pick your brain about POE. I have a unifi AP (google it if you haven't heard of it) set up that does hand offs very, very well, but my switch doesn't provide POE functionality. It leaves me with these awful power bricks. What do you think?
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BIgOrange865 View Post
    I submitted my salary requirements today. Now it's a waiting game. Thanks for the encouragement. The more I weigh my options I don't want to regret not taking a shot at this opportunity.

I will update when and if I am offered the position.

Fingers crossed.
    I have been invited to meet the group, have a site visit, and discuss compensation and benefits. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

"The iron is with you for a while, and you will use it to get stronger, while preserving it and protecting it for the men and women who will come after you. You aren't a consumer. You're a brother of the iron. It's your duty. It's your calling." -AttyGuy

I have been invited to meet the group, have a site visit, and discuss compensation and benefits. Thanks for the encouragement guys!
    :thumbs up

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, or something like that
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Is that activity considered to be an interview? Or have you already been through some interviews with them already?

Either way, it's progress...

Is that activity considered to be an interview? Or have you already been through some interviews with them already?

Either way, it's progress...
    I really am not sure. I have talked to HR twice and submitted salary requirements. I figured it would be an interview but the lady I've talked to in HR said we would discuss compensation and benefits. Kind of surprising to me?

I really am not sure. I have talked to HR twice and submitted salary requirements. I figured it would be an interview but the lady I've talked to in HR said we would discuss compensation and benefits. Kind of surprising to me?
    My guess is that your meeting with the HR people will be more informational in that they will fill you in on certain things to expect if you were to actually work there. I think that the group you'll be working with will talk with you to make sure that you're a good fit, etc. They may ask you some technical questions too, so be prepared for that. Again, I'm just guessing...

My guess is that your meeting with the HR people will be more informational in that they will fill you in on certain things to expect if you were to actually work there. I think that the group you'll be working with will talk with you to make sure that you're a good fit, etc. They may ask you some technical questions too, so be prepared for that. Again, I'm just guessing...
    Makes sense. The job is nuclear but I've worked in the field for 6 years now. It will be mostly the same but I believe it will be a little more in depth. Hot cells, glove box work, etc.

Will be getting my books out this weekend.

Great Pics KBKB and CropDusterMan.

Well college football season is upon us and I for one am very excited at the possibilities this year.

This will get any fans pumped but especially VOL FANS!!!!

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHp_sh_lbQ&sns=fb
    Shamelessly bumping my own post.

ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!

Below are a few photos from Friday's hike. We hiked 9.5 miles with an accumulated ascent of over 1700 feet.

An early morning view, just after sunrise, from the Tom's Thumb Trail:

Glass Dome is on the left. Tom's Thumb is on the right. They're separated by a small rock formation in the foreground.

A view from near the top of the East End Trail:

This is the second of the two snakes we saw. I think I might of stepped on the first one, which riled it up. Bob, the guy hiking immediately behind me, didn't notice it until it starting rattling like crazy - it was between his legs at the time and he barely avoided being bitten. I tried to get a photo of that first snake, but by the time I got my camera ready, it had taken refuge in a nearby bush. The second snake, below, hardly moved at all. It raised it's head up for just a moment when I got too close while taking photos.

Here's another shot of the second snake. I did less with this photo to add contrast to the snake to make it stand out better. In reality, it was pretty hard to see it. I had walked right by it without realizing that it was there.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Been a bit, finally moved into the new place. All I have right now is some Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. 10-90lbs with stands, actually not hating these at all really like them actually. Great weekend of football My Vols looked solid and played a pretty good game overall. Also got a Traeger smoker now (Texas model) won that beast in a raffle!

Was busy and tiring and we're still unpacking, the kiddo is now 9months old and crawling! Crazy how fast things seem to be happening Hope all in the crew are doing well and enjoying the holiday, I should be more active now that I got my PC set up again and internet lol

12x16 lofted barn style shed will be the next home gym! Hopefully pick one up this spring if not sooner.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #56 ▪█─────█▪

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude, you have been gone for a while.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Dude, you have been gone for a while.
    Yeah was close to 2 months in one room at the mother-in-law's with slow internet... it sucked, but wasn't too bad.

VERY happy to not be sharing a room with the noise box in the crib beside us though :P

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    Yeah was close to 2 months in one room at the mother-in-law's with slow internet... it sucked, but wasn't too bad.

VERY happy to not be sharing a room with the noise box in the crib beside us though :P
    Been there, that's how I saved for my house with my wife and daughter

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Saw a hilarious troll on a craigslist kid looking for free gym equipment. Gotta love some of the stuff you see about people wanting free gym stuff; the awesome followup questions of.. "Is it in good condition?", "does it come with any weight..." and the like. Assuming this is real it's a quality troll job.

http://ifunny.mobi/i/btrtEzQG2

Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post

Been there, that's how I saved for my house with my wife and daughter
    Been there - I think we lived with the "in-laws" for 20 months. Luckily, they are pretty laid back/cool.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL - I debated not posting because I knew most would not give a single &$@! about it . Everyone has the stuff they do that others don't understand/care about
    < Network/IT geek. I appreciated your post, lol

Just ordered this for the home gym, should be here on Friday. Have not been able to do seated calf raises for 2 years, lol.
    http://www.amazon.com/XMark-Commerci...ywords=xm-7613

Here I come soleus muscles...
    Last edited by deadpool9; 09-03-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

Rippetoe is starting a sh!t storm on T-nat!on.

http://www.t-nation.com/training/cur...of-sc-coaching

I agree with most of what he states about barbell training versus machines and other forms of training. The comments are on fire.

I submitted my salary requirements today. Now it's a waiting game. Thanks for the encouragement. The more I weigh my options I don't want to regret not taking a shot at this opportunity.

I will update when and if I am offered the position.

Fingers crossed.
    You should PM bro...I have worked a few DOE jobs, was at Y-12 3 different times one of which as a direct. Curious if we are in a similar line of work.

I agree with most of what he states about barbell training versus machines and other forms of training. The comments are on fire.
    Must be good, I can't even get the comments to load.

I think he misses the mark, strength and athleticism are secondary concerns to most coaching staffs. A prime example is the combine - how many guys have had stellar combines and then faltered in the NFL, hence the moniker the underwear olympics. Now there are guys that do great at the combine AND become good pros - look at JJ Watt - he is incredibly strong, but he is as good as he is because of his motor and his football skills - specifically the use of his hands.

On the flip side you have a guy like Trent Richardson, who is as strong as anyone in the league, but has horrible field vision/decision making skills that have lead to him being considered a bust by two different teams. No increase in strength is gonna make him any better if he continues to choose the yellow arrow like he did below (HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT THE HOLE AND CUTBACK)

These guys are already strong because they are genetic freaks, but what makes them better is their skills and football IQ - which is why so much more time is dedicated to the film room than the weight room.

PEDs made their way into MLB, not by the power hitters - they were all already good enough to be there. But it was the marginal guys, the bench players that brought them in first. They did it because it made the difference between them making the team and being sent back down to the minors. Then the elite guys caught on.

Also he underestimates the need for conditioning. Jerry Rice was a HoF WR because of his ability, but what made him likely the greatest WR of all time was his conditioning, that he is well known for. It allowed him to play at a high level until he was 42 - which for a WR is sick. What really separated Rice is that in the fourth quarter when everyone on the field was tired (especially the DBs), Rice particularly shined because he never seemed to get tired.
    http://www.askmen.com/sports/fanatic...ger-craig.html
    Last edited by Cleveland33; 09-03-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Comments finally came up - did they take stuff out, because it seems rather tame.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Comments finally came up - did they take stuff out, because it seems rather tame.
    Some things have been deleted. The first few comments were citing blasphemy.

I agree with your above comments. Conditioning, agility, and IQ play a large role in excelling in pro sports.

Closed Thread
Page 245 of 299 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 ... LastLast