Closed Thread
Page 133 of 299 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 8970
    animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    How is life/lifting animal? I think I used to follow your log or at least your videos you used to post back then
    Been doing alright, busy with the kids and trying to help my Dad (again). He just can't seem to get straightened out, physically or financially. Between my kids' activities/sports and helping him, I'm stressing big-time. Someday it will blow over, keeping my fingers crossed.

Lifting has been not so good, pretty much going through the motions if anything. I really need to get started on a program and do another log, but it'll be a while before I'd post video again.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    Been doing alright, busy with the kids and trying to help my Dad (again). He just can't seem to get straightened out, physically or financially. Between my kids' activities/sports and helping him, I'm stressing big-time. Someday it will blow over, keeping my fingers crossed.

Lifting has been not so good, pretty much going through the motions if anything. I really need to get started on a program and do another log, but it'll be a while before I'd post video again.
    This sounds like you are describing my life lol. Good to see you post, even if it is not as frequent.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    This sounds like you are describing my life lol. Good to see you post, even if it is not as frequent.
    Well then, sorry about your luck!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)

ah that sucks to hear. going through the motions if better than nothing though. still respectful to keep it up even during hard times.. things will definitely get up again

King of All Standards SkinnySquats's Avatar
    SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know nothing about machines. What's a good price to pay for these pieces?

RARE. VTG. HTF.

()---() York Barbell Club #42 ()---() []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #39 []---[]

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Hey Pigs

Went to my first large venue concert on Friday. I'd never been to a "real" concert before.

I'm not far out of frame @ 1:47. I was about 10 feet off center and no more than 20feet back the entire time. Pretty awesome experience, even though it took considerable restraint not to murder a person or two. Overall, everyone was respectful but there is always that one guy...
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    ....... Pretty awesome experience, even though it took considerable restraint not to murder a person or two. Overall, everyone was respectful but there is always that one guy...

I almost can't go out in public when there are large crowds in play.

People are stupid and the internet bravado seems to be creeping into real life. Everybody's a bad ass, everybody's rude as hell, and everybody thinks the GD world revolves around them and their stupid asses.

I went to San Francisco for one day last year.....not even 12 hours really......and I had to use a lot of restraint to keep from going to jail. Then before we'd gotten back to Ohio a week later, I avoided at least 2 other confrontations with stupid people......by avoided....I mean that apparently my attitude impressed upon them that while not all that big, I might be crazier than they were.

I just can't believe how self centered, retarded, and rude these jack-holes are anymore.

Originally Posted by SkinnySquats View Post
    I know nothing about machines. What's a good price to pay for these pieces?

Dude..... I'm not sure about the first one, but that row machine is something to get if you have the room for it. I bought a commercial one a few years ago for $90, but sold it. The reasoning for selling it was that it was a one trick pony......I always regretted it because it makes the move so much more comfortable and the set up is a pita any other way (although not impractical to do, don't get me wrong). Earlier this year NDmike hooked me up with an awesome commercial chest supported row. Its even better than the first one I had.

Anyway, that machine is probably worth $200 or so, depending on how bad you want it....since they don't come up too often. I'd imagine the prices are all over the place on them though....just because of that. Like I said, I paid $90 for my first one and it was similar to that one you're looking at. The one I got from Mike was nicer, but he also probably gave me a good deal on it. Just some stuff to think about.

Here's my new one:

The old one:

Last edited by Keetman; 10-22-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Went to my first large venue concert on Friday. I'd never been to a "real" concert before.
    Real concert? Everybody but one guy on the stage is hired to do live shows. The other guy is Trent Reznor. . . . Just sayin'. Lol.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I almost can't go out in public when there are large crowds in play.

People are stupid and the internet bravado seems to be creeping into real life. Everybody's a bad ass, everybody's rude as hell, and everybody thinks the GD world revolves around them and their stupid asses.

I went to San Francisco for one day last year.....not even 12 hours really......and I had to use a lot of restraint to keep from going to jail. Then before we'd gotten back to Ohio a week later, I avoided at least 2 other confrontations with stupid people......by avoided....I mean that apparently my attitude impressed upon them that while not all that big, I might be crazier than they were.

I just can't believe how self centered, retarded, and rude these jack-holes are anymore.
    It must be the internet because I don't know where this one kid got his confidence (delusions) from. In a setting like this, it's one thing if I need to lean my body a bit but my feet are staying planted. If you require my stance to be altered then you overstepped my boundaries (literally). So I feel someone pushing from my side. I just kind of raised my arm a tiny bit to block. Then the push gets heavier. I look over to see this really skinny kid who's about 5'8". He couldn't have weighed more than 120lbs. I just give him the Bert stare of bewilderment. I'm no tough guy and I don't carry myself like one but really, manlet? You want to start this losing confrontation? Then kid just drops into a stance like he's doing a football drill and starts leaning into me. I'd love to just send him flying with oine good shove, but where? Into who? Then I'm the dik. So I took him to the only available spot- down. Grabbed his wrist with one hand and pinch gripped the back of his neck with the other. I just leaned on him until he was on his knees in front of me.. and he still wanted to shove. After tightening my grip on his tiny neck, he finally realized he wasn't winning.. and slinked away to start shoving the next person in line.

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Real concert? Everybody but one guy on the stage is hired to do live shows. The other guy is Trent Reznor. . . . Just sayin'. Lol.
    Hey you. You watch your mouth.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It must be the internet because I don't know where this one kid got his confidence (delusions) from. In a setting like this, it's one thing if I need to lean my body a bit but my feet are staying planted. If you require my stance to be altered then you overstepped my boundaries (literally). So I feel someone pushing from my side. I just kind of raised my arm a tiny bit to block. Then the push gets heavier. I look over to see this really skinny kid who's about 5'8". He couldn't have weighed more than 120lbs. I just give him the Bert stare of bewilderment. I'm no tough guy and I don't carry myself like one but really, manlet? You want to start this losing confrontation? Then kid just drops into a stance like he's doing a football drill and starts leaning into me. I'd love to just send him flying with oine good shove, but where? Into who? Then I'm the dik. So I took him to the only available spot- down. Grabbed his wrist with one hand and pinch gripped the back of his neck with the other. I just leaned on him until he was on his knees in front of me.. and he still wanted to shove. After tightening my grip on his tiny neck, he finally realized he wasn't winning.. and slinked away to start shoving the next person in line.

He sounds like he might have had a little bit to drink. This story reminds me of spring break in 1993.... I was on the dance floor at some dive bar in Daytona and some jack wagon kept hip checking me....like over and over again. I'd finally had enough and turned around and grabbed his arm and neck.....problem was he was about 6'4" and his neck felt like a brick. He just smiled at me and said something like "Easy....I'm just f'ing around".... I was real happy he wasn't in a break Keetman in half mood .

And dude...."manlet", really????? I'm pretty sure the cut off is 5'7".

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

He sounds like he might have had a little bit to drink. This story reminds me of spring break in 1993.... I was on the dance floor at some dive bar in Daytona and some jack wagon kept hip checking me....like over and over again. I'd finally had enough and turned around and grabbed his arm and neck.....problem was he was about 6'4" and his neck felt like a brick. He just smiled at me and said something like "Easy....I'm just f'ing around".... I was real happy he wasn't in a break Keetman in half mood .

Haha. No offense to the vertically challenged. I was referring more to his overall lack of physical capability than to his height. This kid was really, really scrawny. I may be overestimating his weight.
    It's just mind blowing that people think that they deserve something more than you simply because they have the balls to challenge you for it. At least pick your prey a bit wiser.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Reznor is a smart guy, singer, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He's been doing the same thing for a while now and it has diminished his brand. Still, I would like to see him and N.I.N. live.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Proud manlet here. 5'6 but act like I'm 9'6.

Haha. No offense to the vertically challenged. I was referring more to his overall lack of physical capability than to his height. This kid was really, really scrawny. I may be overestimating his weight.
    It's just mind blowing that people think that they deserve something more than you simply because they have the balls to challenge you for it. At least pick your prey a bit wiser.

I ain't even mad. If I got mad every time I heard a short reference...I'd have to kill some dudes at work .

One of the arguments I got into in Cali was a dude that sent his 16yo son to hold a parking space at Yosemite..... I talked the kid into moving out of the spot and roared the car into it. Dad wasn't all that happy...... but I gave him the crazy eye and told him to get lost, there wasn't no space holding. He looked at me...gave me a stearn glare and drove on. I imagine that one of these days I'm going to do that to the wrong person and lose the crazy battle.....but so far, so good .

Shorty.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    amen
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    saving parking spaces.

In Philly when there is a big snowstorm, people often leave lawn chairs in their dug out spots to save them.

I am not one to abide by this "unwritten" code, however I also know better that if you park in that space you can expect your car to get keyed. Or worse.

So I used to walk down the street and just pick up all the chairs or whatever was there and put it in a pile at the end of the block.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    saving parking spaces.

In Philly when there is a big snowstorm, people often leave lawn chairs in their dug out spots to save them.

I am not one to abide by this "unwritten" code, however I also know better that if you park in that space you can expect your car to get keyed. Or worse.

So I used to walk down the street and just pick up all the chairs or whatever was there and put it in a pile at the end of the block.

Yea, when I was in Yosemite we were going on about a two hour walk. After I'd pissed that dude off and he drove on I was a little concerned he would key the vehicle. It was a rental and it was a bright orange challenger....if he was the type to do that sort of pussy move, this would've been a great car to do it to.

It was fine though.....he might have spit on it or some other such nonsense, but he didn't do anything obvious.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reznor is a smart guy, singer, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He's been doing the same thing for a while now and it has diminished his brand. Still, I would like to see him and N.I.N. live.
    And I think Trent has been hitting the iron since coming thru last rehab.
    ++++++++

"The strong take from the weak but the smart take from the strong." - Pete Carril's father

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hilarious....I'm sure you sat back and watched the ensuing fireworks.
    [II]---[II] Equipment Crew #49 [II]---[II]

[[[---]]] York Barbell Crew #35 [[[---]]] (DD, RH)

"The iron is with you for a while, and you will use it to get stronger, while preserving it and protecting it for the men and women who will come after you. You aren't a consumer. You're a brother of the iron. It's your duty. It's your calling." -AttyGuy

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea, when I was in Yosemite we were going on about a two hour walk. After I'd pissed that dude off and he drove on I was a little concerned he would key the vehicle. It was a rental and it was a bright orange challenger....if he was the type to do that sort of pussy move, this would've been a great car to do it to.

It was fine though.....he might have spit on it or some other such nonsense, but he didn't do anything obvious.
    I used to work at a bar in the Flats area of Cleveland - a little past it's heyday, but still the most popular part of town. One day going to work, I had some homeless guy offer to "make sure nothing happens to your truck" for $5. I started to tell him I really didn't care if it got keyed, I was actually willing to key it myself, but then I realized he might break a window or something so I gave in.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Originally Posted by BIgOrange865 View Post
    Hilarious....I'm sure you sat back and watched the ensuing fireworks.
    I never stuck around long enough; just on my way to work or back. Once I had to walk a solid six blocks to my car from my gf's place at the time. I must have opened up three dozen spots. I had a guy ask me what I was doing, and I told him, he walked to the other side of the street and started doing the same thing.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

I never stuck around long enough; just on my way to work or back. Once I had to walk a solid six blocks to my car from my gf's place at the time. I must have opened up three dozen spots. I had a guy ask me what I was doing, and I told him, he walked to the other side of the street and started doing the same thing.

LoL! Very nice!

On your other story....don't get me started with the homeless. We have a large population in my district. For the most part they don't bother anyone and don't want to be bothered....but every once in awhile we get an "outlier". We have one that's been terrorizing the firehouse for about 4 years, periodically. He'll come and ask for the drunk wagon....then ring our doorbell every 5 minutes wanting to know when it'll be there. He's left sometimes even before they get there, he'll cuss us out, he'll threaten us, and he'll leave his empty Mad Dog bottles in our landscaping. He's harmless...he's just a pita and the Chief wouldn't appreciate it if we gave him a tour of the river.....so we must endure. A time or two, he's went far enough that we call the cops.....they're not even close to as nice as we are......which is always a treat for us......entertainment on a slow night!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

LoL! Very nice!

On your other story....don't get me started with the homeless. We have a large population in my district. For the most part they don't bother anyone and don't want to be bothered....but every once in awhile we get an "outlier". We have one that's been terrorizing the firehouse for about 4 years, periodically. He'll come and ask for the drunk wagon....then ring our doorbell every 5 minutes wanting to know when it'll be there. He's left sometimes even before they get there, he'll cuss us out, he'll threaten us, and he'll leave his empty Mad Dog bottles in our landscaping. He's harmless...he's just a pita and the Chief wouldn't appreciate it if we gave him a tour of the river.....so we must endure. A time or two, he's went far enough that we call the cops.....they're not even close to as nice as we are......which is always a treat for us......entertainment on a slow night!
    My buddy works at an international airport and was telling me how they have several homeless guys that essentially live in the concourse. Apparently they are brave enough to venture into the construction project areas at night and "pilfer" items to either make their existence more tolerable or attempt to sell. Including at one time, one of those giant construction fans, like 5 foot tall. He "hid" it in a bathroom stall...
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Yes and no. I think that his on stage presence was excellent and there were some novel performance twists, such as the use of some very unexpected female vocalists.
    Regarding the new album; there are a few tracks that really bug me but overall I think that it's a great addition to the NIN discography. I believe that he can gracefully release one more album (under the NIN moniker).. but no more than that.
    I consider myself one of his die hard fans however I'm not in the circle that views him as infallible (see HTDA for example of utter failure). He's pushing it, but I believe that he's reinvented himself enough to stay relevant, every step of the way. [/mancrush]

Now that would be a good pushing match.

I ain't even mad. If I got mad every time I heard a short reference...I'd have to kill some dudes at work .

One of the arguments I got into in Cali was a dude that sent his 16yo son to hold a parking space at Yosemite..... I talked the kid into moving out of the spot and roared the car into it. Dad wasn't all that happy...... but I gave him the crazy eye and told him to get lost, there wasn't no space holding. He looked at me...gave me a stearn glare and drove on. I imagine that one of these days I'm going to do that to the wrong person and lose the crazy battle.....but so far, so good .
    Dude, where you in DC on Friday?

saving parking spaces.

That's either evil or valiant.. and I can't decide which one.

Originally Posted by ffrink View Post
    And I think Trent has been hitting the iron since coming thru last rehab.
    Absolutely. His physique is down rite impressive, in person. He looked young and healthy and he seemed to really be enjoying himself. Glad to see it.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gonna be away from the home gym periodically coming up, and I need to find a gym. Anyone know of a good gym in Sherman Oaks/the Valley? The place I'll be staying is right by a 24hr Fitness, so I might just go there for convenience, but it didn't look too great from the photos/reviews I found.

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post

Haha, the story of my life.
    ▪█───█▪ York Barbell Club #47 ▪█───█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #41 ▪█───█▪ ▪[M]====[6]▪ #7 ▪[M]====[6]▪

1RM PRs: Squat (385), Bench (245), Sumo/Conventional Deadlift (417.5/420), OHP (150)

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5 day bump... oh hey guys!

My dream is finally starting to come true! I'm back at college again to become a firefighter and was just hired on as a paid on call firefighter! The firehall I've been based out of for school approached me and said they'd be watching me and asked if I would join them while attending school(Only student asked to join!) and during my search for a career position. Super exciting and great experience for me and my resume and has been a huge source of motivation for me to hit the weights lately too!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by trimble006 View Post

My dream is finally starting to come true! I'm back at college again to become a firefighter and was just hired on as a paid on call firefighter! The firehall I've been based out of for school approached me and said they'd be watching me and asked if I would join them while attending school(Only student asked to join!) and during my search for a career position. Super exciting and great experience for me and my resume and has been a huge source of motivation for me to hit the weights lately too!
    Congratulations on your future career dude. That's awesome. Did you ever get a Concept II? If so, how are you liking it?
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Originally Posted by trimble006 View Post

Good luck friend.... its been a good career for me... although, we're under some heat right now politically.....

Train hard, learn from what you're doing and if you stay with it.... never think you're too old to learn something new. (and no matter what anybody tells you.....indeed, we still put the wet stuff on the red stuff!)

OH yea..... mouth shut, ears open.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Congratulations on your future career dude. That's awesome. Did you ever get a Concept II? If so, how are you liking it?
    Thanks Gregg! I'm still on the look-out for a used Concept II. My girlfriend and I bought more furniture together, so the equipment funds took a hit... Not that anyone in this forum knows how that goes.

I always seem to be on spread with you, but they're coming pal!

Good luck friend.... its been a good career for me... although, we're under some heat right now politically.....
    Train hard, learn from what you're doing and if you stay with it.... never think you're too old to learn something new. (and no matter what anybody tells you.....indeed, we still put the wet stuff on the red stuff!)
    OH yea..... mouth shut, ears open.
    Thanks for the advice Keet - much appreciated. I think it's a profession that will always be under the political scope unfortunately.

What hours does your department run by the way? I've always thought a 7/28 schedule would be pretty sweet but I can't imagine being at the top of my game in hour 23 on a busy shift. Also, the department I'm with and the college both train regularly on roof ventilation, but the department has a no roof policy... Have you heard of many departments like that? They're also really big advocates of Positive pressure ventilation(used it on a working fire, it was being filmed by onlookers, and they created a 6 hour presentation based on the theory and how it performed for them), does your department use that yet? It's sort of a new-age tactic I guess and lots of departments are afraid to try it out they say.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

Closed Thread
Page 133 of 299 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast