NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100) NMan94 is not very well liked. (-100)

Question Hypertrophy and Strength at the same time?

I've done some reading about programs like PHAT and whatnot, where you are supposed to achieve both increased strength and hypertrophy by following one program that includes training geared toward both.

However, I need some more information on it, because I don't understand how it's possible.

My point is, with strength training, I was under the impression that a lot of the progress there comes from Neural Adaptation. I know that when people are trying to gain muscle, they want to stay away from that, because when that happens, you stop gaining muscle (or at least gain it at a much, much slower rate.)

So, if you integrate strength training into one program along with training geared toward hypertrophy, isn't that problematic? How do you manage to do strength training while training for hypertrophy at the same time? Use different exercises for each style of workout? Or am I just over-analyzing this?

The reason I want to do both, is because I need strength more than I need mass for my sport (Swimming. I need to compensate - performance wise - for my lack of height.) But I also want to put on a fair amount of lean mass too.

So, enlighten me, please.
    Axios †

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    All programs result in both. You can skew your training one way or the other but you don't get (much) bigger without getting (much) stronger.

If you want to keep your mass down and strength up, simply alternate between losing fat and gaining muscle.

StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000) StrongmanSteve is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did not read. If you want both, go PHAT. Can't go wrong with it.