kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Getting nauseous/dizzy during workouts

Lately, well for a while, I have been getting sick at the gym. About halfway thru my workout I start to get really nauseous (and sometimes dizzy) and it hinders the rest of my session. Never throw up..

Not sure what it is. Thinking it was my PWO but it is the same across brands. Maybe the amount of water I take with it is too much with it? Been on M5 Extreme and taking the recommended 8oz of water. I take on an empty stomach at 5:30am, get to gym at 6 and work from 6-7. Drink maybe 6oz water tops while working out.

Think I need to eat something solid before lifting?

It's such a hinderance, and I hate leaving the gym nauseous and feeling blahhh.

Help for a fellow brah?

Thanks,

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    PWOs, across brands, have similar ingredients and are typically stimmed and many stimmed significantly...and you are taking on an empty stomach. I can tell you right now that PWOs on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning, and lifting weights would make me sick also.

I'd try not taking any PWOs at all and/or eating a little something first.
    Stern Crew

chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    PWOs, across brands, have similar ingredients and are typically stimmed and many stimmed significantly...and you are taking on an empty stomach. I can tell you right now that PWOs on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning, and lifting weights would make me sick also.

I'd try not taking any PWOs at all and/or eating a little something first.
    This.

I had the SAME exact problem a week or so ago. I had been using a PWO (A few different kinds, too) for months upon months without cycling off for a bit. Not taking a break from PWOs can cause such symptoms, as I felt as well. I felt incredible nausea onset from time to time, but I'd never throw up. I'd feel fatigued and dizzy, and I'd have to rest. It'd draw out my workouts and I wouldn't even benefit from a good workout, either.

Right now I've been off of them for a week, and I plan on going back to them by next week, hopefully. I'll test it out and see how I feel.

Instead of a PWO, I've been eating a bit more carbs for energy pre-workout (Low Glycemic such as Brown Rice). Then about 20-30 minutes before my workout I've been taking BCAA capsules and drinking a cup of Orange Juice with Creatine Monohydrate mixed in (~3g).

But yeah, it sucks. I love the feeling of a PWO. The pump, the energy, the focus... I want to go back right now.

pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kurtb2080 View Post
    Not sure what it is. Thinking it was my PWO but it is the same across brands. Maybe the amount of water I take with it is too much with it? Been on M5 Extreme and taking the recommended 8oz of water. I take on an empty stomach at 5:30am, get to gym at 6 and work from 6-7. Drink maybe 6oz water tops while working out.
    Waking up at 530, not eating breakfast, fasting, drinking pre-workout with more than DV of caffeine, not drinking enough water during workout, not cycling... No wonder why you feel nauseous.

Did you not read the directions on the label? And it should already be common sense to ACTUALLY eat something when you wake up rather than just taking a pre-workout and hitting the gym right away...

Originally Posted by chem1cal View Post
    Instead of a PWO, I've been eating a bit more carbs for energy pre-workout (Low Glycemic such as Brown Rice). Then about 20-30 minutes before my workout I've been taking BCAA capsules and drinking a cup of Orange Juice with Creatine Monohydrate mixed in (~3g).
    You're hindering the effect of the creatine by drinking OJ.

chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pvn23 View Post
    Waking up at 530, not eating breakfast, fasting, drinking pre-workout with more than DV of caffeine, not drinking enough water during workout, not cycling... No wonder why you feel nauseous.

Did you not read the directions on the label? And it should already be common sense to ACTUALLY eat something when you wake up rather than just taking a pre-workout and hitting the gym right away...

You're hindering the effect of the creatine by drinking OJ.
    Really? It says on the container that it can be taken with juice, so I assumed it was ok (It's the only kind I had). If it is, I'll just take the creatine in water (Kinda weird tasting, but whatever) and eat something else when I take my BCAA capsules.

pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvn23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chem1cal View Post
    Really? It says on the container that it can be taken with juice, so I assumed it was ok (It's the only kind I had). If it is, I'll just take the creatine in water (Kinda weird tasting, but whatever) and eat something else when I take my BCAA capsules.
    The acidity of OJ pretty much turns creatine mono to creatinine... Lower grade of creatine. Drink grape juice with creatine mono.

kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurtb2080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pvn23 View Post
    Did you not read the directions on the label?
    I take 4-6 weeks off them after an 8 week cycle, have between all my PWOs.

I take 4-6 weeks off them after an 8 week cycle, have between all my PWOs.
    Well it looks like the problem is you aren't drinking enough water while working out in the early morning with no food in your stomach.

KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ugh, no food in my stomach working out that early I'd feel like absolute ****. Try taking a protein shake blended with a 1/2 cut of oats or something like 45min before you go.
    Started @ 2009 - 335 LBS & 37% BF
    Now @ 2014 - 210 LBS & 11% BF

"Get what you like so you're not stuck having to like what you get."
    "Ghime? What's a ghime?" *Homer walks into the gym* "Oh, haha...a GHIME."

Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Syndicate187 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lately, well for a while, I have been getting sick at the gym. About halfway thru my workout I start to get really nauseous (and sometimes dizzy) and it hinders the rest of my session. Never throw up..

Think I need to eat something solid before lifting?

It's such a hinderance, and I hate leaving the gym nauseous and feeling blahhh.

Help for a fellow brah?

Thanks,
    Your blood sugar is already low when you wake up.
    Lifting weights also drops your blood sugar since the body relies on these sugars as fuel.
    You could be, maybe or maybe not, crashing your body into state where your blood sugar is so low it makes you sick and you "hit the wall"
    You should get in some carbs and juice since you are training so early in the morning and its been several hours since your last meal.