rock_win has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rock_win has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need help in planning my new diet

All,

I was designing my new diet plan and with all the references on this forum + links + own observation, its all leading to huge confusion.

As per the thread "Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs " i need 1528cals per day.

So, my design goes like for each day

1. 7 slices of whole wheat bread
    2. 4 egg whites
    3. 2 whole eggs
    4. 1 large cup of oatmeal with milk
    5. 5 pieces of almond/nuts

With the breakdown at sites like livestrong etc - the cal total is coming to 800.

And say a weekly addition of 1kg of chicken - although i would eat that in 2 days but spreading it across 7 days for the calculation would still reach 940cals.
    and 80gms of protein.

Now, I have tried this diet for almost a month and i dont feel hungry post my meals ( eating 6 meals a day).

But even if I add 2 more slices of bread, it starts accumulating as fat.

What should I add to finally reach the 1528mark without getting fat and rather gain on the muscles.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I couldn't make sense of any of that.

Are you male/female?
    How tall and how much you weigh?
    Bulk/cut?
    What are your calories?
    What are your macros?
    What's your TDEE?
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

rock_win has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rock_win has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    I couldn't make sense of any of that.

Are you male/female?
    How tall and how much you weigh?
    Bulk/cut?
    What are your calories?
    What are your macros?
    What's your TDEE?
    ok, the answers to that
    1. male
    2. 167cm , weight - 133lbs
    3 - more like maintenance to bulk, but not full fledged bulking
    4. calories - on my first post
    5. macros - also on my first post -- actually more than all of them, my main goal out of the diet plan is to reach that 1528mark and have 1gm protein per pound

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay. First, 1,500 is like your BMR so your maintenance would be around 2,200. To start bulking I'd recommend at least 2,500kcal to start. You desperately need to gain weight.

You never posted macros. Anyway, eat 1g/lb protein, 0.45g/lb fat and fill remaining calories primarily with carbs.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rock_win View Post
    ok, the answers to that
    1. male
    2. 167cm , weight - 133lbs
    3 - more like maintenance to bulk, but not full fledged bulking
    4. calories - on my first post
    5. macros - also on my first post -- actually more than all of them, my main goal out of the diet plan is to reach that 1528mark and have 1gm protein per pound
    Your macros are not in your first post. Add protein. 1 kilo of chicken spread out over 7 days ? The REAL SIMPLE way is : add more chicken til you're hitting your goals. The answer that may require you to think a little more: Eat stuff you LIKE that helps you reach your goals. IS this really that hard or complicated ? There is nutrition info for just about everything available.

And . . . I got nothing against bread, but 7 pieces a day seems like an awful lot, considering you're not really eating it with much of anything. And fat intake seems low, but can't really tell without macro breakdown . . .

You are right, apart from 1g of protein nothing much is mentioned.

Actually, I might try at 40,40,30 split of protein,carbs and fat, but main concentration would be still to get atleast 1g of protein, which I'm not getting currently.

Other idea that I have is to add veg food products like chickpeas to the diet, they would surely add carbs but would also bring some protein. So, can also shoot up the total calorie intake. How does it sounds?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rock_win View Post
    You are right, apart from 1g of protein nothing much is mentioned.

Actually, I might try at 40,40,30 split of protein,carbs and fat, but main concentration would be still to get atleast 1g of protein, which I'm not getting currently.

Other idea that I have is to add veg food products like chickpeas to the diet, they would surely add carbs but would also bring some protein. So, can also shoot up the total calorie intake. How does it sounds?
    I suggest you go back to school
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321