Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nah, you can do it yourself bro.

You just need one of these..

Plus some of these(I like 60 grit)...

Followed by some of this(or some sort of solvent to clean the metal)...

And then some spray paint. I'm into the Rustoleum black hammer, all my stuff is this color now except my plates, they are dark bronze.

FYI don't go with the new style spray cans with the grip nozzle. The spray pattern sucks balls.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I spent my Saturday fixing up a TDS calf machine I got for $30.

Nice job on the calve machine Skid. I really like the change in the plate holder as well as the capped tabs on the feet. As for the color, Henry Ford said it best "you can have it in any color you want...as long as it's black". lol. Repped because I finally have some to give to you.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can i use a belt sander?
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Prob not a good idea. Check CL, I got a dewalt palm sander on there for 15 bucks last year

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok i got one on craigslist for $5, a belt sander lol. handheld too. guess i could use it for my porch it needs to be repainted . also none of the equipment i want to paint is damaged or rusted. just don't want it white, want it black or hammertone. same principals apply?
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    ok i got one on craigslist for $5, a belt sander lol. handheld too. guess i could use it for my porch it needs to be repainted . also none of the equipment i want to paint is damaged or rusted. just don't want it white, want it black or hammertone. same principals apply?
    If the paint's not chipped, scratched, rusted, etc., then all you need is to sand it, by hand, to rough it up for the paint that's about to come. I wouldn't prime, but I would use Rustoleum. Paint with light coats until desired color is acheived. Follow instructions on can for time between coats. Good luck.
    Last edited by twodog; 11-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FYI don't go with the new style spray cans with the grip nozzle. The spray pattern sucks balls.
    Doh! The local home depot only has the new style. I was going to tackle this tonight but if the new can's suck, I'll save myself the aggravation and look for the other can's.

Bought a couple of cans of hammered rosemary for the plates, and hammered silver for the lettering.

How long do you wait between coats and flipping to do the other side? From all the refinishing threads that one bit hasn't really been answered.

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Paint on plates

For anyone interested in a comparison of the Rustoleum Hammered paints. Here's the Rosemary (on left) and Silver (on right) placed on top of my Ivanko revolver. Attached 2 photos from iPhone - one with flash, other with no flash.

Believe this is the new style can Skidmarx disliked.
    Attached Images

southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50) southpawbk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StephanBB View Post
    For anyone interested in a comparison of the Rustoleum Hammered paints. Here's the Rosemary (on left) and Silver (on right) placed on top of my Ivanko revolver. Attached 2 photos from iPhone - one with flash, other with no flash.

Believe this is the new style can Skidmarx disliked.
    Yep those are the new ones... They are no good IMO as well. They are ok at first but once your get to the end of the can it just starts to spit the spray out which can leave a less than desirable look on plates or whatever else you are spraying.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #25 []---[]

Is the old can style still available? Haven't been able to find it.

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    why can't i see these pictures!!!! So sad.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

Whoops. I cleared out my photo album. Forgot about this thread.

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    can you post them again?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

Originally Posted by southpawbk View Post
    Yep those are the new ones... They are no good IMO as well. They are ok at first but once your get to the end of the can it just starts to spit the spray out which can leave a less than desirable look on plates or whatever else you are spraying.
    Damn, I really wanted use the hammered rosemary. I searched everywhere today and it's the one color that I can't find in the old spray can.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by boxertim View Post
    can you post them again?
    In for pics.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Surprised that this thread died so quick. Would be a nice place for everyone to post before/after photos of a refurb project.

Guess the problem is that people want the glory of starting their own thread to show off their equipment.

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    Surprised that this thread died so quick. Would be a nice place for everyone to post before/after photos of a refurb project.

Guess the problem is that people want the glory of starting their own thread to show off their equipment.
    It's not that it's a problem. It that's there's already too many threads with over lap and members multiple post all over the place. Someone picks up Vintage Yorks for example. They post it in the Vintage thread. I see that first and may comment. Then I see a copy/paste job in the York thread. I would have preferred to comment there, but I don't want to add to the multiple location post.

Oh. Then if those Yorks are KG's, it winds up for a third time in the KG thread. Of course some have to also throw it into the "Look what I bought today" Thread.

I actually like the idea of a Refurb thread because I enjoy doing all kinds of refurbs. If they are weights however I prefer to post them in the appropriate weight thread.. i.e York club, Ivanko Crew, etc.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪
    â–ª()()-----()()â–ª York Barbell Club #83 (DD) â–ª()()-----()()â–ª
    ▪▪█─────█▪▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #83 ▪▪█─────█▪▪
    â–ª[M]===[6]â–ª Mech6 Crew #14 â–ª[M]===[6]â–ª

Seeking: Knowledge

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thats a good point. Def a lot of overlapping threads. Maybe a dedicated refurbished thread will take off where everyone can post before/after pics...along with how to's that worked for them, tips, tricks, etc. Im always interested in a better way of doing something.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good thread.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Considering paint quality, at this time I restore almost all my equipment and found out that 2 components marine grade polyurethane paint is a great substitute for all of us who can't afford or have the ability to powder coat.

MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeNick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Finally found the time to paint my "unusually styled" dumbbell rack. It’s a 20-year old commercial grade rack that I bought used in average condition almost 2 years ago. I already had the dumbbells that this rack was sold with, a full set from 5 to 25kg.
    I went the "paint remover" way. The rack and the dumbbells were originally powder coated so I started with jelly paint remover and a wheel brush. That took some time and effort to completely remove any paint left. Then I used sand paper to remove rust and make it paint-ready. But having limited free time I made the mistake to leave it bare steel in the garage for almost half a year. In my surprise it got surface rust on every top surface so I had to sand it all over again. Finally I used air compressor and gun to paint with 2 components marine polyurethane paint:

http://www.chrotex.gr/product_detail...rial=001004002

(I have attached the datasheet for anyone interested but keep in mind it's a Greek company, anyway just for info about 2 component polyurethane paints)

A mix picture from all stages and another one with dumbbells on it (not mine) to get the idea how dumbbells are stacked.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

And a few more pictures of the painted parts:
    Attached Images

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Impressive work there and that's a very interesting DB rack. I am curious about that 2 compound paint. Going to do a little research for a comparable product here in the US. Thanks for sharing.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪
    â–ª()()-----()()â–ª York Barbell Club #83 (DD) â–ª()()-----()()â–ª
    ▪▪█─────█▪▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #83 ▪▪█─────█▪▪
    â–ª[M]===[6]â–ª Mech6 Crew #14 â–ª[M]===[6]â–ª

Seeking: Knowledge

Your welcome. Salesman said it's a tough paint comparable to car paints.
    Now next come dumbbell plates. I have to remove powder coat and surface rust on 144 x 2kg plates and 20 x 1kg ones and paint all of them. It will take a while...

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nah, you can do it yourself bro.

You just need one of these..

Plus some of these(I like 60 grit)...

Followed by some of this(or some sort of solvent to clean the metal)...

And then some spray paint. I'm into the Rustoleum black hammer, all my stuff is this color now except my plates, they are dark bronze.

I'm suprised you can use 60 grit as I thought you'd see sanding marks . I guess if you spray primer after then re sand with 120 grit it may turn out ok
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I'm suprised you can use 60 grit as I thought you'd see sanding marks . I guess if you spray primer after then re sand with 120 grit it may turn out ok
    So true! I used steel wheel brush and hand-held brush like the ones pictured and I had deep marks on metal. I had to apply a primer coating, let it dry and sand it with a 240-grit sponge-type sand paper. In a few spots marks were that deep I had to recoat primer. Be careful guys, you can easily mark iron, I learned it the hard way.
    Attached Images

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump for a good thread with a lot of potential.

Here's my little contribution...

Two mostly complete Schwinn IC Elites from a local thrift store:

Picked them up on my way home from work, spent a couple hours swapping parts around to build one complete bike, posted it on CL and it was sold in less than 48 hrs.

I had every intention of scrapping the second one, but the first one was just such a nice bike, I decided to build it instead. Hit ebay, Sportsmith, and Amazon for a complete tensioner setup (adjuster, nylon washers, brake, carrier, square nut, etc), left crank, crank bolts, crank caps, pedals (with clips and straps), three new pop-pins, seat, bottle cage, leveling feet, and bicycle computer (not installed yet).

Basically, every penny I made on the first bike went into this one, but I kept it from being scrapped. At this point I'm not really sure if I'm going to keep it or not, but it sure rides nice. I have the original sparkly red seat, but it needs to have the cover restapled in one spot. I gave it a shot, but my stapler just can't do it correctly. Need to see if the local upholstery shop can fix it for cheap.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's awesome. What is an average price for a spin bike like that used in good shape? Hopefully you gouged the seller properly.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2MoreRepz View Post
    That's awesome. What is an average price for a spin bike like that used in good shape? Hopefully you gouged the seller properly.

I paid $50 for the pair and sold the first one for $170. It was supposed to be $175, but I didn't have any change. I probably should've listed it for more based on how quickly it sold, but it was intended to be a quick and easy flip.

I've seen similar commercial spin bikes for as low as $75, but they're usually beat all to hell. These were actually in pretty good shape overall. There's a local dealer with a handful of the same model for sale, for $250 each...but they're beat to hell and very rusty.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

RyanL8395 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow that spin bike job was really cool. i recently brought a dumbbell rack and a few sets from someone on CL but they were super worn out.
    i wanted to get a super heavy duty coating and found one from a sherwin williams paint store.
    the guy went through a few data sheet with me and gave me this paint that was meant for Steel bridges and stuff.
    apparently it was a combination of urethane and enamel so it was super duty. i sanded all the equipment with a flex 3m sand paper and wiped down with a rag. then painted 1 coat of the urethane enamel and now it looks super fresh. its been a month now and the paints holding up with no issues at all.