HockeyMN3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose those last 10 pounds

Hello,

This post is going to be long so bear with me:

I am a sophmore and a varsity hockey player, and am currently weighing in at 155 at 5'8" with 13-14% body fat. I used to be 5'7" 165 this spring at 19-20% bodyfat but was able to lose ten pounds of body fat. I started doing crossfit and the mix of cardio and lifting really helped out my body shape. However, I have been stuck in a rut trying to get down to 145 for hockey season (helps with speed and agility, no need to be big, also want to look better and leaner). Here is what I currently do. Can anyone suggest a way to tweak what I am doing to help me lose those last 10 pounds, I really want to look and feel good by hockey season (starts mid-November).

Typical Eating day:

Breakfast:

1: 180 Calorie Chicken Apple Sausage, 1: 100 calorie low fat vanilla yogurt pack, 1 cup of sauteed spinach or carrots, 1 12oz glass of water

Lunch:

8-12 oz of meat (depends on school lunch, always chicken or some other lean meat, never read meat), 1 bowl of the vegetable dish (always roasted or steemed), 1 small dessert, 1 carton of skim milk. (I always skip the pizza and pasta entree).

Mid afternoon Snack (3pm):

Protein Shake: 1 scoop 170 calorie, 30g protein whey six star nutrition powder protein, 150 calories of "natural" peanut butter, 12 oz skim milk, ice in blender, I drink all of it

Dinner:

Usually some type of meat, either fish or red meat, around 300-400 calories, whatever the vegetable is for dinner, glass of water. Once a week I will have tater-tots or sweet potato fries for a treat, or we will go out to dinner.

I have completely cut out breads, pasta, grains, bagels, anything like that (I was addicted to them last spring and it was why I shot up to 165).

My Workout Regimen:

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Lifting, 5x5 Bench, 5x5 deadlift, 5x5 military presser or barbell Over head press. then bicep and tricep workout, then calf-raises and shrugs.

Tuesday, Thursday, maybe Sunday: Cardio, usually 1.5 hr hockey practice.

Monday, Wednesday: High School Fitness Program at Crossfit Gym, squatting and sprinting and cleans.

I'm pretty athletic, can do 50 plus push ups, 80-90 situps, 6:40 mile, but I need to trim down. Does anyone see why I can't lose those 10 extra pounds? I'm no fitness expert so please help.

troyzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Higher reps

Originally Posted by HockeyMN3 View Post
    Hello,

I am a sophmore and a varsity hockey player, and am currently weighing in at 155 at 5'8" with 13-14% body fat. I used to be 5'7" 165 this spring at 19-20% bodyfat but was able to lose ten pounds of body fat. I started doing crossfit and the mix of cardio and lifting really helped out my body shape. However, I have been stuck in a rut trying to get down to 145 for hockey season (helps with speed and agility, no need to be big, also want to look better and leaner). Here is what I currently do. Can anyone suggest a way to tweak what I am doing to help me lose those last 10 pounds, I really want to look and feel good by hockey season (starts mid-November).

Typical Eating day:

Breakfast:

1: 180 Calorie Chicken Apple Sausage, 1: 100 calorie low fat vanilla yogurt pack, 1 cup of sauteed spinach or carrots, 1 12oz glass of water

Lunch:

8-12 oz of meat (depends on school lunch, always chicken or some other lean meat, never read meat), 1 bowl of the vegetable dish (always roasted or steemed), 1 small dessert, 1 carton of skim milk. (I always skip the pizza and pasta entree).

Protein Shake: 1 scoop 170 calorie, 30g protein whey six star nutrition powder protein, 150 calories of "natural" peanut butter, 12 oz skim milk, ice in blender, I drink all of it

Dinner:

Usually some type of meat, either fish or red meat, around 300-400 calories, whatever the vegetable is for dinner, glass of water. Once a week I will have tater-tots or sweet potato fries for a treat, or we will go out to dinner.

I have completely cut out breads, pasta, grains, bagels, anything like that (I was addicted to them last spring and it was why I shot up to 165).

My Workout Regimen:

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Lifting, 5x5 Bench, 5x5 deadlift, 5x5 military presser or barbell Over head press. then bicep and tricep workout, then calf-raises and shrugs.

Monday, Wednesday: High School Fitness Program at Crossfit Gym, squatting and sprinting and cleans.

I'm pretty athletic, can do 50 plus push ups, 80-90 situps, 6:40 mile, but I need to trim down. Does anyone see why I can't lose those 10 extra pounds? I'm no fitness expert so please help.
    I think you need to change your reps and lower the weight if need be boost those reps up to 12 should get the heart pumping a bit more to burn that extra fat also try to include some leg exercises squats and weighted lunges are really good for burning fat. And maybe stay clear of the yogurt and small desert just extra sugar u don't really need

ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think diet is just a s important as exercise

SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hello,

Typical Eating day:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

My Workout Regimen:

Originally Posted by troyzie View Post
    I think you need to change your reps and lower the weight if need be boost those reps up to 12 should get the heart pumping a bit more to burn that extra fat also try to include some leg exercises squats and weighted lunges are really good for burning fat. And maybe stay clear of the yogurt and small desert just extra sugar u don't really need
    I agree with Troyzie, cut out the extra sugar, use greek yogurt instead of conventional yogurt. You don't have to cut out all grains man. Rule of thumb with breads is high in fibre & protein (around 5-8g) and low in sugar and sodium. Throw bagels out completely.

How are you liking Six Star Whey Protein Plus?

Finally, your training routine looks sound. Our Six Star Performance Coach Jon Chaimberg (from Montreal) trains NHLers like Kris Letang. He's put together a great playlist for hockey players. Try some of these great exercises. http://bit.ly/QdkmSg
    You can also visit his personal website for great circuits at www.adrenalineperformancecenter.com

All the best and good luck this season!
    Luke -
    Six Star Team
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Rep

SixStarProNutrition.com | ********.com/SixStarNutrition | @SixStarPro | YouTube.com/SixStarNutrition

Thanks to everyone who answered:

Per your recommendations, I have now cut out the yogurt at the beginning of the day and the dessert at lunch. I don't actually have access to anything but a bench, barbell, and rack both at home and at Crossfit so I can only do squats. I have already dropped to 153.3 as of this morning (I think 4 days since I first posted). And the thing about the carbs is that I have trouble limiting myself with them, and I have seen nothing but improvements without them so I am going to continue to not eat them but thank you for addressing it.

I have nothing but great things to say about the Six Start Nutrition Whey Powder. I have been mixing it with peanut butter and skim milk into a smoothie and have been using it occasionally when I am really hungry/after I workout. It has really been helpful in working to better tone my arms as well as control my appetite (can't beat 30 grams of protein for only 170 calories). Today I decided to try a deadlift max and I was able to do 250, up from 180 when I started lifting seriously this summer, and I attribute a lot of that to the whey protein.

Oh and I have also modified my workouts to increase the reps.

SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks to everyone who answered:

Per your recommendations, I have now cut out the yogurt at the beginning of the day and the dessert at lunch. I don't actually have access to anything but a bench, barbell, and rack both at home and at Crossfit so I can only do squats. I have already dropped to 153.3 as of this morning (I think 4 days since I first posted). And the thing about the carbs is that I have trouble limiting myself with them, and I have seen nothing but improvements without them so I am going to continue to not eat them but thank you for addressing it.

I have nothing but great things to say about the Six Start Nutrition Whey Powder. I have been mixing it with peanut butter and skim milk into a smoothie and have been using it occasionally when I am really hungry/after I workout. It has really been helpful in working to better tone my arms as well as control my appetite (can't beat 30 grams of protein for only 170 calories). Today I decided to try a deadlift max and I was able to do 250, up from 180 when I started lifting seriously this summer, and I attribute a lot of that to the whey protein.

Oh and I have also modified my workouts to increase the reps.
    Great to hear bro! Keep working hard!

Luke -
    Six Star Team

SixStarProNutrition.com | ********.com/SixStarNutrition | @SixStarPro | YouTube.com/SixStarNutrition

TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100)
    Assuming you're not a troll...

Need to eat more complexes early/mid day. (brown rice, sweet potato). With your diet alone hockey is overworking your body now factor in lifting... Not enough carbs/fat at all.

For upping your reps. Doesn't really matter the whole higher rep less weight gets you cut is and is not true. Higher the reps you go different energy is used. For example... Do 5x4 on squats and 2x10 squats and see if higher reps make you more gassed.

Either way good luck

harveysmith27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The information you posted here really good and worth full also.
    i am also a health conscious person and love to help over weight people to reduce weight.
    Good job done.

OP, you'll have to keep us updated in your progress. Good luck on the ice!
    Luke -
    Six Star Team

Thought I would update: and no, I'm not a troll

Cutting out the deserts and yogurt has really helped, just hit 151.8, definitely noticing it around the belly my love handles are almost completely gone and my top 4 abs are beginning to show without flexing. The higher reps has really helped with the intensity and also played a big part in the losing of the last 4 pounds. I just want to say thanks again to everyone who replied, very big help. And my lifts keep going up and I'm getting faster on the ice so only good things to report.

abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abbeysha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to lose those last 10 pounds

Keep a food journal and You only want to eat these weight loss foods by having at least 1 complex carb then you will loss your pounds.

nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You dont need to higher the reps. You just need to higher the weight. If you do 5x5 with 135 lbs on bench next time try 140 than if you get that 5x5 do 145 and so on

Update:

I'm down to around 150, have been hovering, so I've began running 1.2 miles 4-5 times a week (length of my neighborhood). Energy is still high on the diet, and I've seen some really solid improvements. No real major gains in lifts, I'm transitioning more to cardio than heavy weightlifting to try to shed those last 5-6 pounds.

Update:

I'm down to around 150, have been hovering, so I've began running 1.2 miles 4-5 times a week (length of my neighborhood). Energy is still high on the diet, and I've seen some really solid improvements. No real major gains in lifts, I'm transitioning more to cardio than heavy weightlifting to try to shed those last 5-6 pounds.
    And how has that translated on the ice man? Where do you need to see improvements?
    Luke -
    Team Six Star

mashunya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ROBO916 View Post
    I think diet is just a s important as exercise
    If not more

Luke- I'm trying to increase my explosiveness and quickness, so I'm still doing squats and cleans and deadlifts twice a week at Crossfit, I'm only doing the Bench Press, and isolation arm exercises once a week. I've been focusing more on runs, sprints, and body weight exercises like pullups and pushups and situps. I also want to be an officer in the military after college so it doesn't make sense for me to be huge or overly muscular looking for more of a lean physique. Six Star Whey Protein with Peanut Butter and Milk still kicks butt and is my go to drink after a workout or when I'm hungry.

As to the diet, I have cleaned up my diet completely and don't eat dessert or anything like that anymore, also I don' eat bread/grains (mixture of I have trouble controlling portion sizes and I found out recently that my body doesn't respond well to gluten).

Thanks to everyone who responded

Also I'm thinking about starting a log, how do I do that?

Six Star Pro, Harvey, Nickypecs, and Take Everything all positively repped for the helpful information.

wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) wadelightheart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hockey Player that's Awesome!

I got started in lifting to get bigger for hockey
    and then went on to my bodybuilding career.

Anyways,

12 calories per pound of bodyweight.
    Split it over 5 meals.
    50 percent carbs
    30 percent protein
    20 percent fat

Classic diet would
    be egg whites and oatmeal in the morning

Apple and a protein shake meal 2

Large salad with hemp oil dressing and chicken breast lunch

Bowl of rice, or potatoes, with a can of tuna late afternon

Chicken, turkey breast of fish with steamed veggies and baked potato

Serving sizes are adjusted by percentage of daily calories

So a 150lb guy needs smaller servings than a 250 pound guy.

You should drop a 1-2 lbs per week of fat.
    Anything more than that and you should put up your carbs a little
    bit say 200 calories per week til you hit your optimum level.

There's more details in my course listed at the bottom.

Be well

Wade

Hello,

Typical Eating day:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

My Workout Regimen:

Wade Lightheart
    3-Times Natural National Champion

Get the legendary $497 training system
    absolutely FREE. No strings attached:
    http://www.masszymes.com/FreeTrainingProgram/

abazerkanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abazerkanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abazerkanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abazerkanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,

Typical Eating day:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

My Workout Regimen:

Reps have very little to do with fat loss or muscle growth. Just figure out your macros and daily calories, drop 300-500cals, and set up your meals according to those numbers. Drop cals consistently each week. Slow but it'll work.
    please respond

YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Am I the only one that believes this thread seems a little fishy? But not gonna lie six star nutrition is the bessst. 15 bucks from walmart for a tub.

Originally Posted by YokoDude View Post
    Am I the only one that believes this thread seems a little fishy? But not gonna lie six star nutrition is the bessst. 15 bucks from walmart for a tub.
    Great to hear man! What's your favorite flavor?

Luke -
    Six Star Team

YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) YokoDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SixStarPro View Post
    Great to hear man! What's your favorite flavor?

Luke -
    Six Star Team
    vanilla tastes terrible, chocolate was goooooood tho

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while schools been busy and the PSAT's coming up. And no, again, this is not a fake thread and I guess I see why it's fishy but if it will put your mind at ease you can go over to the keto log section and see my attempted keto log. Turns out that I wasn't actually doing keto nor did I actually know what keto was, but those are just details.

Anyways, to an update.

Current weight: 146.8! (so pumped). Bodyfat according to online calculator is around 12.25% (down from 14% at ~155 when I started this and 19% at ~167 two inches shorter last spring). Counting calories, running, and eating a lot of protein works miracles. And I was wondering if there was a vanilla flavor of Six Star I'm about to buy another tub but they only sell chocolate down at the Walgreens I get it from.