kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000) kyraschmidt is just really nice. (+1000)

Glute and ham building advice help

I posted this in the female section too, but I really could use some advice.

Hey ladies. So I'm on a bulk right now. I am nearing the end and I am not happy with my glute progress thus far. I could really use some advice on building my glutes and getting a little ab definition. I know abs are made in the kitchen and I am going to be keeping my diet strict and clean. Beside diet is there anything I can do for abs? My main issue with building my legs and glutes is that I am a little lost on the right combo. For instance: I'm not sure how much of a surplus I need to feed my muscles while keeping fat gain to a minimum, then I've been really lost on what a good cardio vs let building combo would be. I would like to do some cardio yet I don't want to sacrifice leg gains. Really any advice would be so helpful! Thanks so much

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kyraschmidt View Post
    I posted this in the female section too, but I really could use some advice.

Hey ladies. So I'm on a bulk right now. I am nearing the end and I am not happy with my glute progress thus far. I could really use some advice on building my glutes and getting a little ab definition. I know abs are made in the kitchen and I am going to be keeping my diet strict and clean. Beside diet is there anything I can do for abs? My main issue with building my legs and glutes is that I am a little lost on the right combo. For instance: I'm not sure how much of a surplus I need to feed my muscles while keeping fat gain to a minimum, then I've been really lost on what a good cardio vs let building combo would be. I would like to do some cardio yet I don't want to sacrifice leg gains. Really any advice would be so helpful! Thanks so much

At 5'6" and 120, if you don't already have abs, it's because they're not developed. Start hitting heavy compound exercises.

Same deal for glute/ham building. Romanian Dedlifts and Leg curls are a good place to start.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As ironwill said ^^^

RDLs, traditional deadlifts, glute/ham raises if you can.

Here's a great core exercise:

Also for diet (i'm sure you've probably read it, but just in case you haven't):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hip thrusts with a barbell has done wonders for my glute strength. Youtube some videos for how to do the exercise.

Growing a six pack? ILurkAtWork's Avatar
    ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^This. I had serious glute activation problems and they just weren't responding even when I was squatting 315 for 5x5 and pulling 4 plates for 1x5. Not super lifts for a guy but you'd think I'd have grown more of an ass by this point.

I looked into doing glute activation warmup exercises (like single leg glute bridges or heel on bench glute bridges) and hip flexor stretches to activate glutes prior to squats and deads. I feel the glutes and hammies far more now.

Like the prior poster said, I'd recommend the barbell hip thrust at some point in your routine, maybe after squats. My current routine incorporates squats, deads, romanian deads, barbell hip thrusts (or one leg hip thrusts). Occasionally leg curls/the girly hip abduction machine and for the first time I'm actually seeing/feeling results somewhere other than growing giant quads.

As far as abs go, squats, deads, romanian deads, pullups, hanging leg raises all seem to do the trick, and you should probably be doing them all anyway. Even if you can't do a pullup, band assisted pullups or just grabbing the bar and easing yourself down (negative pullups) will work your abs like crazy.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Olympic squats, front squats, snatch grip deadlift, RDLs and standing cable crunches.
    OG