Closed Thread
Page 225 of 325 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 9748
    tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    w0w!

SO - I HAVE read much - and watched many of Jason's vids before this post. I need some advice on starting weights. I lifted in college - as a trained athlete - and I know about going to max exhaustion / muscle fatigue.

HOWEVER - and reason for posting this - I am looking to NOT injure myself day 1. I am a black and white person - all or nothing. However - I do not have the time to nurse any tears / hyperextensions now.

On the recommendations of the people on bb.com - I am going to use Jason's 5x5 instead of what I made up (it was too much - honestly) to get started.

At home - I have a bench, Olympic bar, short bar, curl bar, plates, and some leg attachments. I fall into the I cannot yet chin AT ALL - so I will be doing curls instead. I do not have a hyperextension bench - but I might be able to get my bench moved around so that I can use it that way. I also do not have a cable machine.

SO - I will be making some mods (don't tell me to go to the gym - I live in the mountains - like 50 mins one way to the closest gym - I work crazy hours from home (think 80 - 100) - and have kids). I WILL follow thru at home - not an issue.

So - point of the post - which mods should I make for hyperextension / kneeling cable crunch?

Starting weight for a girl on some of these - and do I determine when to go up on weights based on ability to go full reps? That's what I remember from school - if you can do the 5x5 - without falling over - you need to increase weight.....

squat
    bench press
    barbell row
    barbell shrug
    skullcrusher
    straight / incline curl
    deadlift
    standing press
    CGBP

ALSO - I do not have a rack - OR a spotter most of the time. Looking for advise.
    You will need a rack to safely workout from home because a few months down the road you might be benching and squatting your true 5Rm and without safety racks is not funny. Unless your kids are strong enough to workout with you and spot you. You add 5lbs per work out to squats, bench, deadlift untill you stall at which point you will need to reset. For women, i would recommend micro plates for microloading, which means you might have to increase your lifts by 1 or 2lbs instead of 5 after stalls.

If you really need to mod hyper i'd say good mornings although Jason advised against it due to stress on lower back and beginners not knowing how to safely complete it, but do check out youtube on how to perform good mornings safely. As for kneeling cable change it with weighted situps.
    S120kg/B97.5kg/D140kg/OHP62kg
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150869353

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Litres View Post
    If you can get a squat rack, great. As for front squats, it's less of a mass builder than the back squat. You'll be using less weight, so if you have a choice, please go with the back squats. Unless you really really want to, then no one can stop you. Also, there is a FAQ for the program on page 220. Most of your questions can be found there. Good luck.
    THANKS! I will read through the 220 FAQs. I will start looking into the rack now....thanks for the advice.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tazui1982 View Post
    You will need a rack to safely workout from home .....
    point taken - going to cl now Thanks for the comments - and my kids are NOT helping me - 6 and 9 yo...

sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do i need a deload? I already asked this question before, but i didnt put much information. My problem is that i cant increase the weights as fast as suggested and i keep failing.

I have been following this program for about 4 months. I used to be 114 pounds, now i am 128 pounds.
    My squats started at 115 pounds with ****ty form and now i am at 155 with decent form hitting paralel. My bench-press from 100 to 125. My DL from 135 to 185

As you can see my progression is no where near the recommended one. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I am gaining weight, i track my macros and make sure im hitting 2300 calories, at least 100 protein, 50g fats and free style the rest.

A few weeks ago i failed 160 pounds squats, dropped the weight as suggested, and then failed again in the 3rd set (just like before) when i got back up to 160 pounds. Then I tried DL with the previous weight and i could only get 2 reps.

What is my problem? Nutrition or deloading?

I weight myself every morning and for the month, i have been gaining weight. Some weeks i gain 2 pounds, some 1 pound and sometimes none (i take the average)
    Besides failing, i dont have the other symptoms. I dont feel tired and I look forward to going to the gym

Thanks internet

Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sirownsalot View Post
    Do i need a deload? I already asked this question before, but i didnt put much information. My problem is that i cant increase the weights as fast as suggested and i keep failing.

I have been following this program for about 4 months. I used to be 114 pounds, now i am 128 pounds.
    My squats started at 115 pounds with ****ty form and now i am at 155 with decent form hitting paralel. My bench-press from 100 to 125. My DL from 135 to 185

As you can see my progression is no where near the recommended one. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I am gaining weight, i track my macros and make sure im hitting 2300 calories, at least 100 protein, 50g fats and free style the rest.

A few weeks ago i failed 160 pounds squats, dropped the weight as suggested, and then failed again in the 3rd set (just like before) when i got back up to 160 pounds. Then I tried DL with the previous weight and i could only get 2 reps.

What is my problem? Nutrition or deloading?

I weight myself every morning and for the month, i have been gaining weight. Some weeks i gain 2 pounds, some 1 pound and sometimes none (i take the average)
    Besides failing, i dont have the other symptoms. I dont feel tired and I look forward to going to the gym

Thanks internet
    Nutrition looks fine. You're gaining weight at a good rate. Hard to imagine you would need a deload with weights that low. Are you sure you're following the program 100%? Why don't you take a look at the program again and see if you're doing it to the T.

sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nutrition looks fine. You're gaining weight at a good rate. Hard to imagine you would need a deload with weights that low. Are you sure you're following the program 100%? Why don't you take a look at the program again and see if you're doing it to the T.
    I think I am. the first month or so i wasnt, but now i am. I fail, I try again, i fail, i drop the weight and so on.
    The only thing that can be noted, is that for squats and dl, I fail because in order to get that last rep, i would have to break form and i am afraid of snapping my **** up

JoshuaPP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshuaPP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshuaPP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshuaPP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Few Quick questions...

Low bar vs high bar squats? I'm having trouble with the placement on the back with low bar.. feels so unnatural.. any tips?

Standing cable crunch... Does this work only the Top Abs? Or is this broscience myth and just feels like only the top part is working?

Thanks.

Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tywin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The cable doesn't reach the floor? Can I do cable crunches standing up like in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrsqcIx6uGA
    Founder and CEO of the *We Outchea* crew

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163540721

Nilsdejongh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my aim is to get bigger.. i'm gyming to get bigger and more muscular.. is a 5x5 best for this aim of hypertrophy as i was reading that 5 reps isn't the most efficient for muscle building.

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nilsdejongh View Post
    my aim is to get bigger.. i'm gyming to get bigger and more muscular.. is a 5x5 best for this aim of hypertrophy as i was reading that 5 reps isn't the most efficient for muscle building.

Watch the 5x5 video in the FAQ. My signature says where you can find it

I spent entirely too much time today watching the vids and reading the FAQs - thanks for the page posting for the FAQs.

I will be looking for a rack in the next few days - it can just be a simple rack with cross bars to help if you fall, right? Nothing fancy - I hope....must workout at home.

I will be using the mods you al recommended:

good mornings rather than hyperextensions
    weighted floor abs rather than cable

without a rack - can I just do bar squats - or should I do front squats until I have a rack? Or hack squats maybe?

I plan to do the cutting version of the icecream 5x5, also - 3 sets rather than 5.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RESPONDED TO REQUEST FOR HELP - YOU ALL ARE GREAT!

SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The program suggest standing press, I looked up standing press in the excercise directory and I found multiple possible standing press excercises.
    I was wondering If somebody could tell me wich standing press he is speaking of?

Also can somebody send me a link to a hyperextention video? The only one I can find is one that requires a ball, not sure if this is the excercise he is talking about here in the program but Id appreciate it if somebody could clarify this for me.
    Last edited by SkinnyManBoy; 04-21-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Many guys on here have been saying to do BOR form to the chest or lower chest/upper abs. However in the FAQ video of Dorian doing the rows he brings the bar to his abdomen/belly button very clearly... can someone clarify this?

SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jonesman59 View Post
    Many guys on here have been saying to do BOR form to the chest or lower chest/upper abs. However in the FAQ video of Dorian doing the rows he brings the bar to his abdomen/belly button very clearly... can someone clarify this?
    I was wondering the same thing myself the other day and found this video by our very own JasonDB that basically says everybody is different, and that you just need to find what works for you. Please dont kill me if Im wrong, but I hope I could of been assistance to ya.

tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I spent entirely too much time today watching the vids and reading the FAQs - thanks for the page posting for the FAQs.

I will be looking for a rack in the next few days - it can just be a simple rack with cross bars to help if you fall, right? Nothing fancy - I hope....must workout at home.

I will be using the mods you al recommended:

good mornings rather than hyperextensions
    weighted floor abs rather than cable

without a rack - can I just do bar squats - or should I do front squats until I have a rack? Or hack squats maybe?

I plan to do the cutting version of the icecream 5x5, also - 3 sets rather than 5.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RESPONDED TO REQUEST FOR HELP - YOU ALL ARE GREAT!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VL...sr=8-5&pi=SL75 thats all you will ever need.

I bring the bar to the belly button too, find whats best for you and stick with it.

Originally Posted by tazui1982 View Post
    thats all you will ever need.
    Thanks!

That is the one I was looking at seriously - need to save the money now!

No one has answered though - what to do until I can get the bar....female - just starting - so no heavy weights yet...I was reading a few things about front squats - but that's not a back squat. I was thinking hack squat - or just use the Steinborn lift - with only the bar or light weights for now - I should be able to deal?!? Thoughts?

WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did 120kg (264lbs) squats today... Been on the program two months. Amazing progression. I actually need more weights!

Bench is lagging, at 75kg but I want to bring it up to 80 as soon as possible...

Other lifts going up nicely

Over and out

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, it seems I have to use the EZ bar for skullcrushers, because the straight one is giving me huge shoulder problems. But I'm not sure about grip width. Is grabbing the inner rough patch alright?
    "In all things there is a poison and there is nothing without a poison. It depends only upon the dose whether a poison is a poison or not." ~ Paracelsus

Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sirownsalot View Post
    I think I am. the first month or so i wasnt, but now i am. I fail, I try again, i fail, i drop the weight and so on.
    The only thing that can be noted, is that for squats and dl, I fail because in order to get that last rep, i would have to break form and i am afraid of snapping my **** up
    When you fail, do you drop the weight down by 10% or 15%? Remember, the weight is always rounded down.

Originally Posted by JoshuaPP View Post
    Few Quick questions...

Low bar vs high bar squats? I'm having trouble with the placement on the back with low bar.. feels so unnatural.. any tips?

Standing cable crunch... Does this work only the Top Abs? Or is this broscience myth and just feels like only the top part is working?

Thanks.
    Low bar or high bar is your preference. Cable crunches should be done kneeling, unless you're advance enough to do standing. When you do a crunch, you work the entire abdominal area, including the obliques.

Originally Posted by SkinnyManBoy View Post
    The program suggest standing press, I looked up standing press in the excercise directory and I found multiple possible standing press excercises.
    I was wondering If somebody could tell me wich standing press he is speaking of?

Also can somebody send me a link to a hyperextention video? The only one I can find is one that requires a ball, not sure if this is the excercise he is talking about here in the program but Id appreciate it if somebody could clarify this for me.
    Standing press is an overhead press done with barbell, and obviously it's done standing. This is a hyperextension. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLYwZLWFGiU

Jason said to bring the bar straight up and down, not at an angle along the thighs. He explains why in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDvd6cyDlU8
    The Dorian video is just an example of a barbell row, so that people dont go doing pendlay rows, from the ground.

Thanks!

That is the one I was looking at seriously - need to save the money now!

No one has answered though - what to do until I can get the bar....female - just starting - so no heavy weights yet...I was reading a few things about front squats - but that's not a back squat. I was thinking hack squat - or just use the Steinborn lift - with only the bar or light weights for now - I should be able to deal?!? Thoughts?
    IMO just do whatever suits your availability now until you get the squat rack.

Originally Posted by EmperorRyker View Post
    Well, it seems I have to use the EZ bar for skullcrushers, because the straight one is giving me huge shoulder problems. But I'm not sure about grip width. Is grabbing the inner rough patch alright?
    If I'm not mistaken, Jason said EZ bar curls for skullcrushers wrecks the elbows. I could be wrong.

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's so many different kneeling cable crunch videos out there, so that I really don't know what kind of form is correct. What do you guys do, same as here - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ngCrunch.html? Or do you have your thighs perpendicular to the floor and then crunch?

If I'm not mistaken, Jason said EZ bar curls for skullcrushers wrecks the elbows. I could be wrong.
    Hmm, well that's not good. But the straight bar will wreck my shoulders. And I don't actually feel any discomfort in my elbows. So I don't know. If I can't do it right, I'll switch them out with something else, but for now I think I'll continue doing them with the EZ bar.
    "In all things there is a poison and there is nothing without a poison. It depends only upon the dose whether a poison is a poison or not." ~ Paracelsus

traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How long should this program be run for?

Been talking to a friend of mine who is pretty jacked and he recommends I do this for 8-10 weeks and then try out HST training.

Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had my first 5x5 workout this morning, just got a few more questions about it. First off I found it was good to have a clear structure to my routine, although I did find the 75% at 5 reps very easy. Did I read correctly that you should have 3-5min rest between each set? If this is true can is shorten it to 2-3 mins if I feel I can get the 5 reps? Also how many sets of warm up should be done or is that not a factor and its on personal prefence?
    On my next workout I will be doing deadlift, if its only one set is it still 75% of my 1rm or a higher weight? Lastly do I increase the weight every workout instead of every week? One last questions can I do more than 3 daysa week? Instead of having the two days off, e.g. workout A, off, B, off, A, off,B. etc….

d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

I've been on this program for about 2 months now and have increased weight at a decent pace. I started this program on a cut and have been cutting until 2 weeks ago. At the start of this program, I was benching around 145, squatting about 135 and deadlifting 135. I hit a wall towards the end of my cut with my bench around 175 and squat around 200 and deadlifts continued to increase no problem. I decided that my cut was over and began bulking 2 weeks ago. Since then, I'm benching 190, squating 245 and deadlifting 240. I'm still able to increase weight but the past week I've felt like the squats took every last bit of energy out of my system. I feel my energy plummet significantly after the heavy workouts, yet I'm able to finish all the sets without failure (but very close to failure). So what do I do?

It's really hard for me to wake up unless I get at least 10 hours of sleep. Sometimes I sleep for 12-13 hours. I don't really dread going to the gym yet, but after those squats, I feel a nauseous and I feel like my system is unable to keep up. Is the volume too high for me? I understand that I did a big jump in weight once I started bulking. The increased glycogen did wonders for me but do I need to deload? I'm considering a deload week but then read this from Jason on one of his deload videos: "Novices are rarely strong enough to benefit from it(deloading), micro resets will get them there. Now if they are pushing far too much volume they might need deload but they generally are not strong enough or with enough strength stamina to actually over-reach."

Like I said, I'm guessing the increase in weight on the bar is the cause of me feeling like this. Just wondering what you guys think I should do? Thanks!
    Currently Bulking

“The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. “

jabringmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabringmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabringmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyManBoy View Post
    I was wondering the same thing myself the other day and found this video by our very own JasonDB that basically says everybody is different, and that you just need to find what works for you. Please dont kill me if Im wrong, but I hope I could of been assistance to ya.
    find what works best for you? as in where do you feel it your lats most? for me, i started with dorian's way and i didnt feel as much. i switched to rowing to my upper abs using the same grip as i bench with. i feel it way more this way.
    ICF 5x5 F.A.Q.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&p=1063632501&viewfull=1#post1063632501

'You're against an opponent you can't even see. You can feel him. Feel him breathing down your neck.
    And you know what that is, that's you. Your fears, your doubts, and insecurities, all lined up like a firing squad, ready to shoot you out of the sky.'

Closed Thread
Page 225 of 325 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 ... LastLast