Closed Thread
Page 89 of 325 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 9748
    lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by heycisco01 View Post
    how about squats? the same weight for the whole week even thought it's 3x a week?
    no add 5 lbs per work out .... watch the video on page 1
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2 questions from a former powerlifter. During the bench press should we be tucking our elbows in and arching our back? Also how long should our breaks be between sets during the big 3 lifts?
    I had to change to a bodybuilding routine because the 85-90% load is dangerous for me due to a disease I was diagnosed with.
    Moderate 60-75% is fine but I'm not too sure if I'm supposed to use powerlifting form and long breaks.
    Last edited by Bruce44; 02-03-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hyperflux has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This may have been asked before: during a deload week, what percentage of your regular weight (on regular training days) do you do? Also, do I eat at maintenance during a deload week or keep my 20% surplus?

SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bruce44 View Post
    2 questions from a former powerlifter. During the bench press should we be tucking our elbows in and arching our back?
    Jason personally recommends elbow tucking for shoulder safety. I'm gonna say arching your back is up to your own preference, but do whatever form/movement you think gives most power/moves most weight.

Originally Posted by Hyperflux View Post
    This may have been asked before: during a deload week, what percentage of your regular weight (on regular training days) do you do? Also, do I eat at maintenance during a deload week or keep my 20% surplus?
    Jason has covered this in a video. He recommends to eat at maintenance during a deload - I forgot why exactly, but you're not moving enough weight to warrant a true workout, so why stick to a surplus?

Originally Posted by SDES View Post
    Haven't started this routine yet, not sure how I will handle the volume initially, but I'm excited.

I'm thinking of doing 1-2 days of sprinting (short distance, 2mins+ rest) and/or plyometrics along with this program, mainly for the purpose of training explosiveness/CNS 'training', and whatever cardio/getting-used-to-running benefits on the side. Ideally done on a Saturday (on a M/W/F split), but possibly other rest days too. Does anyone see much benefit to this? Any recovery issues?
    If anyone can give their input to this, that would be sweet. Jason recommends barbell complexes for conditioning work/doing-extra-stuff, so I'm thinking of doing this - maybe just one or none of the BB/sandbag complex days if I just wanna rest:

Mon: Workout A/B
    Tue: Barbell or Sandbag Complex
    Wed: Workout A/B
    Thur: Barbell or Sandbag Complex
    Fri: Workout A/B
    Sat: Plyo & Sprints
    Sun: Nothing

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how about squats? the same weight for the whole week even thought it's 3x a week?
    You increase the squat 5 lbs every workout until you are forced to reset. This is hard linear progression program.

Originally Posted by SDES View Post
    Jason personally recommends elbow tucking for shoulder safety. I'm gonna say arching your back is up to your own preference, but do whatever form/movement you think gives most power/moves most weight.

Jason has covered this in a video. He recommends to eat at maintenance during a deload - I forgot why exactly, but you're not moving enough weight to warrant a true workout, so why stick to a surplus?

If anyone can give their input to this, that would be sweet. Jason recommends barbell complexes for conditioning work/doing-extra-stuff, so I'm thinking of doing this - maybe just one or none of the BB/sandbag complex days if I just wanna rest:

Mon: Workout A/B
    Tue: Barbell or Sandbag Complex
    Wed: Workout A/B
    Thur: Barbell or Sandbag Complex
    Fri: Workout A/B
    Sat: Plyo & Sprints
    Sun: Nothing
    Good answers.

I would not run a full powerlifter arch here but some arching is fine. Elbow tuck should be 45-30 degrees for shoulder health but you do not need to be tucked in super tight... we just trying to protect the rotators. Too much tuck and too much arch you will lose some pec activation.

heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you very much. Does that include the bent over rows? I know you are doing 65% on the B workouts than "A", but are you still going up 5lbs a week for that as well. This is a bit confusing.

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much. Does that include the bent over rows? I know you are doing 65% on the B workouts than "A", but are you still going up 5lbs a week for that as well. This is a bit confusing.
    just lower 10% from weight you did on previous A da, that's at least how i do.

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    might hybrid from all pro .

been finding that muscles are getting stronger ALOT faster than my joints and tendons are .

So will probably swap some exercises onto a 8 - 12 rep progression plan which increases weights really slowly and has alot of deloads .

And keep some exercises like squats and deadlifts on the 5x5 plan .

would this work ?

heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Soulforged View Post
    just lower 10% from weight you did on previous A da, that's at least how i do.
    makes sense, thanks

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    might hybrid from all pro .

been finding that muscles are getting stronger ALOT faster than my joints and tendons are .

So will probably swap some exercises onto a 8 - 12 rep progression plan which increases weights really slowly and has alot of deloads .

And keep some exercises like squats and deadlifts on the 5x5 plan .

would this work ?
    lol, why don't you gtfo out of bodybuilding.com and make your own routines?
    fuark

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    lol its good to have another APSB graduate over here to laugh with about this.......

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As said above, B workout is your previous A workout -10% weight for rows. You should increase your A workout weight 5 lbs each time you do the A workout.

RayFinkle36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you guys use for skull crushers? An ez curl or barbell? I've seen Jason's 2 videos and it looked like he used both.

fabiocaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabiocaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RayFinkle36 View Post
    What do you guys use for skull crushers? An ez curl or barbell? I've seen Jason's 2 videos and it looked like he used both.
    For the logistics of my gym it is much easier to use the EZ curl bar so this is the one I use.
    Training since November 2012,
    Squat 210lb
    Deadlift 230lb
    Bench press 115lb(damn those bitch tits)

Goal-175pounds with a lot less fat :P
    Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ

I wanted to know if there were a lot of people who had success with this version?

InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey guys

ive been on the routine for about a month and a half now, seems to be going well.

I just failed my squat at 108kg for the first time so will reset 10% and work up again, rest seem to be okish but close to failing almost everything now.

If i start failing most stuff is the key rest 10% and then try beat it a few days later? what happens if i max out at the same weight again, do i need to eat more or something? as im finding it hard even on a 10% reset for squat.

Another concern I had was im finding form near impossible with skull crushers, is there a good substitute I can use? My triceps are months behind my other muscles as I just cant get form right despite watching vis and trying different weights...

Thanks for any tips guys I want to fix the issues ive found over the last month or so to stop me from brick walling progress

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wanted to know if there were a lot of people who had success with this version?
    Success with what? Building muscle? Not sure, I've been on this program for maybe 1 month only, but strenght is going up real nice and so should muscles be growing but I need like 5-6 more months so I can compare if I built some muscle.
    fuark

rawbbbbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been using this program as an outline for my workouts for the past four weeks and wow.
    I have made more strength gains than I have following my ****ty 3x10 split for three months. My dumbell press has gone up from 35's to 70's in that 4 weeks. The 5x5 has just given me the confidence to try bigger weight without the fear of burning out and snapping my **** up.
    I haven't noticed any physique changes yet but it's been four weeks, I'm sure that will come with time. I get a huge pump coming out of the gym though.
    Do I follow it to the T? No. Sometimes I do chest flys, lat pulls, dips, etc., but I make sure that squats, deads, OHP, and either dumbell or bar bench 5x5 is the core of my workout, and I work every muscle, every session.
    Everyone's body is different. Do what the **** works for you. The core of this plan and the philosophy of this plan has worked for me.
    Just wanted to say thanks

OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    real quick, how long is it taking you guys to finish a workout? So far it's taking me 1 hr 35 minutes. Brutal!!
    Peace be with you!
    I train insane
    Squat till you drop

Workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151543823

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    Screw you , I have damaged my shoulder AC joint lifting heavy and simply wanted to continue doing this routine but swapping bench to 8-12 rep progression which will be using 10 rep max weight .

What a dick

Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    Screw you , I have damaged my shoulder AC joint lifting heavy and simply wanted to continue doing this routine but swapping bench to 8-12 rep progression which will be using 10 rep max weight .

What a dick
    lets not start that same crap over here bud. you must admite jumping from one routine to another bashing and changing it (like your qualified to) makes it look a awful lot like your trolling. or trying to set the stage for "grailers body transformation routine"
    if you want to run a routine than run it... if you want to make changes make them and keep them to your self. if you have a personal injury that keeps you from following a routine that you generally like. ask the OP (in this case Jason) if a sub is in order.
    but to say you are going to do some thing different to stay safer. just under minds the OP ....learn to respect who's house you are in bro.
    we (you and i) follow beginner / novice routines because that is what we are. to act like we are more qualified than the folks who are helping us get this started is just rude.
    good luck with your goals. stick with it bud. i'm always around if you want to chat on PM....

ShreddedManlet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys could I use 2.5lb chains instead of 2.5lb plates ?
    ShreddedManlet's Bulking log "ICF's novice 5x5" :http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151591123 <------ DEAD

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedManlet View Post
    Weight is weight

we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) we1ghtlift3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    About to start this routine next week! Finishing up Cycle 5 of Allpros this week. This routine looks great. Hope to make some great strength gains as well as build up a lot of mass!

Originally Posted by ShreddedManlet View Post
    as long as it doesn't deload on the floor... as in= i'm guessing 2.5lb chain is just a few links and you will be lifting the hole 2.5 through out the entire range of motion.... then go for it...

ShreddedManlet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the response musikguy and lrd3
    ShreddedManlet's Bulking log "ICF's novice 5x5" :http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151591123 <------ DEAD

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    lets not start that same crap over here bud. you must admite jumping from one routine to another bashing and changing it (like your qualified to) makes it look a awful lot like your trolling. or trying to set the stage for "grailers body transformation routine"
    if you want to run a routine than run it... if you want to make changes make them and keep them to your self. if you have a personal injury that keeps you from following a routine that you generally like. ask the OP (in this case Jason) if a sub is in order.
    but to say you are going to do some thing different to stay safer. just under minds the OP ....learn to respect who's house you are in bro.
    we (you and i) follow beginner / novice routines because that is what we are. to act like we are more qualified than the folks who are helping us get this started is just rude.
    good luck with your goals. stick with it bud. i'm always around if you want to chat on PM....
    If you cant answer my question then you arent helping me just trying to start a fight so im going to ignore you from now on .

This routine definately builds quality muscle faster than any routine imo but now I know the hard way that pushing too hard too fast leads to sheit snapping

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Or maybe it was a form issue? Just a thought.

Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    Or maybe it was a form issue? Just a thought.
    Yeah I removed shrugs from routine to isolate what was causing the collarbone to be tender - Im picking bench or shrugs since I was using same weight for both exercises .
    It doesnt really hurt alot just tender to touch , but it could get worse since its either bone or soft tissue damage.

Anyways did workout today , increased deadlift 10 pounds . <-- keeping this to 1x5

Did Rows using 10rm 3x8 ( lower back holding me back on 5x5 ) snipping from all pros routine here so I can use same weight for a month and still make progress ( bit more volume tho 3 sets not 2 )

Press 5x5 increase 5 pounds couldnt complete all sets . Quite amazed at my progress on this lift with this program . Increased 131% ,
    I started using dumbbells before starting 5x5 because my right shoulder was so weak from injury I
    struggling with 10 pounds.

ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What percentage of my deadlift 1rm should I do my 1x5s?

Say I do this for 6 weeks and I stall, could I then go into a routine like 3x3/4x3 etc. using 85%? Would that yield more hypertrophy or would just deloading for a week and coming back to the original 5x5 program be best?
    Last edited by ShortBrah3030; 02-03-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 89 of 325 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast