Closed Thread
Page 49 of 325 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 9748
    djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yanix0 View Post
    jason 1 more question , when should i increase my weight? once in week(of course if werent any failure in the way )?
    You really need to watch the video. It answers all the questions you are asking.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GradyBabyTracy View Post
    My chest, biceps and calves are my weak points. Can I just add flat bench Flyes and Incline Dumbbell press to my bench press day, concentration curls and cable curls to dead lift day and continue to do calf Raises after every workout? And how long do I use this routine before changing?
    You may not need flyes if you are doing all your pressing correctly. Incline dumbbell presses are a very good choice for an intermediate with a lagging chest. The other lifts look fine.

You run it until you are either no longer progressing on it or you get bored of it or of modified versions of it and want to move on.

Originally Posted by oliveman6 View Post
    Here is what I've done this week on the major lifts. I'm in week 3 and making great progress so far. I'm slowly increasing the weights and want to maintain good form all around:
    Monday:
    Squat: 5x5@145 lbs
    Bench: 5x5@155
    Row: 5x5@115

Wednesday:
    Squat: 5x5 @150 lbs
    Deadlift: 5x5 @ 150
    Press: 5x5 @ 100
    Row: 5x5 @ 105
    CGBP: 3x8 @ 115

Should I be concerned that my bench is higher than my squat and deadlift right now, or will that straighten itself out naturally? Also I have been having pain in my inside hip right by my groin during and after squatting. Could this be a form issue? Thanks in advance, Jason.
    It will sort itself out.

It could be a form issue or a mobility/flexibility issue. Stretching and foam rolling need to be a high priority for you.

Originally Posted by djlogik View Post
    You really need to watch the video. It answers all the questions you are asking.
    I noticed that myself... he clearly didn't watch the video and is waiting on the entire video to be typed out. LoL

djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000) djlogik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also I have been having pain in my inside hip right by my groin during and after squatting. Could this be a form issue?
    I had an issue inside my hip as well (hip flexor) when I started squatting more. For me, I had to widen my stance a bit more (just slightly). Then I had to concentrate on driving my hips forward as I came out of my squat to activate my glutes more. These changes and really stretching/foam rolling my quads/hams/hips has taken away all the discomfort I was having. Hope this helps you.

PGRAYMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 2 of week 7, epic fail on bench press. I failed on the last 3 sets at 190. Luckily I had a spotter, to help me finish the reps. I guess I will retry the same weight on Monday and hope I can get it. So close to the 200 mark, I don't want to reset now...I wanted to hit 200 before the new year, now it will be Jan 2 at the earliest....

On the flip side, I am 7 weeks in and haven't missed a workout. I am seeing great progress, and if I fail the BP again, it will be my first reset (after 50lbs of increased weight). I guess I can't really complain.

Loving the program Jason. Thanks

BenitaSolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djlogik View Post
    I had an issue inside my hip as well (hip flexor) when I started squatting more. For me, I had to widen my stance a bit more (just slightly). Then I had to concentrate on driving my hips forward as I came out of my squat to activate my glutes more. These changes and really stretching/foam rolling my quads/hams/hips has taken away all the discomfort I was having. Hope this helps you.
    I was looking into this recently as I have pain in this area. For me it is defiantly not my hip flexor, I am oh so familiar with this issue. What I uncovered is that it may be the abductors? I'm not really sure the best way to go about strengthening these muscles outside of those machines that specifically target the area. Any advice? Will they strengthen themselves in time? Thanks and sorry to pile up the questions!

I'm five weeks in and still waiting on my first reset! I think it's coming soon. I predict squats, press and bench to be first. Oh and... another question. I have seen a few videos for shrug technique. Should i be standing straight up or very slightly hinged at the hips?

GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here is what I've done this week on the major lifts. I'm in wit's 3 and making great progress so far. I'm slowly increasing the weights and want to maintain good form all around:
    Monday:
    Squat: 5x5@145 lbs
    Bench: 5x5@155
    Row: 5x5@115

Wednesday:
    Squat: 5x5 @150 lbs
    Deadlift: 5x5 @ 150
    Press: 5x5 @ 100
    Row: 5x5 @ 105
    CGBP: 3x8 @ 115

Should I be concerned that my bench is higher than my squat and deadlift right now, or will that straighten itself out naturally? Also I have been having pain in my inside hip right by my groin during and after squatting. Could this be a form issue? Thanks in advance, Jason.
    (my two cents)
    You shouldn't be concerned as long as you're progressing, once you correct your form( and continue to lift your squat and deadlift numbers will increase much faster than your bench and you might just be in shock of the weights and haven't tested your limits. With the pain it might be soreness because I started doing front squats on my light squat day and my groin area muscles we hurting.
    B 215
    S 315
    D 365

GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GradyBabyTracy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks again dawg. I'll be starting your program at the top of the year and I like the 1x5 deadlift idea too, doing 5x5 was hell on my back.
    B 215
    S 315
    D 365

Jumpjump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi.

I've watched the video and this workout seems really good but I'm not from english speaking country so I didn't understand one part. Just want someone to clarify it to me. When you said increase 5lb per workout you meant for each workout. For e.g I start doing workout A, then B, then I increase 5 lb on A, then I increase 5 lb on B, and so on?

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jason, could you take a look at a thread I made? It's about the Kneeling Cable Crunches, not sure which method is the correct way to do them:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150459483

Thanks
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean

Originally Posted by pyaarawala View Post
    Jason, could you take a look at a thread I made? It's about the Kneeling Cable Crunches, not sure which method is the correct way to do them:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150459483

Thanks
    Turn around and face the plates.
    Do a cable crunch instead of a cable sit up
    A crunch is a short movement.
    Lay on the floor in sit up position but only lift your shoulder blades off of with your chin tucked in your chest fully exhale while the muscles are contracting.
    Imitate that same movement with the cable and rope.
    Start with your back arched and roll your shoulders as if you are on the floor again.
    If you don't think this is the most effective way to do them. Lay on the floor with your hands on your abs and do a crunch then do a sit up. After your shoulders are off of the ground your are working your lower abs but not in a way that will have many benefits.
    B 215
    S 315
    D 365

Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jumpjump View Post
    Hi.

I've watched the video and this workout seems really good but I'm not from english speaking country so I didn't understand one part. Just want someone to clarify it to me. When you said increase 5lb per workout you meant for each workout. For e.g I start doing workout A, then B, then I increase 5 lb on A, then I increase 5 lb on B, and so on?
    The goal is to increase every workout. So every time you squat you add 5 lbs to that exercise, every time you bench press you add 5 lbs to that exercise, every time you deadlift you add 5 lbs to that exercise and so on.

edwardculen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People with Pain from squatting !!!!!!

I had the same problem with pain in my hip-flexor, I started doing this exercise and the pain is completely gone now : )

Before squatting perform a third world Squat, I usually do the exercise for 1-2min.

youtube.com/watch?v=ADWqYRMcAp0[/url] .....heres a video of how

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jason, I've had a disc hernia in my l5s1 in the past, but your program looks way too good to pass on. Is there anyway to do squats without hurt it? Like a different method? Or should I just go lower on weights? Will I still make some gains that way?

Funny enough, deadlifts do not hurt my lower back though.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Originally Posted by edwardculen View Post
    People with Pain from squatting !!!!!!

I had the same problem with pain in my hip-flexor, I started doing this exercise and the pain is completely gone now : )

Before squatting perform a third world Squat, I usually do the exercise for 1-2min.

youtube.com/watch?v=ADWqYRMcAp0[/url] .....heres a video of how
    That's one of the stretches I do. I actually do them a few times a day while at work since i sit 90% of the work day. Definitely helps with the hip flexors.

LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much weight are you guys pushing with defined pecks/ large chest for the flat bench and CGB?

Ive been doing this program for a little over 2 months now. Ive become a lot stronger on this program, especially my
    back and legs. Ive went from weighing 148lb to 166lb during these past 2 months my legs, lower back and traps have really put on size
    . Yet my chest and arms have stayed pretty much the same. My chest is lacking yet when I started my flat bench was 150lb @ 5x5 its now 210 @ 5x5, my CGB was 125 @ 5x5 now is 190lb at 5x5..Ive even added flys and another chest exercise to super set with, Yet my chest is tiny.

For my A days I preacher curl BB 95lb 5x5, then DB hammer curl 35lb 5x5 lastly chins 4x10.
    B days straight bar curl 80lb 5x5 and seated incline curl 25 lb 5x5.

For triceps CGB bench 190lb 5x5, skull crusher 85 lb 5x8, tricep kickback db 25lb.

Can I add anything that will help with my chest and arms grow?

Ive also added to my "A days" good mornings instead of hyperextensions and romanian deadlift simply because Im trying to get
    big but not over train. Is this ok Jason?

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Jason, I've had a disc hernia in my l5s1 in the past, but your program looks way too good to pass on. Is there anyway to do squats without hurt it? Like a different method? Or should I just go lower on weights? Will I still make some gains that way?

Funny enough, deadlifts do not hurt my lower back though.
    It is difficult for me to assess something like this over the internet. Do you have a phisiologist who can make suggestions on squat technique for your issue? My advice outside of this would be take is very very slow and careful if you use my program and master your squat technique to textbook perfect before you start loading up the weight. I would skip the shrugs.

LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much weight are you guys pushing with defined pecks/ large chest for the flat bench and CGB?

Ive been doing this program for a little over 2 months now. Ive become a lot stronger on this program, especially my
    back and legs. Ive went from weighing 148lb to 166lb during these past 2 months my legs, lower back and traps have really put on size
    . Yet my chest and arms have stayed pretty much the same. My chest is lacking yet when I started my flat bench was 150lb @ 5x5 its now 210 @ 5x5, my CGB was 125 @ 5x5 now is 190lb at 5x5..Ive even added flys and another chest exercise to super set with, Yet my chest is tiny.

For my A days I preacher curl BB 95lb 5x5, then DB hammer curl 35lb 5x5 lastly chins 4x10.
    B days straight bar curl 80lb 5x5 and seated incline curl 25 lb 5x5.

For triceps CGB bench 190lb 5x5, skull crusher 85 lb 5x8, tricep kickback db 25lb.

Can I add anything that will help with my chest and arms grow?

Ive also added to my "A days" good mornings instead of hyperextensions and romanian deadlift simply because Im trying to get
    big but not over train. Is this ok Jason?
    In your case as you have been training awhile and clearly have built up a strength base the first couple months if you do them carefully you can sub in good mornings as they are a superior movement anyway.

As to your first part I think it is in your head having gained 18 lbs of bodyweight and your chest and arm work sets having increased that much there is no way that you haven't gained signifigant chest and arm hypertrophy. Ask friends or family and I think they'll tell you that you've gotten bigger everywhere.... unless they are haters of course.

Yea Im sure you are right, I do make high expectation for myself. I had a guy in my weight class ask if I was taking roids haha guess I should take that as "Ive put on size since the beging of term with this program : ) Do you think I should add to my chest work/arm? Or would that hurt me? I can take pics if need be.

Ive read the supplement forum etc....I was curious with this program what do you suggest we take supplement wise other than just eating a lot.

Right now I take pre workout: multi-vitamin, fish oil pills, Optimum Nutrition Glycomaize,Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, and kre-alkalyn creatine ...then the same post workout.....before bed I have a syntha 6 protein shake and ICE CREAM : )!! Ive been thinking about taking optimum nutrition serious mass to make sure Im hitting my calories maintenance and again to put on size I would love to hit 175-180lb.

Yea Im sure you are right, I do make high expectation for myself. I had a guy in my weight class ask if I was taking roids haha guess I should take that as "Ive put on size since the beging of term with this program : ) Do you think I should add to my chest work/arm? Or would that hurt me? I can take pics if need be.

Ive read the supplement forum etc....I was curious with this program what do you suggest we take supplement wise other than just eating a lot.

Right now I take pre workout: multi-vitamin, fish oil pills, Optimum Nutrition Glycomaize,Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, and kre-alkalyn creatine ...then the same post workout.....before bed I have a syntha 6 protein shake and ICE CREAM : )!! Ive been thinking about taking optimum nutrition serious mass to make sure Im hitting my calories maintenance and again to put on size I would love to hit 175-180lb.
    I don't know what half the stuff you listed in the supplement list are. I use fish oil, vitamin D3 and on days when I don't eat many veggies a cheap generic multivitamin. I don't use any post workout supplements.

maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jason, i do have a doctor appointment on Jan-4-2013 if the world wont end in 2 days "trolling"

so while increasing my wait on bench press as usual i was doing 110 lb which is as low as f*** but because of previous shoulder injury which i dont know what it is but it bothers me most of the time even in my warming sets on squats i tend to be so careful about it, but that muscle in my shoulder just became like a freaking ball and i had some serious pain in it which im sure it is not bone pain and even i had to do some barbell rolling " i used the barbel instead of foam " to relief the pain and dropped my weight to 90 just to be able to do the BB because i tried 2 times and failed on the 2-3 rep, even with almost perfect form as i practiced it way so much

so here is some pics of that area and i wish to get an advise at least for the current time until i see the doctor

thanks
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by maqsmj View Post
    Jason, i do have a doctor appointment on Jan-4-2013 if the world wont end in 2 days "trolling"

so while increasing my wait on bench press as usual i was doing 110 lb which is as low as f*** but because of previous shoulder injury which i dont know what it is but it bothers me most of the time even in my warming sets on squats i tend to be so careful about it, but that muscle in my shoulder just became like a freaking ball and i had some serious pain in it which im sure it is not bone pain and even i had to do some barbell rolling " i used the barbel instead of foam " to relief the pain and dropped my weight to 90 just to be able to do the BB because i tried 2 times and failed on the 2-3 rep, even with almost perfect form as i practiced it way so much

so here is some pics of that area and i wish to get an advise at least for the current time until i see the doctor

thanks
    That isn't a rotator cuff issue or we would not see redness there. This is either a muscle pull or you have hit your shoulder on something and bruised the muscle without realizing it. Reduce weight for now, use ibuprofen (topical if you can get it) and RICE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICE_(medicine)

maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    That isn't a rotator cuff issue or we would not see redness there. This is either a muscle pull or you have hit your shoulder on something and bruised the muscle without realizing it. Reduce weight for now, use ibuprofen (topical if you can get it) and RICE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICE_(medicine)
    i took oboprofin ad u suggested. just a comment about the redness it happened afyer i used the barbel to soften the area then it became red.before that it had a usual color.

thanks fot ur advisean. i will stick with iboprofin and try to get RICE

Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    The goal is to increase every workout. So every time you squat you add 5 lbs to that exercise, every time you bench press you add 5 lbs to that exercise, every time you deadlift you add 5 lbs to that exercise and so on.
    Alright thanks man. And just another thing, how long do I rest between sets and between exercises?

jarndt9876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have bee running All-Pro's Simple Beginner routine for 6 cycles now and I really like the looks of this program. Here is my problem though. Two summers ago I got a bad case of sciatica that tooks months to get it sorted out. Ever since that time, I have had flare ups from time to time. When doing All-Pros, I found that I have not had any flare ups except once. That came when I tried to add cable crunches in. I have watched a lot of Elliot Hulse's videos and I have a definite case of "Pink Panther butt" as he would call it. Really tight upper hamstrings, and straight low back. I think it would be an anterior pelvic tilt. I am concerned about the heavy ab work that this program perscribes. Can you give me a direction to go?

Thanks

Originally Posted by jarndt9876 View Post
    I have bee running All-Pro's Simple Beginner routine for 6 cycles now and I really like the looks of this program. Here is my problem though. Two summers ago I got a bad case of sciatica that tooks months to get it sorted out. Ever since that time, I have had flare ups from time to time. When doing All-Pros, I found that I have not had any flare ups except once. That came when I tried to add cable crunches in. I have watched a lot of Elliot Hulse's videos and I have a definite case of "Pink Panther butt" as he would call it. Really tight upper hamstrings, and straight low back. I think it would be an anterior pelvic tilt. I am concerned about the heavy ab work that this program perscribes. Can you give me a direction to go?

Thanks
    You need to be doing daily mobility work and particularly hurdler's stretches until you get those hamstrings limber. Do you have a desk job by chance?

JasonDB how long do you advice to rest between sets and exercises? Also, I went to the gym today to do these exercises and when I tried to do skullcrushes my left shoulder really hurts and it feels really uncomfortable like if it was going to snap. I've tried different forms but all of them hurt the same even with low weight. Is there any other execise that I could to instead of this one? Thanks in advance.

jarndt9876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    You need to be doing daily mobility work and particularly hurdler's stretches until you get those hamstrings limber. Do you have a desk job by chance?
    Yes I do. Would you recomend that I keep on the All-Pros until I can get it worked out, or go to this one with lighter ab work until I do?

Originally Posted by Jumpjump View Post
    JasonDB how long do you advice to rest between sets and exercises? Also, I went to the gym today to do these exercises and when I tried to do skullcrushes my left shoulder really hurts and it feels really uncomfortable like if it was going to snap. I've tried different forms but all of them hurt the same even with low weight. Is there any other execise that I could to instead of this one? Thanks in advance.
    3-5 mins on the 5x5, 1-2 minutes on the 3x8s

Be specific in what your skullcrusher form looks like so that I can assess this.

^^^ These are my recommendations for avoiding elbow and shoulder pain on the movement while getting full tricep development out of it. How close to my form does your form look?

Originally Posted by jarndt9876 View Post
    Yes I do. Would you recomend that I keep on the All-Pros until I can get it worked out, or go to this one with lighter ab work until I do?
    If you continue to do light ab work you are going to have a weak core and will not develop any degree of strength and will potentially injure yourself as a result of an intense program. The core work is not your problem, it is tight hamstrings that is causing the problem. It should take you no more than 2-3 weeks of daily mobilty work and hamstring stretches to sort anterior pelvic tilt. You can also do weighted stretches at the bottom of a squat for 30 seconds on your heels with 50-60% of your max on the bar. As you have a desk job you will need to keep your hamstring flexibility up until you retire or you will have future problems from it.

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Jason, I've seen you mention that you use varying rep ranges and intensities in your own training and would recommend for imtermediate or advanced lifters. Do you have any posts or videos with that sort of routine? I prefer to vary my intensity/reps/volume so I'm curious what you'd recommend for that type of training. Thanks man.

Originally Posted by jimmyk21 View Post
    Hey Jason, I've seen you mention that you use varying rep ranges and intensities in your own training and would recommend for imtermediate or advanced lifters. Do you have any posts or videos with that sort of routine? I prefer to vary my intensity/reps/volume so I'm curious what you'd recommend for that type of training. Thanks man.
    I only have a sample skeleton intermedate routine up it doesn't include progression, deloads etc thus making it worthless as a program.

I personally use non-linear periodization on full body routines. I was doing power work (1-5 reps) rotated with metabolic work (8-10 reps) recently. I am now using ME days (1-3 reps) with 5-8 reps for accessory work with some high rep backoff sets, alternated with DE days (speed work for 2-3 reps and very high sets) in which I also do 5-8 rep accessory work.

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cool, thanks..still full body? Same frequency?

Closed Thread