Closed Thread
Page 84 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 9748
    666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Sorry I basically figure if I have answer a question in full text more than 3 times if someone wants to know the answer bad enough they will use the thread tools to search for it. This is the last time I am answering this specific question. For people training at home with only a power rack do good mornings but be extremely careful and ramp up the weight very very slowly on this and watch form videos online. Don't play around with this one as you can hurt yourself. Do weighted crunches, planks etc if you don't have cables for abs.
    I'm sorry, completely forgot about the thread search option! Thanks for answering me anyway :-).
    hope to start training this next week, seems like a great workout...

DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tide89 View Post
    I would definitely consult a doctor first if I was you. Back injuries aren't worth chancing.
    Ok, yeah I will probably do that. I know my form will have to be spot on anyway but wasn't sure if this type of lifting was strongly not recommended for even minor lower back problems?

The reason I ask on here is that depending on which doctor I manage to see will determine what type of answer I'd get which doesn't fill me with confidence in them.
    So I thought I'd seek advice who are superior in knowledge in this field!

bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Jason. Ive recommended this routine to a friend of mine. Thing is he has an "S" bent spine (lordosis and kyphosis) How would you alter this training based on his messed up spine ? Im guessing no deadlifts and squats but what can replace these ? hyperextensions and leg press machines?

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    Jason, this must be asked already, however I can't find an answer to it other than that bench press and ohp should workout the whole chest.
    The thing is that my lower chest is overdeveloped and I feel that with time it will look even more ridiculous and I will get that "scooby chest". What do you suggest to do?

Also a very BS thing - the gym will be closed for 2 days, which means it will be 4 days of rest and no gym for me. I guess I cannot go to the gym and workout 2 days in a row because it's a full body workout, right?

And the question about ab training - what alternatives can I do for cable crunches? They're getting ridicoulously hard to get down on my knees so I feel that I need something a bit simpler - another weighed ab excercise (except crunches I guess, because it puts much pressure on lower back? That's not what I need). Maybe leg raises? But not sure if it works the abs well and how can I do weighed leg raises (hanging).
    new page bump. Please respond.
    fuark

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    Jason, this must be asked already, however I can't find an answer to it other than that bench press and ohp should workout the whole chest.
    The thing is that my lower chest is overdeveloped and I feel that with time it will look even more ridiculous and I will get that "scooby chest". What do you suggest to do?

Also a very BS thing - the gym will be closed for 2 days, which means it will be 4 days of rest and no gym for me. I guess I cannot go to the gym and workout 2 days in a row because it's a full body workout, right?

And the question about ab training - what alternatives can I do for cable crunches? They're getting ridicoulously hard to get down on my knees so I feel that I need something a bit simpler - another weighed ab excercise (except crunches I guess, because it puts much pressure on lower back? That's not what I need). Maybe leg raises? But not sure if it works the abs well and how can I do weighed leg raises (hanging).
    Are you advanced enough to actually have weak points or are you just worried about no upper chest? You could add in some incline dumbbell presses fro 3x8 once a week in workout B but there is already a huge amount pressing volume in this program.

You can do weighted crunches if need be.

Do not do this program 2 days in a row... do bodyweight squats or with milk jugs or a backpack, pushups, chinups etc and effectively do a deload with the down time.

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Out of curiosity, how much lean muscle mass could I gain per month of running this program at a calorie surplus of 15%, hitting 3300 calories per day.

DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveyP16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaveyP16 View Post
    Ok, yeah I will probably do that. I know my form will have to be spot on anyway but wasn't sure if this type of lifting was strongly not recommended for even minor lower back problems?

The reason I ask on here is that depending on which doctor I manage to see will determine what type of answer I'd get which doesn't fill me with confidence in them.
    So I thought I'd seek advice who are superior in knowledge in this field!

Can I ask your opinion on this Jason? Lifting with a slightly protruding disc between L5 & S1, which can cause some sciatica?

Thanks

Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so i have a question, How can i safely prograsiv overload on squat if i dont have a power rack? yes my gym dose not have a power rack. And i know that it sucks but i feel that if i continue adding weight to my sqaut that i will hit faileur. Witch can get a bit complicated if i dont have a power rack. So shud i just stay on this wieght for a while and increase it after like 2 weeks or shud i try and find someway that i can push the bar off from my back if i cant get up?^^

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bandit1987 View Post
    so i have a question, How can i safely prograsiv overload on squat if i dont have a power rack? yes my gym dose not have a power rack. And i know that it sucks but i feel that if i continue adding weight to my sqaut that i will hit faileur. Witch can get a bit complicated if i dont have a power rack. So shud i just stay on this wieght for a while and increase it after like 2 weeks or shud i try and find someway that i can push the bar off from my back if i cant get up?^^
    You should not attempt squats without some safety equipment. If you're failing and have to awkwardly unload a heavy squat bar, you're asking for an injury. I don't know what the protocol is in this situation, whether it be Smith Machine or leg press, but I would not risk my spinal health for this program.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaveyP16 View Post
    Can I ask your opinion on this Jason? Lifting with a slightly protruding disc between L5 & S1, which can cause some sciatica?

Thanks
    I'm not a physical therapist and I don't have access to your medical records. Me giving you advice on something like this would be reckless on my part.

Originally Posted by Bandit1987 View Post
    Originally Posted by Stev05 View Post
    You should not attempt squats without some safety equipment. If you're failing and have to awkwardly unload a heavy squat bar, you're asking for an injury. I don't know what the protocol is in this situation, whether it be Smith Machine or leg press, but I would not risk my spinal health for this program.
    ^^^ This. I wrote a program that can be run with $500 or less worth of home equipment or the equipment at about 80-90% of gyms out there. If you don't have access to the correct equipment don't do the program.

Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bandit1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post

^^^ This. I wrote a program that can be run with $500 or less worth of home equipment or the equipment at about 80-90% of gyms out there. If you don't have access to the correct equipment don't do the program.
    Il just have to find a spotter!:P

joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jason (or some other folk who can help me)...

In my gym there is no 2.5lb weights (so I can add a total of 5lb putting each side in bench press, deadlift, squat...).

I'm going now in 10lb increments (5 each side) as it's the only option I have, but I think I will strugle in a few weeks when things get really hard.

What's your suggestion? I find the jump of 10lb much bigger than 5lb.

dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by joserh View Post

In my gym there is no 2.5lb weights (so I can add a total of 5lb putting each side in bench press, deadlift, squat...).

I'm going now in 10lb increments (5 each side) as it's the only option I have, but I think I will strugle in a few weeks when things get really hard.

I'd suggest buying just the two small plates you need and taking them with you. It would be a bit annoying alright having to cart them about with you and make sure someone else didn't nab them when you've them down, but I don't really see any other way around that.

OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OBigdog26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man, just got done doing workout A. This program is intense and not for the faint hearted, especially once the weights on squats go up. I can see gainzz in the near future, granted I'm hitting my macros just right.

One question though, can I substitute kneeling cable crunches? It's an awkward movement...

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by joserh View Post

A pair of 2.5LB Olympic plates is a worthwhile investment. Some of us even have 1.25LB plates as well. I use them on some of the exercises that tend to get harder to progressively load on at heavier weights like OHP and Barbell Curls.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joserh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks! I'll figure it out where to buy them.

fabiocaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabiocaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best 5 bucks I/ve spent on my fitness so far were on 2x2.5lb plates.I always have them in my gym bag since my gym only has the typical 5lb plates and the 1kg yoga ones.
    Training since November 2012,
    Squat 210lb
    Deadlift 230lb
    Bench press 115lb(damn those bitch tits)

Goal-175pounds with a lot less fat :P
    Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ

Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had my first workout using this routine today. I liked it even though it was quite long, but I'm a bit upset : I have kind of a pinching pain behind my right scapula while squatting. I really hope it will go away, I don't want to be forced to switch to leg press anyone can tell me how to fix it ?

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Parisii View Post
    Had my first workout using this routine today. I liked it even though it was quite long, but I'm a bit upset : I have kind of a pinching pain behind my right scapula while squatting. I really hope it will go away, I don't want to be forced to switch to leg press anyone can tell me how to fix it ?
    Have you tried switching your grip width up?
    -Dr. Seuss

Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parisii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you tried switching your grip width up?
    Hmmm no, maybe I should try wider ?

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Parisii View Post
    Probably your bursa .Rest

Front squats / hack squats / leg press

Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    Probably your bursa .Rest

Front squats / hack squats / leg press
    I've just looked what bursa is. It seems to be more in the shoulder, while my pain is lower.

jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well here will be my progress at the end this week (week 3) of being on this program :
    Start weight: 139 ----- Current weight: 142

Squat 115 ----165
    Bench 95----145
    BOR 95----120
    Shrug 135----175
    Deadlift 135----175
    Overhead Press 60----95
    CGBP 95----120
    SkullCrusher 40----50
    Chin ups Body weight x5----body weight x8
    Curls 50----60
    Hyper Ext 25 plate----35 plate
    Cable Crunch 60----100

Eating ~3000 calories a day
    Seeing good physic/definition gains, hopefully will see good body weight gains as this progresses

Really loving this program so far

notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Jason, I'm having a little trouble with the progressive overload, is it normal to struggle? I'm hitting macros and clean bulking on an if protocol, is it possible I'm not at a big enough surplus? Or maybe not working the muscles hard enough? I try to do as much weight with good form every time, please help, id up my surplus but my bf is 20pc and I'm not a fan of Mantits haha, my sleep is good as well.

52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by notpuayet View Post
    Hi Jason, I'm having a little trouble with the progressive overload, is it normal to struggle? I'm hitting macros and clean bulking on an if protocol, is it possible I'm not at a big enough surplus? Or maybe not working the muscles hard enough? I try to do as much weight with good form every time, please help, id up my surplus but my bf is 20pc and I'm not a fan of Mantits haha, my sleep is good as well.
    I'm on a clean bulk myself and go through the same problems. I do the same weight on 2 straight exercises before going up in weight. I know it's not strictly the correct thing to do but I still sometimes find myself not being able to do the 5 pound increase after doing the prior weight two straight exercises. For example, I went 2 straight bench sessions with 130 lbs. After doing those 2 successfully I went ahead and went up to 135 and could not do 5 full reps ONCE (pretty much did a 4x4 and then did 3 reps on the 5th set). Maybe it was all mental since it was weird having 45lb plates each side....Regardless I just have to go hard on my next bench sesh and get that 135!!

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 52Lewis20Reed View Post
    I'm on a clean bulk myself and go through the same problems. I do the same weight on 2 straight exercises before going up in weight. I know it's not strictly the correct thing to do but I still sometimes find myself not being able to do the 5 pound increase after doing the prior weight two straight exercises. For example, I went 2 straight bench sessions with 130 lbs. After doing those 2 successfully I went ahead and went up to 135 and could not do 5 full reps ONCE (pretty much did a 4x4 and then did 3 reps on the 5th set). Maybe it was all mental since it was weird having 45lb plates each side....Regardless I just have to go hard on my next bench sesh and get that 135!!
    thats almost 100% as me,maybe Jason says something about this.

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 52Lewis20Reed View Post
    If you fail to get the 135 then you need to reset and reduce the weight by 10% and work your way back up.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tmartin89 View Post
    If you fail to get the 135 then you need to reset and reduce the weight by 10% and work your way back up.
    He's right, I was going too far to failure I think, Jason says in the video that you should go by 75% of your 5 rep max and 65% of 8rep max, I think this may be a reason which I keep hitting plateau, I'm pushing too hard and using my max on almost all of my sets lol. I've recalc'd my lifts to something like this, hopefully the progress will be good. This should sort some of the fatigue problems I've been having as well and may allow me to add a bit of cardio in at the end hopefully. Should help me get through my workout quicker too!
    EDIT: He said that's for when you start off, should I be going at max with good form for every set on the compounds or should I deload a little and progress? Thoughts?

42.kg row = 75%
    50kg squat = 75%
    60kg deadlift = 75%
    30kg press - 75%
    cgbp = 27.5kg - 65%
    32.5 kg bench press - 75%
    40kg shrugs - 65%
    barbell curl just bar - 65%
    skullcrushers need to test
    Last edited by notpuayet; 01-30-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Just failed bench for the first time. Failed on the 5th rep of the 4th set at 160lbs. I was kinda bummed until my friend pointed out I just did more than my body weight 19 times and I've added 25 pounds to my bench since I started the routine 3 1/2 weeks ago. Niiiice.
    -Dr. Seuss

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just failed bench for the first time. Failed on the 5th rep of the 4th set at 160lbs. I was kinda bummed until my friend pointed out I just did more than my body weight 19 times and I've added 25 pounds to my bench since I started the routine 3 1/2 weeks ago. Niiiice.
    good stuff bud... you will kill it next time...........
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Closed Thread
Page 84 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast